STDs Community
Negative for gonorrhea and chlymidia but still have pain in urethra

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

After having unprotected oral and vaginal sex with a girl about two months ago, I developed a slight burning feeling near the tip of my penis. It didn't feel worse during urination and there has been no discharge. The symptoms came on a week or two after the encounter from what I recall. I went to the doctor and was tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea. The tests were negative but I was given a shot of rocephin and a prescription for 1000mg of Zithromax before the results came back.

The pain in my urethra symptoms went away within 5-7 days but came back by day 13-14. I also developed pain in my hands and feet for a week or two after this treatment and a week or so of night sweats. The pain was mostly in my feet and was located in my arches and toe knuckles. Also a little in my fingers. I also had a burning sensation on the skin of my face and some on my legs and chest for that same week or so. I don't know if this was related to the drugs, stress, or the initial problem. All of these other symptoms have subsequently gone away.

Next, I went to my family doctor clinic and was tested again for chlamydia and gonorrhea. While waiting for that result I was given 100mg of doxycycline 2 times per day for 10 days. Again the tests were negative.  I finished this medication about 4 days ago. The stinging in my penis mostly went away by day 6 of this medication but after finishing it the pain has started to creep back in. Still no discharge. And no other aches or pains this time. Just a mild discomfort in the end of my urethra and maybe now it stays a little more irritated for a few minutes after urinating.

I'm now wondering if this is another bacteria that is less commonly known as an STD? Or maybe a yeast? I don't know what to do next. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone here?
Not a STD, as if it was another STD like herpes or NGU you would have symptoms by now. I suggest seeing a uriologist at this point.
Are you constantly squeezing your penis checking for discharge?
No. Haven't touched it much for weeks. There hasn't been any discharge at all. Just the mild pain. Anyone else?
I'd keep working with your doctor with this one but after the different antibiotics you've taken i'm pretty sure this is not an STD. A uriologist is your next port of call.
Ok. Thanks. Making the appointment today.
Had the same experiences after i had my first sexual encounter with protection, then one foolish moment i took off the condom for about 10 seconds before i got back to my senses. But in addition to your experiences, i have swollen lymphs/ glands on my neck and jaws. Went for an hiv test 2 months after the encounter and tested negative...went again for a full  STI profile (including hiv) but all came out negative...asked the doctor what this could be and he said it could just be due to flue and tonsil then he prescribed some antibiotics and pain killers that don't seem to work. Am worried now...what could this be...HIV or another non-detectable STI???
As you've already tested negative for all STDs you can be confident in those results. Your symptoms are not STD related. I suggest returning to your doctor.
Went to see the urologist yesterday. He had the lab results from the other doctor and did not do further tests. I have now had a small amount of white discharge for three days and it has gotten itchy inside the urethra near he tip.

The doctor put me on 14 days of doxycycline and I have a follow up appointment in two weeks. He discounted the possibility of yeast or any other unusual cause. I'm skeptical that another round of doxy will help but I'll report back after it has had some time to work or not. This is very frustrating. Any additional advice from any medical folks?
Halfway through 14 day script of doxy. Only a minor irritation now just like last time. It seems that when I get done with he doxy it will come back again since I'm still not quite right. I wonder if this is some resistant strain of something and I might need a different antibiotic. Unless the urologist I'm going to see again on Tuesday does something different, I'm afraid this will never go away. Any ideas?
Thanks for your updates Joe, I've had a similar experience. I had on and off symptoms (pain in the tip of my penis, urethra) and some mild pain in testicles post ejaculation for months. the symptoms got too painful and went in for testing a week ago. i was having twice a day or more sex with gf and i think the frequent sex irritated the symptoms. I noticed increased pain a couple times when I came inside her.  I was given the same antibiotics for chlymidia and gonoreha and both tests came back negative. No unusual discharge yet. I do notice a slight inflammation on the tip of my penis it seems inflamed, not much though for months. I have no health insurance so I am curious as to your result before I proceed with further diagnosis. thanks

Mike
Have u check for a uti. Alot of time after taking those meds u can get a uti
Went back to the doctor after the two week course of doxy. If I have any symptoms left they are very mild. I still don't feel quite right but it's hard to put my finger on them now. Just a very minor irritation. He put me on another two weeks of doxy. I'll report back after I'm off of it.
I'm having the same issue

