Aa
A
A
Close
NGU and oral transmission
I'm a male who's been married for 12 years and never strayed.  Recently I went to Vegas and got unprotected oral from a "professional."  A week later I had one experience where it burned like hell when I peed.  I only happened once and didn't repeat.  I didn't think (or want to) that it could be something serious.  Better judgment prevailed and 2 days later I got tested and told today I have NGU.  I was given 4 250mg pills of azithromycin to take today and then told to follow up with Ciprofloxacin (500mg tabs twice daily) for 7 days.  The concern is that 5 days after getting the unprotected oral from the "pro", I got the same from my wife (we haven't had any other intercourse since) My question is: could I have given my wife NGU when she gave me oral?  If not NGU, some other form of infection?  How serious could it be?  What are the risks for her at this point.  Coming clean could end the marriage so I'm inclined to hold out revealing all for now.  Any medical insight or experience would be greatly appreciated, thanks...
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
This is very difficult to answer . Medications need to to work. You played poker mate.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
NGU can be from common bacteria, did they test you for anything? Just one time of burning sensation does not sound like a STD or NGU.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Which tests did they give u to diagnose ngu?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
101028 tn?1419606604
what is normal mouth bacteria , isn't always so normal in the urogenital track. no reason to worry that what caused your urethritis has infected your wife orally.  

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank