OW! raw, itchy patch next to clitoris. Herpes???
Ow. I have a small patch of raw, slightly itchy, slightly painful skin on the side of my clitoris and also on the labia. Doesn't look like a blister or a cut-- more like small, barely visible red abraded patches (less than 1 mm each) Some (maybe/maybe not) relevant background: 1) my ex husband had genital herpes. I have never shown any symptoms of herpes, but I know that it is possible to carry the herpes virus and be completely asymptomatic. Could this be a sudden outbreak of previously asymptomatic herpes? 2) I recently divorced and became sexually involved with a new man, and this sore patch on my clitoris/labia started around the same time. When I first noticed the sore spot, the area was lightly covered with slightly whitish stuff-- I thought it was smegma (sp?) but when i gently rubbed it away, the skin beneath looked abraded & raw. But I also noticed some overal slight dryness/itchiness/yeasty feeling all over my genitals, so I used an over the counter yeast infection cream and after a few days everything improved. But this small area of slightly abraded skin is still there, maybe two weeks later. ---Anyway: should I be concerned about this? Does it seem possible that it is a slow-healing abrasion leftover from a yeast infection? Or a sudden manifestation of previously unsuspected herpes? Or some other STD caught from my new partner? Or just some minor and random skin irritation that I should stop worrying about? thanks for any thoughts.
I would have it looked at by a Doctor or go to Planned Parenthood and also ask for the Herpes select test, type specific, to be sure. Hope this helps, EB