Uti symptoms from protected sex

No discharge

Negative test for chlamydia n gonorrhea

Its odd that quite a number of us have same issues
     Have you been tested for Trichomoniasis? It is a commonly-overlooked cause of urethritis in men due to the fact that it is often asymptomatic. It is reported by the CDC to be the most common curable STI in the U.S., with an estimated 3.7 million people infected (although only 30% are symptomatic). Since Trichomoniasis is usually treated with the antibiotic Metronidazole, the antibiotics that you have taken would not have cleared the infection if you do indeed have it.
     You could also ask to be tested for Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma, as these can also cause urethritis and are not routinely tested for. These are often treated with Zithromax, so there is a chance that your first dose of antibiotics would have cleared them, but not guaranteed since they can develop Zithromax-resistance and require multiple rounds of antibiotics to be cleared.
     Although yeast infections in men are rare, it is not unheard of.
Hope this helps!

Thanks nervous.. I'll ask the doctor about those when I see him again. I've been on doxycycline for about a month and I still have a slight but persistant irritation. This is really worrying me a lot.
it seems like we both have almost the same symptoms. i had an unprotected sex with a woman about 2 months ago. the day after that event, i already felt itchyness in my urthra...from the base going to the tip. since i was naive about sti/std, i just ignored it. then after about a month, my urination started to be painful from the base of my urethra all the way to the tip of my penis. i consulted a doctor and he gave norfloxacin. this medicine made no progress. i consulted with another doctor and he gave me ciprofloxacin. this medicine reduced the pain but the pain is still here. but now only isolated at the tip of my penis. i also have burning sensation on my feet. unfortunately i have read that this burning sensation is a common symptom of HIV/AIDS so i am going to have myself tested this weekend. by the way i also had my self tested for uti, gonorrhea, and chlamydia and the results came out negative. i consulted again with my doctor and he just extended my use of ciprofloxacin. i am also taking azithromycin now. unfortunately there is still some mild pain at the tip of my penis. i've read that gonorrhea is easy to cure. maybe we have contracted some new form of sti/std that is difficult to cure.
I've now had rocephin, Zithromax, doxycycline, and levaquin. They all seemed to help, but that might have been a coincidence since I have had no sexual contact and barely even touched myself during these times I was on the various drugs.

I still have very minor dysuria after being off all medication for a week or more. I have a prescription for flagyl in case it is trichomoniasis, but haven't been tested for it. The only tests I have had were for gonnorrea and chlamydia. And a simple urine screen for white blood cells I guess.  There were no signs of infection.

I now assume there was no bacteria since the various antibiotics should have killed it if it was. I haven't  taken the flagyl yet because I'm a little afraid to keep throwing drugs at the problem indiscriminately.  I'm considering finding another doctor who might be willing to do further tests. The urologist I have been seeing has done zero tests. (Previous doc did the few I've had).

I have had the pain in the joints of my feet and hands and now have had an itchy face with no rash. I still wonder if it might be yeast but I don't know how that would be tested for. I might try the flagyl this week in case it's trichomoniasis...  Really not sure what to do at this point.
No major changes. Seems to start to feel better then come back. It is minor now, but still very irritating. A few days ago I thought just maybe it was going away, then it got noticeable again.

I've been taking garlic supplements and coconut oil thinking it might be a systemic yeast thing. It definitely seems to get worse after eating a lot of sugar so I've tried to stay off sweets for the most part.  Sugar makes my face itch and burn now when it never used to do so. My hands and feet ache on and off and then there is the mild irritation after urination that comes and goes.

I never did try the flagyl for possible trich because it seems the likelihood of that is slim and I am afraid of taking all of these powerful drugs. After the last round of levaquin, I read about the possible side effects and thought better of just throwing drugs at this issue without knowing what it is.

Anyone have any more advise? The urologist I went to is done with his suggestions (not that he had many). I've thought about trying to find another doctor bit I don't know what kind to go see now. I've already been to three.
no std causes all the symptoms you are having.    as you've said previously - you've pretty much covered all the bacterial bases anyways at this point.

no real harm in taking flagyl compared to what you have already taken dear.  it should've been taken weeks ago to properly cover the bases for what it covers.  

do you have a systemic yeast issue? not likely. don't buy into some of the nonsense you read on the internet.  There are good reasons why medical providers don't worry much about things like that - switching to fruits, veggies and  whole grains just does your body good in general and doesn't work because you had systemic yeast as an issue. Most of us eat far too many overly processed foods which are bad for our body - we were designed to eat roughage!!  

