STDs Community
NGU and oral transmission
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

NGU and oral transmission

I'm a male who's been married for 12 years and never strayed.  Recently I went to Vegas and got unprotected oral from a "professional."  A week later I had one experience where it burned like hell when I peed.  I only happened once and didn't repeat.  I didn't think (or want to) that it could be something serious.  Better judgment prevailed and 2 days later I got tested and told today I have NGU.  I was given 4 250mg pills of azithromycin to take today and then told to follow up with Ciprofloxacin (500mg tabs twice daily) for 7 days.  The concern is that 5 days after getting the unprotected oral from the "pro", I got the same from my wife (we haven't had any other intercourse since) My question is: could I have given my wife NGU when she gave me oral?  If not NGU, some other form of infection?  How serious could it be?  What are the risks for her at this point.  Coming clean could end the marriage so I'm inclined to hold out revealing all for now.  Any medical insight or experience would be greatly appreciated, thanks...
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
This is very difficult to answer . Medications need to to work. You played poker mate.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
NGU can be from common bacteria, did they test you for anything? Just one time of burning sensation does not sound like a STD or NGU.
Blank
Which tests did they give u to diagnose ngu?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
what is normal mouth bacteria , isn't always so normal in the urogenital track. no reason to worry that what caused your urethritis has infected your wife orally.  

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank