STDs Expert Forum
Multiple exposures - STD/HIV?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Multiple exposures - STD/HIV?

Hi Doctors,

I got multiple exposures in the last 6 months (shame), and I am trying to put back my normal life.

I am a married 32 yo straight man, and I was tested fine last Aug. In all exposures below I tried my best to stay safe by having my underwear and pants on all the time; but my mind keeps grilling me about details.

in Dec, I hang out with a "sugar baby" for 2 times. For both times I made her to climax by touching her private area from outside of her jeans. For a second my finger touched her private area skin (no penetration) and my hands probably didn't get wet. However, in one time I am quite high and I got a big visible wet area on my pants, primarily because of my secrection but chances are some from her.

in Jan I visited 2 CSWs. One time I touched the girl's body by hand and her private area from outside of her underwear; she's got no wetness. The other time, I touched the girl's virgina area without barrier briefly; and I then touch it with paper tissue barrier. Again my hands didn't get wet. For both times the girl touched me using her hands outside of my pants. My pants got a slightly wetness from outside.

Yesterday I visited a massage parlor. No handjobs, but the girl use lotion to massage all my under part of body except for my penis. For once or twice her hands briefly touched my penis, for a second or so. Then she touch my penis from outside of a short-pant and my underwear. I also touched her private area from outside of her pants and her underwear. I got quite high and wet but only a bit from out of the short pants. She mentioned she's in menstruation; I got a cut on finger from the day before, not bleeding. I didn't see blood but the room was quite dark.

There is no anal/virgina/oral sex or a complete hand job (with ejaculation) in any form. My fingers not inside virgina but maybe some skin-to-skin touch.

Please tell me the slightest possibilities if ever, as I want my important half to be 100% safe.
Tags: STDs, HIV, Bleeding
Welcome back to the Forum.  I see that you have been a member of MedHelp for some time and have been to our sites on numerous occasions.  As a result, you are probably aware that sometimes Dr. Handsfield answers questions after just reading the title or first few lines of a thread, then goes on to read the rest and adjust his comments.  I am taking the same approach after reading the first three sentences of your post.  The things that will get my attention are your acknowledgement of what you refer to as "shame" and your statement that you kept your underwear and pants on throughout all of the activities that you go on to describe below.

Let's deal with "shame" first.  There is not a lot about sex to be ashamed about.  Sex is normal and a normal part of life.  If you are ashamed because you have breached the trust or jeopardized the respect of another, that is a different thing but shame and embarrassment over sexual contact should not interfere with sexual health (see the ASHA web site on sexual health- it's quite informative).

Second, there are no STDs which can be transmitted through clothing, even thin underwear and even if the material present gets wet with genital secretions.  Thus the risk of getting any STD if a person Keeps their pants or underwear on is virtually zero.

Now on to the rest of your questions.

Having now read the rest of your question, I can assure you that there is no risk of any STD at all from the events you describe.  Most of the rubbing and touching you describe is masturbation and this is safe sex with virtually no meaningful risk at all for acquiring any STD. this is true even if you had a cut, even if you or your partner got wet from genital secretions, and even if your partner was menstruating.

You have no reason to worry and no need for STD testing of any sort related to the events you have described.  

I hope my comments are helpful to you.  EWH
Hi Dr. Hook,

Thank you very much for the informative reply. In particular I am a bit concerned about HSV and HPV because in other threads it seems to me you mention some "slight an theoritical" chance. Does it mean that since there is no direct skin-to-skin contact of the private area so the chance is eliminated? Or genital-hand-genital transmission and fluid contact is never a risk for HSV/HPV?

I think HIV is basically out of the question but please also tell me "not possible".

Thanks :-)
In science one can never say never but the risk for both HSV and HPV from this sort of contact is inconsequential and should not worry you.  

there is no risk for HIV.  

Relax.  EWH
Thank you very much Doctor. Have a nice weekend :-)