I recommend sticking to one urologist at this point. be seen every 3 months if you still have symptoms.   meanwhile stick to the healthy eating and drink plenty of fluids. make sure you aren't sitting for hours at a time too. if your hands and feet continue to ache, ask for a referral to a rheumatologist for further evaluation too.

grace
Quick update. No changes. If I'm off sugar it seems to fade a lot. With a coke or two it comes back strong. Slight burning urethra, itchy burning face with slightly red blotchy cheeks) and scalp. Burning arms (in the same place I'll get a rash if I use the wrong detergent).  Pain in my feet and hands.

Whatever is going on its not going away on its own. It's better than it was, but its still there. If anyone comes up with an epiphany, please let me know.

I'll update in a month or two...
Why won't you try out the Flagyl and see if it works for you. I had a user on this website that claimed to have similar issues and it cleared it up for him instantly after a year of misery. I plan to see if i can get a prescription and see if it will work for me.  
I forgot to mention that I took the Flagyl and there was no change.
How are you now ? Hope they were able to diagnose and eventually give you a treatment.
Well, after all of this time the problem is still present. It is very mild, but still there. Last week my wife had me on an herbal "liver cleanse."  It consisted in part of a bunch of garlic along with other natural ingredients.

Didn't solve the problem of course but it really seems that staying off sugar and eating garlic really helps.

My current symptoms are a very minor irritation of the moist areas of my body. Nose, eyes, mouth, anus, and penis. The foot and hand pain is 99% gone. The achy joints are gone. My skin (arms and scalp) still itches and burns when I have big quantities of sugar. This also makes the penis irritation flare up along with the other moist areas. No rash or visible changes "down there," but my face will still get red on my cheeks and forehead.

That's all to report at this time. 9 months and counting.
It could just be genital anxiety. There is so much sensation that goes on down there that on a normal healthy day we don't even pay attention to it.
Im having similar experiances (had un protected sex once just before new year)but with abdominal pain.  Tingling itchness that comes and goes a lot, at the tip of the penis or just down the shaft a little.  Lots of abdominal pain as well though started on the back on the left hand side sort of kidney region and then moved around a lot around there and to the groin.  Got tested for Chlamydia and Gonnarea and they came back neg after 5 weeks.   Went to docs as adbdominal pain was getting worse - they have sent me off for a ultrascan to check for kidney stones which I have a week on Friday.  The pain has since moved away from kidneys to high up in abdomon mainly but some lower to....made me think IBS but then whats the tingling in penis.  Went back last week and got retested for Chalmydia and Gonnarea and waiting on those results.  Went because the fact that the pain moved around a lot.

Seems lots have this issue but it can't be pin pointed.....any suggestions?  Will keep eye on thread to see how you get on.
I have been having the same symptoms described by everyone since having unprotected sex about 2 months ago, negative STI tests, UTI-like symptoms that have come and gone (and are now back again) with rounds of antibiotics, redness around the tip of my penis, swollen lymph nodes etc, but have also been having abdominal pain, sometimes around my kidney and sometimes in the middle just like you describe. Do you have results for your ultrascan yet?

I had 1000mg Zithromax initially before results were back, then 5 days Doxy about 3 weeks later when it came back (GP presumed it was chlamydia), then Metronizadole in case it was Trich about 2 weeks ago, now am on more Zithromax in case it's Mycoplasma and am on a 2 week course of Doxy because the urologist thinks it's Epididymitis. If this doesn't work I think he said he'd see if it was Prostatitis, which would be treated with 4-6 weeks of antibiotics.

I'll update as things develop
Im having the exact same problem.  Mine has been going on for at least 6 months.  I have an itching sensation and swollen lymph nodes in my groin.  Doctors cant seem to figure out what it is.  It started after i had unprotected anal sex with the now ex-gf.  Urine tests come back normal.

Maybe its time to see an infectious disease specialist.
I was just doing some googling and maybe it's a urethral stricture?

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/urethral-stricture
this is an old post. please start your own post so we can help you. we discuss this in our read before posting post if you haven't read that already too :)

