Mono, but not mono?
I've had unprotected sex with someone who claims she is infected with HIV and hepatitis, however, i have given blood to the red cross 3+ times, and continually gave plasma for almost a year. This seems to indicate to anyone i've talked to that it means i am clean, but i still want to get tested.

That was 4 years ago, and i've felt pretty regular in health. a standard blood work has come back that my white cell count is normal, and my liver function seems to be normal.

before i found out i am at serious risk for being infected (the one who i had sex with only recently revealed it to me), i had a sexual encounter with someone else. I assumed i was clean and so wouldnt pass anything along.

that was under two months ago, and now she is exhibiting mono like symptoms. She is unaware of where she could have caught mono as she has not been in close contact with anyone for a while. She has been getting negative test results for mono for the past week, however she experiences fever, fatigue, extremely sore throat and swollen tonsils.

I am very afraid that i am indeed mistaken and have passed along something to her. I realize it is possible for me to not exhibit symptoms and for someone else to exhibit them at a different rate. Is it at all possible that what she has is not mono? the tests returned negative 3 times. I dont think they are looking at HIV because no one knows we had this encounter. I told her about my risk after the fact because i found out about it after the fact. She agrees that because of the red cross testing, and my blood work, one would assume i am not infected. is this all just coincidence or should i go get tested? My only concern about getting fully tested is that i do not have medical insurance at the moment and if i test positive, i wont be covered.

if this is something very serious, i need to know so i can get tested immediately, and have her get tested too. If it is likely it is really just mono and she is testing negative, i need to put my mind at ease.  thank you in advanced. again, i feel healthy, just really worried.
I think its unlikely this is HIV or hep c, but because you had the exposure, you should test to find out for sure.

Aj
Giving blood to the red cross only means that if it is infected the blood just gets tossed out. They take blood then discard bad blood. Well that is what I am told.
Yes, but they still have to notify you of positive results.

Aj