STDs Community
Negative for gonorrhea and chlymidia but still have pain in urethra

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

After having unprotected oral and vaginal sex with a girl about two months ago, I developed a slight burning feeling near the tip of my penis. It didn't feel worse during urination and there has been no discharge. The symptoms came on a week or two after the encounter from what I recall. I went to the doctor and was tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea. The tests were negative but I was given a shot of rocephin and a prescription for 1000mg of Zithromax before the results came back.

The pain in my urethra symptoms went away within 5-7 days but came back by day 13-14. I also developed pain in my hands and feet for a week or two after this treatment and a week or so of night sweats. The pain was mostly in my feet and was located in my arches and toe knuckles. Also a little in my fingers. I also had a burning sensation on the skin of my face and some on my legs and chest for that same week or so. I don't know if this was related to the drugs, stress, or the initial problem. All of these other symptoms have subsequently gone away.

Next, I went to my family doctor clinic and was tested again for chlamydia and gonorrhea. While waiting for that result I was given 100mg of doxycycline 2 times per day for 10 days. Again the tests were negative.  I finished this medication about 4 days ago. The stinging in my penis mostly went away by day 6 of this medication but after finishing it the pain has started to creep back in. Still no discharge. And no other aches or pains this time. Just a mild discomfort in the end of my urethra and maybe now it stays a little more irritated for a few minutes after urinating.

I'm now wondering if this is another bacteria that is less commonly known as an STD? Or maybe a yeast? I don't know what to do next. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone here?
Not a STD, as if it was another STD like herpes or NGU you would have symptoms by now. I suggest seeing a uriologist at this point.
Are you constantly squeezing your penis checking for discharge?
No. Haven't touched it much for weeks. There hasn't been any discharge at all. Just the mild pain. Anyone else?
I'd keep working with your doctor with this one but after the different antibiotics you've taken i'm pretty sure this is not an STD. A uriologist is your next port of call.
Ok. Thanks. Making the appointment today.
Had the same experiences after i had my first sexual encounter with protection, then one foolish moment i took off the condom for about 10 seconds before i got back to my senses. But in addition to your experiences, i have swollen lymphs/ glands on my neck and jaws. Went for an hiv test 2 months after the encounter and tested negative...went again for a full  STI profile (including hiv) but all came out negative...asked the doctor what this could be and he said it could just be due to flue and tonsil then he prescribed some antibiotics and pain killers that don't seem to work. Am worried now...what could this be...HIV or another non-detectable STI???
As you've already tested negative for all STDs you can be confident in those results. Your symptoms are not STD related. I suggest returning to your doctor.
Went to see the urologist yesterday. He had the lab results from the other doctor and did not do further tests. I have now had a small amount of white discharge for three days and it has gotten itchy inside the urethra near he tip.

The doctor put me on 14 days of doxycycline and I have a follow up appointment in two weeks. He discounted the possibility of yeast or any other unusual cause. I'm skeptical that another round of doxy will help but I'll report back after it has had some time to work or not. This is very frustrating. Any additional advice from any medical folks?
Halfway through 14 day script of doxy. Only a minor irritation now just like last time. It seems that when I get done with he doxy it will come back again since I'm still not quite right. I wonder if this is some resistant strain of something and I might need a different antibiotic. Unless the urologist I'm going to see again on Tuesday does something different, I'm afraid this will never go away. Any ideas?
Thanks for your updates Joe, I've had a similar experience. I had on and off symptoms (pain in the tip of my penis, urethra) and some mild pain in testicles post ejaculation for months. the symptoms got too painful and went in for testing a week ago. i was having twice a day or more sex with gf and i think the frequent sex irritated the symptoms. I noticed increased pain a couple times when I came inside her.  I was given the same antibiotics for chlymidia and gonoreha and both tests came back negative. No unusual discharge yet. I do notice a slight inflammation on the tip of my penis it seems inflamed, not much though for months. I have no health insurance so I am curious as to your result before I proceed with further diagnosis. thanks

Mike
Have u check for a uti. Alot of time after taking those meds u can get a uti
Went back to the doctor after the two week course of doxy. If I have any symptoms left they are very mild. I still don't feel quite right but it's hard to put my finger on them now. Just a very minor irritation. He put me on another two weeks of doxy. I'll report back after I'm off of it.
I'm having the same issue

Uti symptoms from protected sex

No discharge

Negative test for chlamydia n gonorrhea

Its odd that quite a number of us have same issues
     Have you been tested for Trichomoniasis? It is a commonly-overlooked cause of urethritis in men due to the fact that it is often asymptomatic. It is reported by the CDC to be the most common curable STI in the U.S., with an estimated 3.7 million people infected (although only 30% are symptomatic). Since Trichomoniasis is usually treated with the antibiotic Metronidazole, the antibiotics that you have taken would not have cleared the infection if you do indeed have it.
     You could also ask to be tested for Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma, as these can also cause urethritis and are not routinely tested for. These are often treated with Zithromax, so there is a chance that your first dose of antibiotics would have cleared them, but not guaranteed since they can develop Zithromax-resistance and require multiple rounds of antibiotics to be cleared.
     Although yeast infections in men are rare, it is not unheard of.
Hope this helps!

Thanks nervous.. I'll ask the doctor about those when I see him again. I've been on doxycycline for about a month and I still have a slight but persistant irritation. This is really worrying me a lot.
it seems like we both have almost the same symptoms. i had an unprotected sex with a woman about 2 months ago. the day after that event, i already felt itchyness in my urthra...from the base going to the tip. since i was naive about sti/std, i just ignored it. then after about a month, my urination started to be painful from the base of my urethra all the way to the tip of my penis. i consulted a doctor and he gave norfloxacin. this medicine made no progress. i consulted with another doctor and he gave me ciprofloxacin. this medicine reduced the pain but the pain is still here. but now only isolated at the tip of my penis. i also have burning sensation on my feet. unfortunately i have read that this burning sensation is a common symptom of HIV/AIDS so i am going to have myself tested this weekend. by the way i also had my self tested for uti, gonorrhea, and chlamydia and the results came out negative. i consulted again with my doctor and he just extended my use of ciprofloxacin. i am also taking azithromycin now. unfortunately there is still some mild pain at the tip of my penis. i've read that gonorrhea is easy to cure. maybe we have contracted some new form of sti/std that is difficult to cure.
I've now had rocephin, Zithromax, doxycycline, and levaquin. They all seemed to help, but that might have been a coincidence since I have had no sexual contact and barely even touched myself during these times I was on the various drugs.

I still have very minor dysuria after being off all medication for a week or more. I have a prescription for flagyl in case it is trichomoniasis, but haven't been tested for it. The only tests I have had were for gonnorrea and chlamydia. And a simple urine screen for white blood cells I guess.  There were no signs of infection.

I now assume there was no bacteria since the various antibiotics should have killed it if it was. I haven't  taken the flagyl yet because I'm a little afraid to keep throwing drugs at the problem indiscriminately.  I'm considering finding another doctor who might be willing to do further tests. The urologist I have been seeing has done zero tests. (Previous doc did the few I've had).