thanks!!
Hello.  I have exactly the symptoms you describe of burning when I pass urine, swollen lymph glands in my groin, and the tip of my urethra is swollen something like a reddish ring around the opening.  I have taken a big shock dose, 1000mg. + 500mg. the next day,  of Zithromax and 1000mg. of Cipro with 500 mg. more the next day, and on my 5th day of Doxycycline.  This is all at the same time.  It has not done any good.  I might have had a trace of discharge, only because I had lint stuck to the end of my penis when I pulled my clothes off.  Nothing visable.  I had unportected vaginal and then anal sex with a girl.  I can't understand why these three antibiotics have no effect on this.  Have you found out anything more about this?   Thank you so much.  Dan
For me, it's been 10 months now. I haven't taken any more antibiotics. Right now things have really tapered off. I'm feeling almost normal. As it has been in the past, I expect this is temporary. Whatever keeps flaring it up will probably happen again. Either way, it is minor when it happens.  I do hope the thread stays active so I can update as time goes by.
You can update it anytime you want and will stay active for you. Sometimes old threads gets people posting on them asking questions and we want them to start a new thread dedicated to them.
I have had very slimier symptoms. I had unprotected sex with a girl about 2 months ago. Now a few weeks ago I felt a burning sensation in the urethra and strong smelling urine. After three weeks of the burning sensation I decided to go to the doc, they tested for chlamydia which came back negative. Tomorrow morning I will receive the results for many different types of STDS, however my symptoms don't match up to any STD's which I have researched. I also have the swollen lymph nodes on my groin (had those for months, went to the doc ages ago and he said they would go away but they haven't). Only recently did the tubes in my scrotum start to become painful. No discharge has been found, + symptoms for gonorrhea normally show up within two weeks of infection so I feel like I can rule that one out. Will get back to you guys on my results tomorrow morning hopefully with an answer.
Hi has anyone on this thread been tested for HSV? I have all these symptoms and a lot more, my theory is HSV, I started to get cold sores in my lip, burning in leg and arms, face, tip of penis, bad smell, lost weight, chronic fatigue, after unprotected sex. No other health issues previously, tested negative for everything else
Hey everyone, just reading the comments here and I have the same symptoms. I suggest you ask your Doctor or urologist to test you for Prostatitis.   There are different forms of this condition but basically it's inflammation of the prostate which can be caused by bacterial infection .   There's lots of info online so check it out.  I hope this helps!
Hey averagejoe, how long did it take for your joint symptoms to go away?  I've had them for nearly 4 months now and they're more severe than what you seem to be describing.  I've been diagnosed with reactive arthritis, which means I most likely caught chlamydia from protected oral sex even though Dr HHH and my own doctors insist that that's not possible!  Of course, I still urinate every hour or two but have learned to live with that.
Remorseful,
It was maybe 5-6 months. Since then I've had no joint pain. Only the itchyness here and there.

As far as the itchyness and sugar correlation goes... For a long time if I had a soda or something similar, I would get the symptoms flaring almost immediately. In the last month or so, that seems to have diminished. After rarely consuming anything with any added sugar, I've snuck a little here and there. It seems to still flare the symptoms, but only a very little bit.

Of course this sugar correlation is a very unscientific and unexplainable connection, but I think it is somehow related. Not the initial cause, but somehow affects the lingering problem. Hopefully it is going away by itself. It seems to be doing so.
My ultrascan came back clear.  Everything died down for a couple of weejs and then came back last week.  Pain in penis is almost non existent thou every now and again.  Main thing is the abdominal pain that is all over mocing aroind.  

Was re tested week 15 chlamydia , gono , hiv , syphlis and I got them to test for trich to.  The Gum clinic nurse said if the6 all xame back negative to stop worrying about sexual heal5h issus.  Results today all negative.

Docs have made me stop a different med I take to see if that but still having.  Next line they are going down is IBS.  Appoibtment for that end of week.  Will keep checking back to up date.
Thanks averagejoe.  I hope I will be so lucky as the pain is really weighing on me.  The doctors said it will probably go away in 6 months but it sure doesn't look like it now.  Did you take anything for the joint pain or did you just wait it out?  I have to take celebrex at the maximum dosage just to be able to function or get some sleep.

Have you tried antihistamines for the itching?  I had a breakout of hives about 3 years ago that lasted over 2 months but then disappeared almost as soon as it came.  I found xysal helpful along with another drug whose name I can't remember (probably allegra but not 100% sure).  It may not be related to your urinary issues.
Thanks for the initial topic and follow up posts averagejoe.  My symptoms and situation are very similar to yours.  I had unprotected vaginal sex, and a week or two later I had a burning at the tip of my penis (plus issues urinating).  After 10 days on antibotics (started off on Doxy/Cipro... I had a horrific reaction to the Cipro... now I'm on Keflex) the burning is almost gone but not really 100%.

