STDs Community
My symptoms boggle the minds of my doctors. Can you help me?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I have been to see my family doctor and a dermatological nurse practitioner (as the good doctor was out) about some spots that are on my penis.   I got to very different reactions.

I went to my family doctor with a fear that I might have HPV but he did not seem concerned saying that it didn’t look like any STD he had ever seen. The doc gave me a anti fungal cream with a steroid to treat the issue but no tests where ever run.  The cream seemed to help a little but after a year of use never made any dramatic change.  
The dermatological nurse practitioner took one look and almost cried saying that it was “Simplex.” At my insistence she ran a blood test for type 2 and later type 1… both came back negative.    

Recently the itching started back and I used Monistat 7 mixed with vinegar at the recommendation of a friend that thought my penile plight sounded like a penile yeast infection. I thought that this was more inline with my family doctors line of treatment. Wow… I can’t begin to describe the relief I felt after only my second day!  Around day 5 though I noticed those 2 bumps starting to form again… that was about 6 days ago and now they are larger than ever.  The vinegar irritates these bumps turning them dark at first and after that dark skin was washed away it started to make the skin liter collard (white or yellow at times) and the skin tends to become harder and from a scab like layer of skin.  The skin always seems to return to a normal cooler and the bumps seem to shrink a little over night.

Any thoughts?  
I've been saying this a lot lately.  Look up molluscum contagiosum.  See if that looks like what you are experiencing.