STDs Community
Neosporin for sporadic vaginal sores

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Neosporin for sporadic vaginal sores

I get these vaginal sores that left on their own take about 5-7 days to heal but yeast medicine/cream heals them up a little quicker if I catch it right away, feel it itching that is.  It's actually just one sore not multiple sores, a small red, open sore.  Friction seems to cause it to rouse it and I find if I do not wash up after a bowel movement as well as and taking a shower later it occurs too.  It definitely happens after a bowel movement, even with cleaning up with soap and water as I always do now for preventive measures, when I exercise.  It seems to be imperative that I stay as clean as possible so it's not unusual for me to wash up twice a day as if I don't I'm more likely to get a sore.  

Previously the doctor told me I didn't have any STD's but I still get the reoccurring sore though not always in the same place but always on the right side if my memory serves me right.  I used to use vaginal cream/yeast medicine maybe once a month, sometimes more to control it but now I just put Neosporin on the area when I feel the itching start up and I don't get sores at all any more.  If I apply it before I go to bed I don't have any symptoms in the morning and it's the same if I put it on during the day, it heals up very fast so no sore appears.  Can you please tell me what you think may be my problem?
I think you need to get these sores type- cultured or PCR swabbed for herpes.  You can also ask your doctor for a type specific IgG herpes blood test.

Aj
Oh and get wound cultures done too - want to make sure it isn't staph.
Thank you, Aj I guess I will get it checked out.