I'm drinking plenty of fluids, plus cranberry juice/tea.  I hope this goes away completely!  Hearing your slow but steady progress is encouragement for all of us  :)

Mike
wow i cant believe there are others with my symptoms - the pain by the back/kindeys and the abdominal pain that moves around - my dr dismissed this because he felt pain doesnt move around if something is wrong - please keep posting if you find out more
This thread is for averagejoe to update and ask questions on. If you have questions for him please send him a PM.
I've been experiencing this problem as well. Honestly, I have no clue what it is but I'm gonna go get checked for tric next. This isn't cool, bc all my tests have come back neg yet I still have a burning feeling when I urinate. I've checked and checked online and with doctors. Could this be the start of kidney stones or something? Help! Have been treated for both clumidia and syphilis even though tests came back negative. What's the deal?
Same here. After two days i started feeling uncomfortable, haven't gotten tested. its been less than a week. does it go without me taking any prescription?
I have had these problems off and on for some time now. I always got tested for STD's and they always come back Negative. Saw a Urologist and said I had chronic Prostatitis. You have to have a Prostate exam in order to explain. The Prostate is supposed to feel hard like a fist and I was told mine was soft like a sponge. When the Prostate acts up, there are pain receptors at the tip of your penis that get set off due to inflammation, it often goes misdiagnosed as STD's. In the end, just for your own sanity, ALWAYS use protection with sex. I took Zithromax 1500 mg one dose, Cipro, Doxy and Bactrim. Those would kill any bacteria, The symptoms most of you sound like you have could be from Prostatitis. Get that checked with a Urologist.
Thanks nervous. I had mine checked early on but I think we all appreciate your experience.
No problem. The crazy thing is that I was having unprotected sex at the times I was having problems, so I naturally got concerned and had every test and took all the antibiotics I could get and I was still feeling the burning. I even went to a well known hospital to see their doctors and they all treated my symptoms as an STD, thus all the antibiotics. It wasn't until I saw a specialist in Urology that I found out about the Prostatitis. Thought I may be allergic to latex as well, so I switched to non latex. I find now that when I am stressed the Prostate acts up and I know it's not an STD because it happens at times when I haven't even had intercourse. This stuff makes a guy crazy, just keep a calm head and look into keeping an eye out and a change in lifestyle if it helps.
Im having these symptoms, i had brief unprotected sex whilst i was in thailand in january last year. Been tested for all std's over here including a private hsv lgg blood test 4 months post exposure, All tests were negative. Nearly a year on i get penis tip pain somtimes, a warm feeling in the groin, urine seems to stay in my uretha after urinating. I also have a list of realy strange symptoms like tiny muscle spasms all over my body, mild blurry vission and realy oily nose, ears, eye lids forhead. Also suffering with infected hair follicules which cause red lumps all over my body. Last but not least i have mixed bowel movments. Only thing that have shown up on my blood work was a low vitamin B12 which im having injections every 3 months for. However symptoms are still going on..
I have same symptoms. I developed a stinging sensation in the head of my penis several hours after sex. During the day I could feel the pain travelling up to the base. By the next day I had pain in the prostate area, my right testicle and tube was sore and I had a pain in the lower bladder region. Over the next week the pain became worse so I saw a doctor and tested for urine infection. He prescribed tablets I started straight away, but the tests came back neg. He did note my calcium levels were high and to see my regular doc. My doc tested for chlamydia and GonorWA, neg results. Then referee to urologist, from my description he sees it as chlamydia so he prescribed doxylin 100 once a day for 3 weeks. I have just started the third week today, the discomfort had eased considerably but now notice the pain returning. Mine becomes painful when I feel the urge to urinate and eases off when it finished. We had used lube and was wondering if that had caused like a burn in the urethra. Mind you that was 3 months ago and no sex in 8 weeks.
I have the same
**** as all of you been to doctor many times It boggles me
I have more or less the same symptoms. I had protected vaginal sex about 6 months ago with someone other than my committed partner. Had all the tests and antibiotics including trich treatment. Nothing helped. After 8-10 weeks of antibiotics A doctor told me it was guilt and anxiety causing my prostatitis.
I don't know if it was the revelation or the 8 weeks of drugs but I felt a little relief after. It does tend to come back in stressful situations.
So having said that I will just leave this here:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_prostatitis/chronic_pelvic_pain_syndrome
***************************THREAD IS CLOSED***********************************
Wow, I'm having this same exact problem.... Have any had a abscessed tooth that burst in your mouth? I heard that can make u sick.... After I took all those test that came back nagaitive I thought about the abscessed that busted in my mouth... And also I recently switched calogne... I always spray that area & I was wondering if maybe I'm irritated by that.... Any comments on my situation?
Did anyone check the following site:
https://sites.google.com/site/newhivaidslikeviruschina/

