STDs Community
Need some advice

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Need some advice

Last Friday I did something stupid and had a one night stand (protected vaginal).  Within an hour I had a throbbing pain at the tip of my penis.  At first I thought it may be a reaction to the condom (I've been married for 20+ years and don't use one with my wife).  Well here it is almost a week later and the throbbing has been on and off all week.  It appears to be worse when my penis is compressed (laying on my stomach while sleeping, sometimes while sitting, etc.).  There is no discharge, discoloration, or burning while peeing, though I do feel the need to pee more often).  I don't think it is an STD (symptoms appeared pretty quickly and I used a condom) but haven't strayed from my wife before and this is my first encounter.  I also fear the paper trail may enable my wife to find out if I do go get tested.  Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be?  How long should I give it before I give in and get tested?
You really had no risk from protected sex, symptoms are not of a STD. If you want to test here are time frames for possible STD's...
Syphilis-6 weeks
Herpes-3 months
Hi and sorry your worried. Sounds like the condom caused this. Probably the condom material stretched and opened your penis tip and bruised it or you bumped the tip up against something inside her. Throbbing pain to me, means the tip was bruised especially the time zone. Youve been having relations with the same vagina for 20 years and this was a new shape inside.