Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

NGU

My wife of 15 years had a cervical culture a couple of days ago and tested postive for NGU. I have been faithful to her since we were married and she says the same thing. Is there any other way to contract NGU? How long can it stay in your system before you see symptoms?
Hi Thap, NGU can be caused by several things in both men and women. I believe having a culture and or gram stain of you can help identify it as this flora is normal in women. It is a germ and most common with chlamydia. You should also be tested if you were explosed. Talk to your doctor in detail about this.
Avatar n tn
So are you saying that it doesnt mean infidelity?
Yes is could mean this. In europe they call it non specific, but you getting tested will be a big factor if its chlamydia.