Not sure about the information reliability. But my symptoms are matching. Now not sure what to do as doctors don't know what to do.
Do a search for Reiter's Syndrome. I am amazed at how many of the posts in this forum are describing the chronic urethral discharge, in conjuction with either eye redness or arthritic symptoms, and no one has put these together. These are the three symptoms of Reiter's Syndrome that can be caused by a chlamydia infection. It appear as though chlamydia can cause a secondary stage that is immune to anti-biotics that invades synovial fluid and causes reinfection that does not get picked up on swab and culture. Zithromax seems to help me while doxycycline does not. I think this is a widespread problem that most doctors are not trained in.
i also have pain in the penis after having sex can someone tell me the problem i feel the huge to urinate,i have done h.i.v test after 2 months of unprotected test it came out negative,i went to specialist urologist ,i was told to take 1000mg ciproxin yet still not working,then i was also told to swicth to levosaphlin 500mg yet none are working,can someone tell me the cause
Start a thread dedicated to your question and it will be answered.
this sounds like my story...how are you feeling now...have you heard anything different?
I can relate to how you are feeling as i have been dealing with this for over a year myself without finding any medication that has cured or helped much.    I think Nervous Breakdown was on the right track talking about urea plasma and myco plasma, which is rarely tested for in the US.   There is a type of mycoplasma (genitalium) that has a high treatment failure.  I feel whatever is being passed around is more likely a subtype of one of these species instead of chlamydia or secondary stage chlamydia.  I was tested for chlamydia and ghonorrhea multiple times, and trhichomoniasis as well as just about everything else except urea or myco plasms, which seemsto be  an incurable infections that antibiotics are not useful for.  Maybe another reason they are not keen to test for or develop tests for this.....
where are you located? averagejoe2727??? california? me and other friends have been having almost the same symptoms in the northern california area,
i have had all the same meds as you and they helped a little but the problems came back after the meds ran out, the foot pain, and urethritis and swollen tonsils for me, no itchy face or chest tho
btw joe, its not trich, ive been treated and tested
also what time of day are your symptoms the worst? late afternoon? early moring? nite? mine are worse in the afternoon
I like where
leftlymphprobs  
is going with the Reiter's Syndrome...because I am dealing with joint pain, i had pink eye two weeks ago and have been dealing with only testicle pain and burning during urination...i have been given doxycycline for a UTI ,5 days worth, but it has not helped...I have had unprotected sex with my gf for over a year now, she hasn't had any issues over the past year....
After having protected sex recently with a woman, I noticed a burning sensation in the tip of my penis.  I am usually prone to UTI, so I went to the doctor to check it out.  UTI, Ghonorea (Gonorrhea), Chlamydia tests done and all came back negative.  No white blood cells or discharge in urine.  I do suspect that my urine isn't exiting completely and a bit lingers because there is a cool sensation at times in my urethra.  There is also a moving burning sensation through out my leg/thigh.  There might be a correlation.  The pain vanishes when I am sleeping at night (thankfully).

STD or not, I do feel that this would never have happened had I not slept with that woman.  But I did use a condom...  It just makes me wonder if we put too much faith in condoms.  But what else are we suppose to do?