I have had the pain in the joints of my feet and hands and now have had an itchy face with no rash. I still wonder if it might be yeast but I don't know how that would be tested for. I might try the flagyl this week in case it's trichomoniasis...  Really not sure what to do at this point.
No major changes. Seems to start to feel better then come back. It is minor now, but still very irritating. A few days ago I thought just maybe it was going away, then it got noticeable again.

I've been taking garlic supplements and coconut oil thinking it might be a systemic yeast thing. It definitely seems to get worse after eating a lot of sugar so I've tried to stay off sweets for the most part.  Sugar makes my face itch and burn now when it never used to do so. My hands and feet ache on and off and then there is the mild irritation after urination that comes and goes.

I never did try the flagyl for possible trich because it seems the likelihood of that is slim and I am afraid of taking all of these powerful drugs. After the last round of levaquin, I read about the possible side effects and thought better of just throwing drugs at this issue without knowing what it is.

Anyone have any more advise? The urologist I went to is done with his suggestions (not that he had many). I've thought about trying to find another doctor bit I don't know what kind to go see now. I've already been to three.
no std causes all the symptoms you are having.    as you've said previously - you've pretty much covered all the bacterial bases anyways at this point.

no real harm in taking flagyl compared to what you have already taken dear.  it should've been taken weeks ago to properly cover the bases for what it covers.  

do you have a systemic yeast issue? not likely. don't buy into some of the nonsense you read on the internet.  There are good reasons why medical providers don't worry much about things like that - switching to fruits, veggies and  whole grains just does your body good in general and doesn't work because you had systemic yeast as an issue. Most of us eat far too many overly processed foods which are bad for our body - we were designed to eat roughage!!  

I recommend sticking to one urologist at this point. be seen every 3 months if you still have symptoms.   meanwhile stick to the healthy eating and drink plenty of fluids. make sure you aren't sitting for hours at a time too. if your hands and feet continue to ache, ask for a referral to a rheumatologist for further evaluation too.

grace
Quick update. No changes. If I'm off sugar it seems to fade a lot. With a coke or two it comes back strong. Slight burning urethra, itchy burning face with slightly red blotchy cheeks) and scalp. Burning arms (in the same place I'll get a rash if I use the wrong detergent).  Pain in my feet and hands.

Whatever is going on its not going away on its own. It's better than it was, but its still there. If anyone comes up with an epiphany, please let me know.

I'll update in a month or two...
Why won't you try out the Flagyl and see if it works for you. I had a user on this website that claimed to have similar issues and it cleared it up for him instantly after a year of misery. I plan to see if i can get a prescription and see if it will work for me.  
I forgot to mention that I took the Flagyl and there was no change.
How are you now ? Hope they were able to diagnose and eventually give you a treatment.
Well, after all of this time the problem is still present. It is very mild, but still there. Last week my wife had me on an herbal "liver cleanse."  It consisted in part of a bunch of garlic along with other natural ingredients.

Didn't solve the problem of course but it really seems that staying off sugar and eating garlic really helps.

My current symptoms are a very minor irritation of the moist areas of my body. Nose, eyes, mouth, anus, and penis. The foot and hand pain is 99% gone. The achy joints are gone. My skin (arms and scalp) still itches and burns when I have big quantities of sugar. This also makes the penis irritation flare up along with the other moist areas. No rash or visible changes "down there," but my face will still get red on my cheeks and forehead.

That's all to report at this time. 9 months and counting.
It could just be genital anxiety. There is so much sensation that goes on down there that on a normal healthy day we don't even pay attention to it.
Im having similar experiances (had un protected sex once just before new year)but with abdominal pain.  Tingling itchness that comes and goes a lot, at the tip of the penis or just down the shaft a little.  Lots of abdominal pain as well though started on the back on the left hand side sort of kidney region and then moved around a lot around there and to the groin.  Got tested for Chlamydia and Gonnarea and they came back neg after 5 weeks.   Went to docs as adbdominal pain was getting worse - they have sent me off for a ultrascan to check for kidney stones which I have a week on Friday.  The pain has since moved away from kidneys to high up in abdomon mainly but some lower to....made me think IBS but then whats the tingling in penis.  Went back last week and got retested for Chalmydia and Gonnarea and waiting on those results.  Went because the fact that the pain moved around a lot.

Seems lots have this issue but it can't be pin pointed.....any suggestions?  Will keep eye on thread to see how you get on.
I have been having the same symptoms described by everyone since having unprotected sex about 2 months ago, negative STI tests, UTI-like symptoms that have come and gone (and are now back again) with rounds of antibiotics, redness around the tip of my penis, swollen lymph nodes etc, but have also been having abdominal pain, sometimes around my kidney and sometimes in the middle just like you describe. Do you have results for your ultrascan yet?

I had 1000mg Zithromax initially before results were back, then 5 days Doxy about 3 weeks later when it came back (GP presumed it was chlamydia), then Metronizadole in case it was Trich about 2 weeks ago, now am on more Zithromax in case it's Mycoplasma and am on a 2 week course of Doxy because the urologist thinks it's Epididymitis. If this doesn't work I think he said he'd see if it was Prostatitis, which would be treated with 4-6 weeks of antibiotics.

I'll update as things develop
Im having the exact same problem.  Mine has been going on for at least 6 months.  I have an itching sensation and swollen lymph nodes in my groin.  Doctors cant seem to figure out what it is.  It started after i had unprotected anal sex with the now ex-gf.  Urine tests come back normal.

Maybe its time to see an infectious disease specialist.
I was just doing some googling and maybe it's a urethral stricture?

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/urethral-stricture
this is an old post. please start your own post so we can help you. we discuss this in our read before posting post if you haven't read that already too :)

