STDs Community
Names of Gonorrhea & Chlamydia tests

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Names of Gonorrhea & Chlamydia tests

Can anyone help me knowing the names of tests those are performed to see if I have Gonorrhea or Chlamydia? I've checked for the tests through PCR on urine but its not available in my country. Does these tests have alternatives?

Does the symptomos of Gonorrhea and Chlamydia go away at their own???
Hi there -

Some of the most common are Aptima,  and GenProbe.  The GenProbe is good because its a DNA test.

What testing does your country offer?  If you tell us, we can help figure out the accuracy of those tests.  Keep in mind that blood tests for these infections are NOT always accurate.

Aj
Oh forgot -

Symptoms might go away on their own, but they don't usually.

Aj
NAT or NAAT tests are used in the UK for CT Testing.
Neither of the tests mentioned i.e., Aptima, GenProbes, NAT or NAAT are available in my country nor the Gonorrhea & Chlamydia are tested through PCR...

The test that I found is "Chlamydia Trachomatic Antigen" which is performed on urine... What are your comments on this test... This is expensive but I've no other choice than going for it...

There is no test performed for Gonorrhea... I've requested certain labs to arrange me the PCR tests and they might help me there... I read in some post that 1 in 10 men have no symptoms for Gonorrhea and currently I don't have either... Should I assume that I'm free from it? In such a situation is it advisable to go for the antibiotics without having a test? I know its not suggestive but what else can I go for?