reiters syndrome tends to be temporary, like a systemic poison oak flare up, its the same kind of reaction, i have been tested for reiters and i have arthritis aswell from this, and conjuctivitis, bet its mycoplasma, mycoplasma causes reactive arthritis in men and is asymptomatic in women for a long time, it also can cause other reactive things like conjuntivitis when it becomes disseminated, moxifloxacin is the only known cure for mycoplasma, other antibiotics have a relative low chance of curing it which isnt good. go see an infectuous disease specialist, or have the HL45 test for reiters done  
my story is pretty much the same except i was only tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphlis and HIV and all came back negative the doctor didnt recomend herpes testing because my symptoms dont sound like it
Nothing to add or update. I keep off sugar, I'm good.  I don't, its back. Appreciate the other posts though. I read them all.  Some sound related, many don't. But thanks for the feedback. I'm in the middle south of the  US for the poster who asked. I don't have much faith in doctors for help with this obscure problem. I will probably try that route again before the year is over though. I'll report back.
hi, i've been reading your post and i have the same problem. i have unprotected sex a month ago and got discharge after 7 days. i took erithromycin on my 2nd week but no luck. then i took cefalexin on my 3rd week but still burning pain but less discharge. on my 4th week i took azithromycin 500 2 a day dor 7 day and the discharge where gone but the burning sensation on the scrothum at the rigth side of it. so i consulted not to a Family Med and injected me ceftriaxone 250 mg IM and to take doxycylcine for 10 days. im on my 9th day taking the doxy and still no discharge but still have burning sensation at my testicle rigth side still but its tolerable.  On my 10 day ill be consutling to my doctor further testing. Im 35 and separated with my wife for 4 yrs and this is the first time i encounter this kind of feeling. thanks for updating us and will always keep in touch on this forum...
I've been going through the same thing. Received unprotected oral. Started having symptoms. Got tested, negative. Still was give Zithromax and Flagyl. Felt better but still small irritation. Was given xanax as a method of trying to decrease my anxiety. It somewhat helps but I still have small irritation. Planning on going to see a specialist soon
None of you guys have a severe lower back pain ?
I am dealing similar problems for 3 months and no results?
White/cloudy discharge, itching urethra, and lower back pain which bothers me a lot.
Tried to treat with azitromycin, metronidazol, and doxycycline. So far no good.
hey I have had the same symptoms even the lint around the opening except the swollen lymph glands ive been tested for Chlamydia  UTI Ghonorea (Gonorrhea) all came back negative my gf of 4 months has also been tested for hiv and hep b  also negative . I found that drinking lots of cranberry juice helped but didn't make it go away and lots of sugar seems to make it burn more when I pee
yes I have lower abdominal towards my back pain
its reiter syndrome it has to be  have you asked your doctor about this also ask if you can get tested to see if you have the HLA-B27 gene.
got a lot of the same symptoms as others on this forum. have increased my consumption of whole milk and seem to be doing better. wondering if  i am lacking some vitamin deficiency. Going back to doctor tomorrow. almost 1 yr now and problem still comes and go. nothing major just that sm discomfort every now and then.
If you are getting tested for all sorts of stuff and still nothing, maybe it could be a urethral stricture or actual damage in your urethra.

"Urethral stricture refers to any narrowing of the urethra for any reason whether or not it actually impacts the flow of urine out of the bladder.

Any inflammation of urethra can result in scarring, which then can lead to a stricture or a narrowing of the urethra. Trauma, infection, tumors, surgeries, or any other cause of scarring may lead to urethral narrowing or stricture. Mechanical narrowing of the urethra without scar formation (developmental causes or prostate enlargement) can also cause urethral stricture.

Urethral stricture is significantly more common in men and boys compared to women and girls. This condition is considered rare in females."

Just an idea...  It didn't occur to me that this might be the issue, but I noticed a painful sensation at the base of my penis.  To get this fixed, you may need a catheter placed in the urethra to help it heal correctly.
There are almost 2 years now since my boyfriend is taking a lot of medication and see doctors but the situation is the same as in the beginning:
After we have sex, in 2-3 hours he feels fever chills, perspiration to the head, itching in urethra and sting in testicles. He also presents low-grade fever during the day only. Everything seems to be triggered by the sexual activity
All the tests come back negative, the doctors are wordless...
We are desperate...we don't know what to do anymore.
Please help!
Hi All,
I read with interest all your posts. I am in the same situation. Burning penis tip and occasionally discharge which is grey / white and does not have the consistency of sperm. I had unprotected sex with an escort and the burning sensation started immediately the day after. That was 7 weeks ago. I have been tested 3 times now, first two times all negative and third time an infection was spotted via swab. I am waiting for the urine test result and hopefully they'll be able to name the infection. I've been on Doxycycline 100mg twice a day for 7 days. No improvement. After I went to the doctor's suspecting it was fungal and was prescribed Fluconazole 50mg once a day for 14 days and Canesten Cream (which I applied on the penis twice a day). No improvement (the cream made it actually worse so I stopped). After that 2000mg of Zithromax over 5 days and Metronidazole 400mg tablets twice a day for 5 days. Symptoms got better but after two days of finishing the treatment they came back.
Any advice?
Hello brothers! I have a protected  encounter with a girl a 2eek before.The very nex day my tip of the penis started burning and I do not find any rashes.I have tested hiv turns to be negative.after two days my feet and fingers also started burning .Today there is an off and on with my penis starts tingling
suggest what to do?
bacterial vaginosis, they say that guys don't get it but has any one being check for this.

i got similar symptoms and i know i an going through some type of yeast infection from the prostate out wards, i used a yeast cream and it clear it out on the out side but if i masturbate it start to get red from the tip of the glands all the way out.
i regret having sex with that woman so much.
my life was a party 24/7 now all  i got is dry mouth for breakfast and nightmares for dinner.

