This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

NGU

My wife of 15 years had a cervical culture a couple of days ago and tested postive for NGU. I have been faithful to her since we were married and she says the same thing. Is there any other way to contract NGU? How long can it stay in your system before you see symptoms?
Hi Thap, NGU can be caused by several things in both men and women. I believe having a culture and or gram stain of you can help identify it as this flora is normal in women. It is a germ and most common with chlamydia. You should also be tested if you were explosed. Talk to your doctor in detail about this.
So are you saying that it doesnt mean infidelity?
Yes is could mean this. In europe they call it non specific, but you getting tested will be a big factor if its chlamydia.