thanks!!
Hello.  I have exactly the symptoms you describe of burning when I pass urine, swollen lymph glands in my groin, and the tip of my urethra is swollen something like a reddish ring around the opening.  I have taken a big shock dose, 1000mg. + 500mg. the next day,  of Zithromax and 1000mg. of Cipro with 500 mg. more the next day, and on my 5th day of Doxycycline.  This is all at the same time.  It has not done any good.  I might have had a trace of discharge, only because I had lint stuck to the end of my penis when I pulled my clothes off.  Nothing visable.  I had unportected vaginal and then anal sex with a girl.  I can't understand why these three antibiotics have no effect on this.  Have you found out anything more about this?   Thank you so much.  Dan
For me, it's been 10 months now. I haven't taken any more antibiotics. Right now things have really tapered off. I'm feeling almost normal. As it has been in the past, I expect this is temporary. Whatever keeps flaring it up will probably happen again. Either way, it is minor when it happens.  I do hope the thread stays active so I can update as time goes by.
You can update it anytime you want and will stay active for you. Sometimes old threads gets people posting on them asking questions and we want them to start a new thread dedicated to them.
I have had very slimier symptoms. I had unprotected sex with a girl about 2 months ago. Now a few weeks ago I felt a burning sensation in the urethra and strong smelling urine. After three weeks of the burning sensation I decided to go to the doc, they tested for chlamydia which came back negative. Tomorrow morning I will receive the results for many different types of STDS, however my symptoms don't match up to any STD's which I have researched. I also have the swollen lymph nodes on my groin (had those for months, went to the doc ages ago and he said they would go away but they haven't). Only recently did the tubes in my scrotum start to become painful. No discharge has been found, + symptoms for gonorrhea normally show up within two weeks of infection so I feel like I can rule that one out. Will get back to you guys on my results tomorrow morning hopefully with an answer.
Hi has anyone on this thread been tested for HSV? I have all these symptoms and a lot more, my theory is HSV, I started to get cold sores in my lip, burning in leg and arms, face, tip of penis, bad smell, lost weight, chronic fatigue, after unprotected sex. No other health issues previously, tested negative for everything else
Hey everyone, just reading the comments here and I have the same symptoms. I suggest you ask your Doctor or urologist to test you for Prostatitis.   There are different forms of this condition but basically it's inflammation of the prostate which can be caused by bacterial infection .   There's lots of info online so check it out.  I hope this helps!
Hey averagejoe, how long did it take for your joint symptoms to go away?  I've had them for nearly 4 months now and they're more severe than what you seem to be describing.  I've been diagnosed with reactive arthritis, which means I most likely caught chlamydia from protected oral sex even though Dr HHH and my own doctors insist that that's not possible!  Of course, I still urinate every hour or two but have learned to live with that.
Remorseful,
It was maybe 5-6 months. Since then I've had no joint pain. Only the itchyness here and there.

As far as the itchyness and sugar correlation goes... For a long time if I had a soda or something similar, I would get the symptoms flaring almost immediately. In the last month or so, that seems to have diminished. After rarely consuming anything with any added sugar, I've snuck a little here and there. It seems to still flare the symptoms, but only a very little bit.

Of course this sugar correlation is a very unscientific and unexplainable connection, but I think it is somehow related. Not the initial cause, but somehow affects the lingering problem. Hopefully it is going away by itself. It seems to be doing so.
My ultrascan came back clear.  Everything died down for a couple of weejs and then came back last week.  Pain in penis is almost non existent thou every now and again.  Main thing is the abdominal pain that is all over mocing aroind.  

Was re tested week 15 chlamydia , gono , hiv , syphlis and I got them to test for trich to.  The Gum clinic nurse said if the6 all xame back negative to stop worrying about sexual heal5h issus.  Results today all negative.

Docs have made me stop a different med I take to see if that but still having.  Next line they are going down is IBS.  Appoibtment for that end of week.  Will keep checking back to up date.
Thanks averagejoe.  I hope I will be so lucky as the pain is really weighing on me.  The doctors said it will probably go away in 6 months but it sure doesn't look like it now.  Did you take anything for the joint pain or did you just wait it out?  I have to take celebrex at the maximum dosage just to be able to function or get some sleep.

Have you tried antihistamines for the itching?  I had a breakout of hives about 3 years ago that lasted over 2 months but then disappeared almost as soon as it came.  I found xysal helpful along with another drug whose name I can't remember (probably allegra but not 100% sure).  It may not be related to your urinary issues.
Thanks for the initial topic and follow up posts averagejoe.  My symptoms and situation are very similar to yours.  I had unprotected vaginal sex, and a week or two later I had a burning at the tip of my penis (plus issues urinating).  After 10 days on antibotics (started off on Doxy/Cipro... I had a horrific reaction to the Cipro... now I'm on Keflex) the burning is almost gone but not really 100%.

I'm drinking plenty of fluids, plus cranberry juice/tea.  I hope this goes away completely!  Hearing your slow but steady progress is encouragement for all of us  :)

Mike
wow i cant believe there are others with my symptoms - the pain by the back/kindeys and the abdominal pain that moves around - my dr dismissed this because he felt pain doesnt move around if something is wrong - please keep posting if you find out more
This thread is for averagejoe to update and ask questions on. If you have questions for him please send him a PM.
I've been experiencing this problem as well. Honestly, I have no clue what it is but I'm gonna go get checked for tric next. This isn't cool, bc all my tests have come back neg yet I still have a burning feeling when I urinate. I've checked and checked online and with doctors. Could this be the start of kidney stones or something? Help! Have been treated for both clumidia and syphilis even though tests came back negative. What's the deal?
Same here. After two days i started feeling uncomfortable, haven't gotten tested. its been less than a week. does it go without me taking any prescription?
I have had these problems off and on for some time now. I always got tested for STD's and they always come back Negative. Saw a Urologist and said I had chronic Prostatitis. You have to have a Prostate exam in order to explain. The Prostate is supposed to feel hard like a fist and I was told mine was soft like a sponge. When the Prostate acts up, there are pain receptors at the tip of your penis that get set off due to inflammation, it often goes misdiagnosed as STD's. In the end, just for your own sanity, ALWAYS use protection with sex. I took Zithromax 1500 mg one dose, Cipro, Doxy and Bactrim. Those would kill any bacteria, The symptoms most of you sound like you have could be from Prostatitis. Get that checked with a Urologist.
Thanks nervous. I had mine checked early on but I think we all appreciate your experience.
No problem. The crazy thing is that I was having unprotected sex at the times I was having problems, so I naturally got concerned and had every test and took all the antibiotics I could get and I was still feeling the burning. I even went to a well known hospital to see their doctors and they all treated my symptoms as an STD, thus all the antibiotics. It wasn't until I saw a specialist in Urology that I found out about the Prostatitis. Thought I may be allergic to latex as well, so I switched to non latex. I find now that when I am stressed the Prostate acts up and I know it's not an STD because it happens at times when I haven't even had intercourse. This stuff makes a guy crazy, just keep a calm head and look into keeping an eye out and a change in lifestyle if it helps.
Im having these symptoms, i had brief unprotected sex whilst i was in thailand in january last year. Been tested for all std's over here including a private hsv lgg blood test 4 months post exposure, All tests were negative. Nearly a year on i get penis tip pain somtimes, a warm feeling in the groin, urine seems to stay in my uretha after urinating. I also have a list of realy strange symptoms like tiny muscle spasms all over my body, mild blurry vission and realy oily nose, ears, eye lids forhead. Also suffering with infected hair follicules which cause red lumps all over my body. Last but not least i have mixed bowel movments. Only thing that have shown up on my blood work was a low vitamin B12 which im having injections every 3 months for. However symptoms are still going on..
I have same symptoms. I developed a stinging sensation in the head of my penis several hours after sex. During the day I could feel the pain travelling up to the base. By the next day I had pain in the prostate area, my right testicle and tube was sore and I had a pain in the lower bladder region. Over the next week the pain became worse so I saw a doctor and tested for urine infection. He prescribed tablets I started straight away, but the tests came back neg. He did note my calcium levels were high and to see my regular doc. My doc tested for chlamydia and GonorWA, neg results. Then referee to urologist, from my description he sees it as chlamydia so he prescribed doxylin 100 once a day for 3 weeks. I have just started the third week today, the discomfort had eased considerably but now notice the pain returning. Mine becomes painful when I feel the urge to urinate and eases off when it finished. We had used lube and was wondering if that had caused like a burn in the urethra. Mind you that was 3 months ago and no sex in 8 weeks.
I have the same
**** as all of you been to doctor many times It boggles me
I have more or less the same symptoms. I had protected vaginal sex about 6 months ago with someone other than my committed partner. Had all the tests and antibiotics including trich treatment. Nothing helped. After 8-10 weeks of antibiotics A doctor told me it was guilt and anxiety causing my prostatitis.
I don't know if it was the revelation or the 8 weeks of drugs but I felt a little relief after. It does tend to come back in stressful situations.
So having said that I will just leave this here:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_prostatitis/chronic_pelvic_pain_syndrome
***************************THREAD IS CLOSED***********************************
Wow, I'm having this same exact problem.... Have any had a abscessed tooth that burst in your mouth? I heard that can make u sick.... After I took all those test that came back nagaitive I thought about the abscessed that busted in my mouth... And also I recently switched calogne... I always spray that area & I was wondering if maybe I'm irritated by that.... Any comments on my situation?
Did anyone check the following site:
https://sites.google.com/site/newhivaidslikeviruschina/