i don't trust condoms any more i am out of the sex thing.
Out of curiosity, I have the same symptoms it seems everyone else is having.  Was anyone on this thread working or deployed to Afghanistan?  I broke out in hives over there then when i came back and had sex with my wife the pain started in a couple weeks.  I found out she had an affair so I automatically thought I had the clap but negative for all std's and I was on Doxy for like 7 months.  
Hello, I have had similar symptoms and believe I have Herpes.  I have burning on genitals and feet, tingling feeling on arms and ears.  At first my urethra opening wasn't red, but now it is bright red and swollen.  I have had the burning symptoms since hours after having unprotected sex.  Also,  I do drink a lot and thought it could be related to that.  I have now stopped drinking and am taking my second dose of anti-biotics.  The first dose of anti-biotics did not help, but I also did not stop drinking -__- I know not smart.  Both doses seem to relieve the burning, I still feel the burning but sometimes only or to where I can withstand it.  The second dose made me feel better the first day I started taking them.  The next morning I felt normal, no burning, but then it started again after arriving at work and then the next day my urethra opening was swollen and bright red.  I did drink coffee that day.  After awhile of the burning symptoms I saw a rash on my thigh that I just thought was from the burning, since it did not burn, hurt, or itch.  Now I believe if these anit-biotics do not work I may have herpes, but I have had the burning symptom for over a month now.  I am not sure what to think and am very worried.  This is the most up-to-date blog that I have found.  I did go to the doctor and performed a urine test, but it tested normal.
Please I often have a reaction on my penis.it first start to ish and the next day the reaction comes up fully and when I press it it brings out water and after some time it dries up and does not come back for weeks or months only to surface again and I had hiv test which was negative.what do I do please?am scared
This comes up at the corner of my penis close to my balls and at times just on my penis.the reaction starts little and after sometime really ish and when I press it part of them bust bringing little water out everything dries up the next day or 2 only to come back after some time.what can this be please.I had unprotected sex with a woman 2 years ago and treated it then this has started since then but does not happen at times for months
Hi; to everyone. i'm from Canada in the capital and i have all the symptom of all since 5 months now. The last thing they do with me is a scan; negative result. Now i'm waiting for a blader scan. They suppose to bring a camera by the urethra to find was going on. It's look like nothing work and doctors don't know also what's going on. Scary or what?
Hi; to everyone i'm from Canada in the capital and i have all the symptom of all since 5 months now. The last thing they do with me is a scan. Now i'm waiting for a blader scan. They suppose to bring a camera by the urethra to find was going on. It's look like nothing work and doctors don't know also what's going on. Scary or what?
What was the result of the scan?
Did it ever go away? I'm having exactly the same problem. Please report back.
Now only skin problems, testosterone, sporadic tongue and genital irritation.
Happy holidays everyone. I will respond to the few private messages I've received here instead of answering them individually.

I don't have any answers to report, but whatever started all of this for me seems to be nearly gone now. For a year and a half I had the symptoms I described. I eventually realized (in my case at least) they were brought on and exasperated by sugar intake. For almost a year I severely limited my intake of sugar and found that I felt normal while I did so. When I ate/drank something with a lot of sugar, I got the symptoms I described. It originally was a burning in the penis and pain in the hands and feet. Eventually those symptoms subsided but I often got a itchy scalp and face along with the slight irritation in the penis. As a result, I stayed off sugar. All was (mostly) well.

As time went by, I would sneak sugar now and again. But not very much. Another few months went by and I've now found that even if I eat or drink sugar, I feel normal. I can't explain it.  All in all I think I will be completely back to normal very soon. I'm almost there now. 99.9% probably.

I won't write any more unless there are changes. I don't know what it was that happened to me. Somehow it was related to the sex. Whether it was psychosomatic or an actual virus/bacteria/yeast, I just don't know. I don't think I'll ever know. I have written all I know throughout my posts. If you have questions for me and what I've gone through, simply print all of my posts and filter out the responses from other people and read mine in order. Not to discount their input, but simply to read what happened to me in chronological order. It is all I have to offer. I certainly wish I had more, but I just don't. I'm not in the medical field.

For any of you going through this, there may be a connection between some of us. Probably many of you have an unrelated problem though. Either way, it seems obvious that there are a number of STD type issues that doctors have no idea about. Good luck to you all. I wish you a happy new year.  Stay positive. For those that don't, always use a condom!

Has anyone here gone to an infectious disease specialist?
I too have this issue and belive me it it will not go away by itself.
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers