STDs Community
Names of Gonorrhea & Chlamydia tests
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Names of Gonorrhea & Chlamydia tests

Can anyone help me knowing the names of tests those are performed to see if I have Gonorrhea or Chlamydia? I've checked for the tests through PCR on urine but its not available in my country. Does these tests have alternatives?

Does the symptomos of Gonorrhea and Chlamydia go away at their own???
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Hi there -

Some of the most common are Aptima,  and GenProbe.  The GenProbe is good because its a DNA test.

What testing does your country offer?  If you tell us, we can help figure out the accuracy of those tests.  Keep in mind that blood tests for these infections are NOT always accurate.

Aj
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Oh forgot -

Symptoms might go away on their own, but they don't usually.

Aj
Blank
NAT or NAAT tests are used in the UK for CT Testing.
Blank
541093_tn?1224674496
Neither of the tests mentioned i.e., Aptima, GenProbes, NAT or NAAT are available in my country nor the Gonorrhea & Chlamydia are tested through PCR...

The test that I found is "Chlamydia Trachomatic Antigen" which is performed on urine... What are your comments on this test... This is expensive but I've no other choice than going for it...

There is no test performed for Gonorrhea... I've requested certain labs to arrange me the PCR tests and they might help me there... I read in some post that 1 in 10 men have no symptoms for Gonorrhea and currently I don't have either... Should I assume that I'm free from it? In such a situation is it advisable to go for the antibiotics without having a test? I know its not suggestive but what else can I go for?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...