Not sure about the information reliability. But my symptoms are matching. Now not sure what to do as doctors don't know what to do.
Do a search for Reiter's Syndrome. I am amazed at how many of the posts in this forum are describing the chronic urethral discharge, in conjuction with either eye redness or arthritic symptoms, and no one has put these together. These are the three symptoms of Reiter's Syndrome that can be caused by a chlamydia infection. It appear as though chlamydia can cause a secondary stage that is immune to anti-biotics that invades synovial fluid and causes reinfection that does not get picked up on swab and culture. Zithromax seems to help me while doxycycline does not. I think this is a widespread problem that most doctors are not trained in.
i also have pain in the penis after having sex can someone tell me the problem i feel the huge to urinate,i have done h.i.v test after 2 months of unprotected test it came out negative,i went to specialist urologist ,i was told to take 1000mg ciproxin yet still not working,then i was also told to swicth to levosaphlin 500mg yet none are working,can someone tell me the cause
Start a thread dedicated to your question and it will be answered.
this sounds like my story...how are you feeling now...have you heard anything different?
I can relate to how you are feeling as i have been dealing with this for over a year myself without finding any medication that has cured or helped much.    I think Nervous Breakdown was on the right track talking about urea plasma and myco plasma, which is rarely tested for in the US.   There is a type of mycoplasma (genitalium) that has a high treatment failure.  I feel whatever is being passed around is more likely a subtype of one of these species instead of chlamydia or secondary stage chlamydia.  I was tested for chlamydia and ghonorrhea multiple times, and trhichomoniasis as well as just about everything else except urea or myco plasms, which seemsto be  an incurable infections that antibiotics are not useful for.  Maybe another reason they are not keen to test for or develop tests for this.....
where are you located? averagejoe2727??? california? me and other friends have been having almost the same symptoms in the northern california area,
i have had all the same meds as you and they helped a little but the problems came back after the meds ran out, the foot pain, and urethritis and swollen tonsils for me, no itchy face or chest tho
btw joe, its not trich, ive been treated and tested
also what time of day are your symptoms the worst? late afternoon? early moring? nite? mine are worse in the afternoon
I like where
leftlymphprobs  
is going with the Reiter's Syndrome...because I am dealing with joint pain, i had pink eye two weeks ago and have been dealing with only testicle pain and burning during urination...i have been given doxycycline for a UTI ,5 days worth, but it has not helped...I have had unprotected sex with my gf for over a year now, she hasn't had any issues over the past year....
After having protected sex recently with a woman, I noticed a burning sensation in the tip of my penis.  I am usually prone to UTI, so I went to the doctor to check it out.  UTI, Ghonorea (Gonorrhea), Chlamydia tests done and all came back negative.  No white blood cells or discharge in urine.  I do suspect that my urine isn't exiting completely and a bit lingers because there is a cool sensation at times in my urethra.  There is also a moving burning sensation through out my leg/thigh.  There might be a correlation.  The pain vanishes when I am sleeping at night (thankfully).

STD or not, I do feel that this would never have happened had I not slept with that woman.  But I did use a condom...  It just makes me wonder if we put too much faith in condoms.  But what else are we suppose to do?

reiters syndrome tends to be temporary, like a systemic poison oak flare up, its the same kind of reaction, i have been tested for reiters and i have arthritis aswell from this, and conjuctivitis, bet its mycoplasma, mycoplasma causes reactive arthritis in men and is asymptomatic in women for a long time, it also can cause other reactive things like conjuntivitis when it becomes disseminated, moxifloxacin is the only known cure for mycoplasma, other antibiotics have a relative low chance of curing it which isnt good. go see an infectuous disease specialist, or have the HL45 test for reiters done  
my story is pretty much the same except i was only tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphlis and HIV and all came back negative the doctor didnt recomend herpes testing because my symptoms dont sound like it
Nothing to add or update. I keep off sugar, I'm good.  I don't, its back. Appreciate the other posts though. I read them all.  Some sound related, many don't. But thanks for the feedback. I'm in the middle south of the  US for the poster who asked. I don't have much faith in doctors for help with this obscure problem. I will probably try that route again before the year is over though. I'll report back.
hi, i've been reading your post and i have the same problem. i have unprotected sex a month ago and got discharge after 7 days. i took erithromycin on my 2nd week but no luck. then i took cefalexin on my 3rd week but still burning pain but less discharge. on my 4th week i took azithromycin 500 2 a day dor 7 day and the discharge where gone but the burning sensation on the scrothum at the rigth side of it. so i consulted not to a Family Med and injected me ceftriaxone 250 mg IM and to take doxycylcine for 10 days. im on my 9th day taking the doxy and still no discharge but still have burning sensation at my testicle rigth side still but its tolerable.  On my 10 day ill be consutling to my doctor further testing. Im 35 and separated with my wife for 4 yrs and this is the first time i encounter this kind of feeling. thanks for updating us and will always keep in touch on this forum...
I've been going through the same thing. Received unprotected oral. Started having symptoms. Got tested, negative. Still was give Zithromax and Flagyl. Felt better but still small irritation. Was given xanax as a method of trying to decrease my anxiety. It somewhat helps but I still have small irritation. Planning on going to see a specialist soon
None of you guys have a severe lower back pain ?
I am dealing similar problems for 3 months and no results?
White/cloudy discharge, itching urethra, and lower back pain which bothers me a lot.
Tried to treat with azitromycin, metronidazol, and doxycycline. So far no good.
hey I have had the same symptoms even the lint around the opening except the swollen lymph glands ive been tested for Chlamydia  UTI Ghonorea (Gonorrhea) all came back negative my gf of 4 months has also been tested for hiv and hep b  also negative . I found that drinking lots of cranberry juice helped but didn't make it go away and lots of sugar seems to make it burn more when I pee
yes I have lower abdominal towards my back pain
its reiter syndrome it has to be  have you asked your doctor about this also ask if you can get tested to see if you have the HLA-B27 gene.
got a lot of the same symptoms as others on this forum. have increased my consumption of whole milk and seem to be doing better. wondering if  i am lacking some vitamin deficiency. Going back to doctor tomorrow. almost 1 yr now and problem still comes and go. nothing major just that sm discomfort every now and then.
If you are getting tested for all sorts of stuff and still nothing, maybe it could be a urethral stricture or actual damage in your urethra.

