STDs Community
Moxifloxacin for ngu- has anyone tried it ?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I have an ongoing ngu issue. I have taken doxycycline  and azithromycin already. Has anyone here taken moxifloxacin for ngu? If so did it help or not?
Different bacteria can respond to different medication
i understand that. i have read many posts on ngu's and done research on such ngu's as mycoplasma genitalium which is hard to test for in US. some people talk about moxifloxacin as that is the most likely drug to cure it if others fail. I was hoping someone could share an experience with taken that drug.
Most people are not around after the get an answer.
I am having the same issue with NGU.  tested for everything- negative.  did the same- azitro, doxy, shot of rocephin, flagyl.  don't know what else to do.  thinking of trying moxi but heard it has side effects.  i want to get diagnosed with a pcr test for any mycoplasma but my doctor doesn't offer it.  i've been feeling sick for months, im sure its something to do with a bacteria because it happened immediately after unprotected oral sex. let me know what happens with you.
have you had sex since this started? if so  has your partner received any symptoms?
it was with someone random...how long has your NGU been going on? mine has been 4 months.  
almost 8 months.
my question was have you had any sex since with a known partner(wife/girlfriend) and if so have they experienced any symptoms.
no girlfriend/wife
have you felt sick or heavy headed because of your ngu?
My symptoms are burning in my urethra and anal area. Its constant most of the day for the last 6 months. It's an emotional roller coaster.
whats your doctor saying it could be?  or no help really?
I am in a similar position NGU, going on 3 months now , Antibiotics helped somewhat, but certain symptoms still present.  Tried doxy, cipro, flagly (1 dose), Zithro (1 dose), ceftin (1 dose).  All tests and cultures thus far negative.  I have not tried the Rocephin shot yet nor Moxifloxacin.  

Symptoms started ~5 days after I received unprotected oral sex, firstly an occasional burning and itchy urethra, eventually other things too, but currently I am suffering from occasional burning and aching in urethra/anal area and persistent non itchy rash and feeling of flushed skin with normal temperature.  I have had occasional headaches and extreme fatigue bouts.

I would like to get a ureaplasma or mycoplasma test but it seems to not be offered in the US and since I finished the abx pills and all of my tests are neg. my Dr. thinks I am 'recovered' and refused to test me for anything else!
I too am in the same boat.  Test Neg for everything.  I tested in July and tests came back Neg.  I have a swollen Epididymis. No pain at all, just a tingling sensation after I urinate.  Lasts for about 2-3 minutes then goes away.  I tested again in Late November, (I thought they might have missed something) Tests came back negative again.  I was prescribed Cipro and sulfameth trimethoprim.  Both of them did nothing. All this came about from one unprotected sexual experience.  I contacted my partner and she too has tested negative for everything.  

I don't know what is going on.  After reading up, I think it might be Mycoplasm genitalium.  Going to see a Urologist tomorrow for a follow up.  

Please feel free to respond.  
did they test you for trich? Its really hard to diagnosis in men, so it might not hurt to do a round of flagyl. And yes, the moxofloxin is cdc approved for resistant cases of NGU