STDs Community
My boyfriend is having issues?!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

My boyfriend is having issues?!

My boyfriend and I recently got together (again) after 5 years of not being together. Him and I had sex again for the first time together for the first time in years and now he is saying he's got a sore throat and his penis hurts really bad. I had a cold about a week before him and I had sex with a little bit of a cough but my throat didn't hurt bad at all and he's saying his throat hurts him terribly. I have HPV (cancerous strand) and him and I had unprotected sex because we ended up taking the condom off in the middle. We had sex multiple times with and without the condom because he was saying that it was hurting him from being too tight (magnum was ridiculously hard to put on but we were trying to be safe from pregnancy) but we still ended up taking it off because of discomfort on both ends.

I have not been tested in a while (I did sleep with someone unprotected quite a while ago but didn't have any issues on my end and he would have said something to me  and I'm assuming he would have been pissed if I gave him something else, but he knew I had HPV) and he didn't.

Whereas, now my boyfriend is freaking out, as am I because I don't know what is wrong with him. He hasn't given me details on the pain or if there is a rash or anything of that sort but I'm scared ******** because I don't know what is going on! We had oral sex as well and it just scares me that him and I might have contracted something. I don't know if his last girlfriend had something and he had it and gave it to me but I'm so scared!! I'm going to get tested as soon as possible because I don't have any symptoms of anything, but I'm still terrified. :(( Help!!
at this point, you both should be seen and get full std testing done . make sure it also includes herpes igg blood testing too. that way you have all the bases covered after your last relationship. if you aren't covering pregnancy with birth control pills, consider plan B too if it's been less than 72 hours since the encounter.

odds are his sore throat isn't std related. His penis pain certainly needs properly evaluated by his medical provider.

grace