"Urethral stricture refers to any narrowing of the urethra for any reason whether or not it actually impacts the flow of urine out of the bladder.

Any inflammation of urethra can result in scarring, which then can lead to a stricture or a narrowing of the urethra. Trauma, infection, tumors, surgeries, or any other cause of scarring may lead to urethral narrowing or stricture. Mechanical narrowing of the urethra without scar formation (developmental causes or prostate enlargement) can also cause urethral stricture.

Urethral stricture is significantly more common in men and boys compared to women and girls. This condition is considered rare in females."

Just an idea...  It didn't occur to me that this might be the issue, but I noticed a painful sensation at the base of my penis.  To get this fixed, you may need a catheter placed in the urethra to help it heal correctly.
There are almost 2 years now since my boyfriend is taking a lot of medication and see doctors but the situation is the same as in the beginning:
After we have sex, in 2-3 hours he feels fever chills, perspiration to the head, itching in urethra and sting in testicles. He also presents low-grade fever during the day only. Everything seems to be triggered by the sexual activity
All the tests come back negative, the doctors are wordless...
We are desperate...we don't know what to do anymore.
Please help!
Hi All,
I read with interest all your posts. I am in the same situation. Burning penis tip and occasionally discharge which is grey / white and does not have the consistency of sperm. I had unprotected sex with an escort and the burning sensation started immediately the day after. That was 7 weeks ago. I have been tested 3 times now, first two times all negative and third time an infection was spotted via swab. I am waiting for the urine test result and hopefully they'll be able to name the infection. I've been on Doxycycline 100mg twice a day for 7 days. No improvement. After I went to the doctor's suspecting it was fungal and was prescribed Fluconazole 50mg once a day for 14 days and Canesten Cream (which I applied on the penis twice a day). No improvement (the cream made it actually worse so I stopped). After that 2000mg of Zithromax over 5 days and Metronidazole 400mg tablets twice a day for 5 days. Symptoms got better but after two days of finishing the treatment they came back.
Any advice?
Hello brothers! I have a protected  encounter with a girl a 2eek before.The very nex day my tip of the penis started burning and I do not find any rashes.I have tested hiv turns to be negative.after two days my feet and fingers also started burning .Today there is an off and on with my penis starts tingling
suggest what to do?
bacterial vaginosis, they say that guys don't get it but has any one being check for this.

i got similar symptoms and i know i an going through some type of yeast infection from the prostate out wards, i used a yeast cream and it clear it out on the out side but if i masturbate it start to get red from the tip of the glands all the way out.
i regret having sex with that woman so much.
my life was a party 24/7 now all  i got is dry mouth for breakfast and nightmares for dinner.

i don't trust condoms any more i am out of the sex thing.
Out of curiosity, I have the same symptoms it seems everyone else is having.  Was anyone on this thread working or deployed to Afghanistan?  I broke out in hives over there then when i came back and had sex with my wife the pain started in a couple weeks.  I found out she had an affair so I automatically thought I had the clap but negative for all std's and I was on Doxy for like 7 months.  
Hello, I have had similar symptoms and believe I have Herpes.  I have burning on genitals and feet, tingling feeling on arms and ears.  At first my urethra opening wasn't red, but now it is bright red and swollen.  I have had the burning symptoms since hours after having unprotected sex.  Also,  I do drink a lot and thought it could be related to that.  I have now stopped drinking and am taking my second dose of anti-biotics.  The first dose of anti-biotics did not help, but I also did not stop drinking -__- I know not smart.  Both doses seem to relieve the burning, I still feel the burning but sometimes only or to where I can withstand it.  The second dose made me feel better the first day I started taking them.  The next morning I felt normal, no burning, but then it started again after arriving at work and then the next day my urethra opening was swollen and bright red.  I did drink coffee that day.  After awhile of the burning symptoms I saw a rash on my thigh that I just thought was from the burning, since it did not burn, hurt, or itch.  Now I believe if these anit-biotics do not work I may have herpes, but I have had the burning symptom for over a month now.  I am not sure what to think and am very worried.  This is the most up-to-date blog that I have found.  I did go to the doctor and performed a urine test, but it tested normal.
Please I often have a reaction on my penis.it first start to ish and the next day the reaction comes up fully and when I press it it brings out water and after some time it dries up and does not come back for weeks or months only to surface again and I had hiv test which was negative.what do I do please?am scared
This comes up at the corner of my penis close to my balls and at times just on my penis.the reaction starts little and after sometime really ish and when I press it part of them bust bringing little water out everything dries up the next day or 2 only to come back after some time.what can this be please.I had unprotected sex with a woman 2 years ago and treated it then this has started since then but does not happen at times for months
Hi; to everyone. i'm from Canada in the capital and i have all the symptom of all since 5 months now. The last thing they do with me is a scan; negative result. Now i'm waiting for a blader scan. They suppose to bring a camera by the urethra to find was going on. It's look like nothing work and doctors don't know also what's going on. Scary or what?
Hi; to everyone i'm from Canada in the capital and i have all the symptom of all since 5 months now. The last thing they do with me is a scan. Now i'm waiting for a blader scan. They suppose to bring a camera by the urethra to find was going on. It's look like nothing work and doctors don't know also what's going on. Scary or what?
What was the result of the scan?
Did it ever go away? I'm having exactly the same problem. Please report back.
Now only skin problems, testosterone, sporadic tongue and genital irritation.
Happy holidays everyone. I will respond to the few private messages I've received here instead of answering them individually.

I don't have any answers to report, but whatever started all of this for me seems to be nearly gone now. For a year and a half I had the symptoms I described. I eventually realized (in my case at least) they were brought on and exasperated by sugar intake. For almost a year I severely limited my intake of sugar and found that I felt normal while I did so. When I ate/drank something with a lot of sugar, I got the symptoms I described. It originally was a burning in the penis and pain in the hands and feet. Eventually those symptoms subsided but I often got a itchy scalp and face along with the slight irritation in the penis. As a result, I stayed off sugar. All was (mostly) well.

As time went by, I would sneak sugar now and again. But not very much. Another few months went by and I've now found that even if I eat or drink sugar, I feel normal. I can't explain it.  All in all I think I will be completely back to normal very soon. I'm almost there now. 99.9% probably.

I won't write any more unless there are changes. I don't know what it was that happened to me. Somehow it was related to the sex. Whether it was psychosomatic or an actual virus/bacteria/yeast, I just don't know. I don't think I'll ever know. I have written all I know throughout my posts. If you have questions for me and what I've gone through, simply print all of my posts and filter out the responses from other people and read mine in order. Not to discount their input, but simply to read what happened to me in chronological order. It is all I have to offer. I certainly wish I had more, but I just don't. I'm not in the medical field.

For any of you going through this, there may be a connection between some of us. Probably many of you have an unrelated problem though. Either way, it seems obvious that there are a number of STD type issues that doctors have no idea about. Good luck to you all. I wish you a happy new year.  Stay positive. For those that don't, always use a condom!

Has anyone here gone to an infectious disease specialist?
I too have this issue and belive me it it will not go away by itself.
I have this same problem, I went on Doxyciline a 2 tablet a day for 2 weeks course. This did help with the issues but as soon as I came off the tablets and had intercourse 5 days after with my partner of 2 years and problems came back. She is clean and negative on all tests, I am also negative on all tests? I've had 4 tests and this is going back from last January and still negative.

I have had no discharge or anything like that, My epididymis is inflamed and rather swollen, I still get a sensation when I ejaculate but nothing near to what it was before my problems. I also get a little ache in my left bullock, left top thigh and abdomen?

I'm worried ******** because well What the actual feck could it be?? I have been told to see a urologist so lets hope he can sort out my aching testies.

I hope that all you guys managed to get sorted? and would be very appreciative if you could post your results and what was the problem if it was resolved?

Many thanks guys.
I have also had some of the same symptoms plus a couple of other ones for about two monthsnow, I've been tested for a numerous amount of things! Alot of blood work done (3 std HIV tests) 3 different renal ultrasounds (kidneys bladder) ultrasound of my testicles, ct of abdomen and pelvis, more blood work cbc,cmp, thyroid, ect blood culture, stool culture ect ect alot of work done on me period... The only thing they keep finding is a small microscopic trace of blood in my urine plus my abnormal urinary symptoms and the other symptoms, I saw a urologist about a week ago, he performed s DRE on me wich revealed a tender prostate that lead him to believe it was epididymitis, he prescribed antibiotics, cypro 500mg twice s day, I had s really bad alergic (allergic) reaction to it so it got switched to bactrim.. My primary care physician thinks it has alot to do with severe health anxiety issues that I've had since my early teens, psychosomatic disorder as well.. Just sucks knowing that I know my own body and frankly know the difference between anxiety and real physical symptoms!! Hopefully this new antibiotic helps and praying that I don't have an allergic reaction to it! Good luck to everybody
i have unprotected sex with prostitute last week, and she released vaginal secretions in me, she told me she was clean of HIV. After a week a felt burning sensation and pain from the tip of my penis. I went to an ER and have blood sample and urine taken, it  came back normal, they wont give me anitbiotics since WBC is still in normal range, they just gave me paracetamol for the pain. I cant do any hiv test until the 4th week or so, PLs help
Hi hon. My husband had the same issue. We were sure it was not STD related, so he went to a doc who tried to claim it was likely chlamydia. I knew this to be false, so we had him tested anyways and the doc was stumped after running many tests. A urologist even stuck a camera up there and only noticed a small tear near an internal area. He said that should not have caused the issue. I had an ex with the same issue. His docs tried to claim STD as well even though I was tested regularly and no test was ever done there.

My husband finally spoke to his father who informed him that he has the same issue any time he eats anything acidic. My husband notices it strongly as well after sodas and the like. Very frustrating that such a common illness is misdiagnosed and ignored by the medical community. Apparently, the issue at hand is much more common in women, but nearly never diagnosed in men. My mother in law is a nurse. They know what the name of it is, but we don't remember. Kind of an awkward conversation to bring up again. lol.

Best wishes. Just watch your diet. My husband says that drinking lots of water and avoiding foods that cause this speeds up healing. Takes about 1-2 weeks for him to heal up each time.
i'm a kidney dialysis patient i don't urinate anymore i don't have no discharge but have a burning at the tip of my head penis head it comes and goes
someone help me
I don't have the "burning" sensation that most people describe when they pee. It is an abnormal feeling with minor discomfort, and has been going on for over two weeks, was tested for both chlamydia and Gonorrhea  and came back negative. Although the Doctor said I had white blood cells in my urine specimen.

I do have a discharge that doesn't usually come out on its own but it gives off small amounts daily as I squeeze my penis and this fluid out. It appears white, but when it touches a tissue you can clearly see that it's yellow.

This is driving me crazy! As I don't want to pass anything on to my partner!
Have anybody found out what's going on?
Been getting a few more private messages so a quick update. Again - read my posts if you are interested in my saga. There is nothing to add. I haven't been back to the doctor. No diagnosis. Whatever caused this is no longer giving me symptoms. Whether it was physical or psychological,  it is gone as far as I can tell. I can eat sweets again which is nice. Fortunately I've been able to stay cut back a bit on sweets anyway for my general well being though, but if I have a couple cokes a week it's no big deal. No more symptoms.

That's all I can tell any of you asking questions though. I just don't know what the heck it was. I'm sure it was related to the sex even if it was in my head. I really wish I knew because it really worried me for a long time.  It created a ton of stress and I'l always wonder what the hell it was. Anyone who has read what I've written knows everything I know. It doesn't answer any questions, but that's how it is. Sorry.

Good luck to you all. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.  And thanks for the support of so many of you. It was very helpful.
I'm having MOST of the same symptoms as everyone on here... Itchy urethra, swollen testicles, very slight white/yellowish discharge (only when I squeeze it out), abdominal pain, and I noticed the symptoms 2 days after unprotected sex.

My doctor put me on Zithromax, and when that didn't work I was on Doxycycline. Doxycycline worked while I was on it, but after my regimen was finished the symptoms came back.
I tested negative for all STDs just like everyone else on this forum.

Here's what I'm beginning to think...
Maybe we are all experiencing Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis as just ONE symptom of performing too much sex/masterbation.

Symptoms of too much sex/masterbation:
http://www.herballove.com/guide/over-masturbation-symptoms-and-stages-severity

Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis:
http://www.herballove.com/guide/chronic-prostatitis-caused-over-masturbation

My doctor originally suspected epididymitis, and that's why he prescribed Doxycycline; but, if the main problem is prostatitis, then this is not the recommended treatment.

"The most effective medications are fluoroquinolones and TMP-SMZ. All other oral agents are unlikely to eradicate the pathogenic bacteria successfully within the prostate because of suboptimal tissue penetration. Longer courses of antibiotic use provide better treatment outcomes. Relapse is not uncommon."
Source: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/458391-treatment

Any thoughts?
Another great article on Bacterial Prostatitis:
http://www.aafp.org/afp/2000/0515/p3015.html
Must read!
I think this might be the smoking gun - at least for me...
http://www.oocities.org/bill3320/
Wow,that was some great advice......
Five years of pain in my urethra but have tested negative for everything out to five years.. Have anybody found a solution to this mystery std?
The mental stress is almost as bad as the physical pain
Questions

Do your female partners have symptoms also ?

Does the itching happen more so after ejaculation ?

Did you have anal sex ?  

Did you wear a condom ?  And if so, was it latex ?

Did you have foreplay prior to putting on the condom ?  

Did you get oral sex prior to putying on the condom ?

Start your own thread if you have questions.
Not sure if you thought of this:  Most of what you think is sugar - especially in soda - is actually CORN SYRUP - and corn allergy is SO COMMON - it is the 1st food allergen an allergy specialist (usually Ear, nose, throat (ENT) - dr.) will test for. Itchy is a very common symtom of allergy - for the longest time my ears itched -(inside - not the lobes) - and allergist said of course - its 'cuz your eating and breathing what you're allergic too. I went on allergy shots, stopped eating SOY and CORN and a few other items and ears stopped itching. When I am due for a shot - or when i eat too much of those things - BOOM - itchy comes right back! It could simply be allergy reaction. See an allergist! and maybe in mean time try Claritin or one of ther non-drowsy allergy meds and see what happens after a couple days. Then while on the claritin (there are some allergy meds that neutralize more than just histameans btw) - so while on an allergy med that does work or help - then have a coke and see what happens. And if the inside of your ear can itch - you can bet your butt so can your urethra! Also - watch out for too much vitamin D3
I am a single guy and have protected sex with a lot prostitutes.  Some times,  I get the burning from some of this women even with protection   I tried a experiment with my doctors who is aware sexual partners.  I like shagging this one girl a lot and am upfront with my doctor about the prostitute.  The std tests were negative but I was given a shot of 250 rocephin and a prescription of Zithromax which killed the pain with in 24 hours.  I follow up by drinking a ton of water kefir or kombucha to replenish the probiotics in my system so no yeast infection form antibiotics. That causes pain too.
No pain for two week while traveling for fun and hooked up with the same prostitute at home when I got back. ****,  I got the burning again.  
Went back to my doctor and got the shot of rocephin and generic Zithromax and gone in 24 hr.  
Not see her anymore.  Oh be careful with unprotected oral sex as well. That will get you as well.

Guys,

I had exactly same symptoms, and been on the various antibiotics (metronidazole, azithromycin, doxycycline, SMZ/TMP, ) and AZO for 2 months, that was crazy and no help at all. Finally I read a lot, and found kind of solution. What I understood we have combination of STI with light kind of balanoposthitis.  Byt because majority of us used to have antibiotics against number of STI, so remain symptoms of balonoposthitis causes those constant pain. So, on medication side finally  I used to have 1 tablet of ciprofloxacin twice per day for 7 days, and 4 times per day hydroco/apap – that for pain relief. On natural medication I got rosehip oil 100% natural (easy available online).  You can also have Sea Buckthorn Oil. But I used only rosehip oil, apply to penis couple drops to spread oil on surface and testicles.  On diet part – try to avoid alcohol (at least for couple weeks), and reduce sugar, coffee (as those could influence efficiency of antibiotic you using). Anyway, after couple days I feel 99.9% better, and almost no residual symptoms remains. Hope that will help you guys too.

Avatar n tn
I went through the whole store almost same as you did. Do you have any stomach problems after all the antibiotic use? I'm feeling very unwell since the use of all these antibiotics, It's bee 6 months now since my last ab course, I have stomache pain, loin pain, chest pain, I don't even know if they're all related. How long ago did you stop your medications? how does your stomache/body feel?
Avatar n tn
I can't believe others have the same issue. Anybody find out what's going around?
      I received unprotected oral sex and the next day my penis started to itch then turned to pain and discomfort a couple of days later
  My urine had a strong odor and I had a frequent urge to urinate. this seems to cycle thru about every four days, about two days of no symptoms then it starts with a tingle the i have to urinate then the discomfort/pain starts it goes on and of thru out the day and waking me up at night. I have also noticed pain in my lower back and my joints but no discharge redness or swelling.
     I saw my family doc he gave me Zithro the Doxy. .nothing. He reffered me to a urologist who put me thru another round of Doxy then Bactrim. I went for STD testing, all negative Chlamydia gonorhea syphilis Trich. HIV and herpes. My prostate has been checked  also had an ulta sound  of my prostate. Had an MRI of my penis...all negative. Lastly tomorrow i will have a Cystoscopy ...scope inserted into the urethra to check from bladder to the head of my penis.    
    This has been going on for 20 months now and I don't know what to do. Doc asked my if I looked on line and if I had any ideas????  He seems to be stumped....I had one dr tell me I was imagining it....wtf???
      This is making me nutz... any help would be appreciated.
Guys, I faced the exact same problem with the exact same symptoms all of u faced for months and months and tried everything but finally solved it thanks God.. after unprotected sex I caught gonorrhea and chlymidia.. first of all I would recommend before trying anything to take flagyl 500 twice daily just in case u got trichomoniasis.. if that doesnt work out it means directly go to ur dr. and check ur prostate (the finger test) u will feel pain when he touches it (sometimes its asymptomatic.. no pain).. after months of trying all antibiotics I went to one famous expensive dr. who told me I have prostatitis he said that the reason was that I came a little late to treat my symptoms the first time which gave the bacteria time to slip into the prostate.. when that happens the recommended treatment wont work (ceftriaxon 250mg plus azithro 1g or doxy 100mg twice daily for 10 days) as not all antibiotic will penetrate the prostate as it is like a sponge and hard to penetrate.. there is only one class of antibiotics that penetrate the prostate and it is a 4 weeks treatment otherwise not effective.. he gave me levofloxacin 500mg once daily for 4 weeks and now all is ok.. hope this helps u all.. prostatis sometimes is asymptomatic and will show negative results in the tests bcz it incubates the bacteria inside it.. u may wanna go for a semen culture.. just try it guys trust me on this one (levofloxacin 500mg once daily for 4 weeks) oh and make sure u dont have or get balanitis bcz STDs and excessive antibiotics use may cause balanitis.. keep the spirit up.. good luck.. and next time u have sex with a girl even using a condom just remember oral also gives u a chance to get those STDs again.. so pick ur sex partners very carefully.. better safe than sorry..
ive also had these symptoms for 14 months. last september i found out i had chlamydia but it was almost a months after getting it.  is it possible i am still having these problems because the infection settled in my prostate?  i have been retested for all STDs a few times since everything negative.  now my urethral meatus looks and feels like it is inside out at my pee hole. it hurts when it rubs my pant, but every doctor, dermatologist, urologist ive seen seems to think i am fine.
Avatar n tn
So you tested for chlamydia several times that came negative and then tested after months and it was positive? were you sexually active during that time?
I've had all this symptoms except the discharge for the past 7 years!!! Seen different doctors I even enter on a study at a university of medicine, I've all the tests you can' think of including the cystoscopy, my urolgist diagnosed chronic prostitits. But I've been taking all sort of antibiotics and alpha blockers and nothig seem to work !! It comes and goes I'm done with this!!! I want it to go away.
I have had a irratation at that tip and inside the first inch of my penis plus tingling in my feet and somtimes in my hands. Plus flu like symptoms on and off for 5 years now. I'm clear for all std's but this all started right after I had sex with this random girl I met on "plenty of fish" (Dating website), and I did her in the *** so I thought I caught somthing that way but apparently I'm all clear.  It's wierd but I know it came from her and my doctor literally told me the next step is just to ignore it
I've been dealing with this 5 years and only time is making me feel better.. .
Somebodys got to be able to do more... I have irritation and penis discharge also.. All negative for every STI then I got my gf to get checked and shes even negative.. I had the discharge a couple of months ago when I first went for my Sti tests and they treated me for chlamydia while waiting on the tests which all came back negative.. The discharge went away for a while but has now come back.. Im currently on anti bio tics for a uti but the discharge is not laying off and Im nearly finished then.. Its quite depressing.. At this point after me and my girlfriend both got tested I was actually hoping for a positive result so I could get the right treatment but nothing.. And my doctor wont even take any tests he keeps sending me to the gum clinic to get tests or give me antibiotics blindly.. Why is there so many people with this and no treatment or at least not the right kind.. Someone needs to do something about this.. Just ignored the is not a good enough diagnosis
Exactly it seems like this is a fairly common thing, everyone with preaty much the same story with slight variances wich is to be expected because everyone is different.   I'm baffled that nobody has a clue as to what this is or how o get rid of it.
What we could have is muscle damage in the penis from over masturbating and sexual activity, I've had this for two months now, all negative on all STDs. No discharge or bumps on my penis. This is very common to both unprotected sex and other sexual interactions. This is a hypthesis, basically i've stopped masturbating and playing with it and it has gotten alot better. Though if I think about it the pain seems to come back. Perhaps it is a mental condition? Hmm it is interesting yet annoying...
so my main issue is it only really hurts (if that, the pain is quite dull now) if I press down on it.
Have anybody on this form found relief to the pain or swollen lymph nodes?
Ya I don't think mine is caused from to much masterbating (masturbating) or sex but I guess crazier things have happened. I spanked it everyday since I was 13 approximately and I'm now 32,  It's only since the morning after I slept with this random girl I met online that my penis had what started off to be a slight irratation. Now so much time has passed with that irratation that things have gotten alot worse. The pain has gone down my thighs and into my feet, somtimes my legs hurt  its almost like a burning sensation also I need to move them around or they drive me nuts. Also just generally feeling  unwell like somthing is coursing through me.  

It's been about 5 years since I slept with that girl and  now I have a wife and kids, the wife is all clear of anything and everything cause you get a ton of tests when your pregnant. You would think I would have passed whatever I have on to her wich makes me think how can I have some kind of a mystery std so this all makes no sense.

It seems to get better for a short time when I did go see the doctor about it and have him tell me that I'm preaty much fine. It's wierd but maybe mentally I felt like I was getting help so I didn't let my self worry to much cause I was in a place we're they are supposed to be able to help you?  The doctor only gave me about 3 days of cipro last year to kill any infections there might however It didn't help at all but I wonder if I might have waited to long to see somone about this. I was very nieve about it when somthing didn't feel right and never went to see anyone until last year cause my symptoms got alot worse. Anyway I guess we will see what happens in the future, I just hope this pain goes away it's been far far to long.
Perhaps it is a mental thing then? Perhaps it is a bodily reaction to an unknown organism we do not exactly understand XD Either way if that is the case for me as well I can live with it. When I do not think too much about it, it doesn't seem to effect me. But it is still minorly irritated. I love this post area, makes us all feel somewhat better that we are not alone in our struggles!
Avatar n tn
I too have the pain and lymph nodes. I even did a FNAC on 3 of my nodes with no answer. Next is excisional biopsy
did u ever sort out the problem and what helped?
constant pain in penis, been chcked for std's all keep coming back negative, had camera done nothing wrong.... been given 5 or 6 types of antibioics helps a bit but then comes back. had loads of blood test done nothing wrong. this has been going on for about 6 or 7 months now.... taken loads of different pain killers nothing seems to work. i dont get pain when urinating.....no discharge either ?
Could be yeast in body from taking so many antibiotics.  Yeast infection is a Candidiasis infection, and can end up in digestive system even around lips and in mouth and throat, urinary system, sinuses, bladder, scalp, face, groin, genitals and just about anywhere on skin. It can cause burning after urination, and inflamation (inflammation) of area where urine passes if it's in bladder or urinary tract. It can cause a very unsightly rash around mouth, diarrhea, abdominal pain, itchy irritated groin, pimples on scalp, all sorts of annoying and/or painful things.  It can cause itching on skin everywhere it grows, even on the lips and eyelids.  I don't know if it can infect prostate, but wouldn't surprise me.  When a person takes antibiotics, it kills off the normal bacteria that keep yeast from over growing in and on the body.   A yeast infection is an over growth of the yeast that's normally found in everyone and on everyone's skin. It can be difficult to treat, depending on how entrenched and chronic the infection is. If wide spread on skin or internal, drugs like oral Diflucan can be used to treat it.  Treatment can last for a month or more.  And it can happen when immune system is compromised or when a person takes antibiotics. I have read that it's advised to take probiotics and live culture yogurt during treatment to replace "good" bacteria. I would add drinking lots of water to flush it out, too. It took years to get this diagnosis for myself.  It was even thought to be an autoimmune disease.  
Average Joe .... Did your wife ever have these symptoms, was it contagious to her?
Idk if this might help but Ive read most of the comments on this post and I honestly have gone thru the same symptoms. My doctor referred me to a urologist where he did and ultrasound of my bladder and it turns out it's inflammation called prostatitis so he prescribed me a heavy amount of doxy which is antibiotics and a follow up in one month  to see how it went. He is sure it's that and told me the symptoms fall in that category.
Yes sir I went today as well and was diagnosed with prostatitis but instead of the finger I got an ultrasound instead where the doc saw the inflammation. I'm starting my treatment today hopefully it goes away if not maybe I'm late as well and he will probably prescribe me the medication you took(:
Has anyone been checked for mycoplasma or ureaplasma? I haven't seen these referenced in the thread
Very interested to get an answer to this question as well...
please post your own question and it will be answered
What were your symptoms exactly if you dont mind me asking ? As I had unprotected oral about 4 weeks ago and paid £450 to get a early stage and accuracy test in a private drs and it came back negative for everything - I was fine after for a week and now for the last 6 days Ive got pain in my lower abdomen and a dull ache in my penis with no discharge. Its really concerning me as I cant get to a dr as Im working away with work and its really getting to me that I might have something after I paid all that money. Please somebody help !
Hi there.  Since this is an older thread, we are going to close it.  People are able to read the answers but then can post their own thread with their own situation.  Best of luck to all
This discussion was closed by MedHelp moderators.