STDs Community
Odds of Chlamydia infection spreading to anus....

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hi.
3 weeks ago I got Chlamydia (from a girl) in my penis, and after taking the nessaccary medication (2 weeks ago), it has cleared up now. But 5 days after I had take the treatment medication for it, I started having chronic itching around my anus, and hasnt stopped since. It stings every so often, is worse after I go to the toilet, im farting alot, and it just feels "loose"...also seems to be a bit "runny" down there at times, but I cant tell is it's discharge or just poo seeping out from the farts. Nice....
Im just wondering if theres anyway that the Chlamydia couldve infected my anus from my initial penis case. Ive never particapited in any anal sexual activity, so the only way it couldve got there is through maybe my anus somehow coming into contact with my discharge or something from the week before...maybe my boxers had the the infection on it and it touched my anus...I dunno!!!

It might not be anything linked to Chlamydia, but all I know is I feel like I have the symptoms, and seeing as I've NEVER had something like this before, and I NEVER get ill/infections/virus etc, it just seems a bit coincidental.

Anyways main question is, whats the odds if me catching Chlamydia in the anus, from my inital infection in my penis???

As far as i know the treatment for chlamydia would cure it whether it was in your penis or anus. Sometimes antibiotics cause loose stools so it could be that what is causing you some problems.
Um thanks for the detailed description about your bowel habits ;)

You should follow up on this with your doctor if it continues. You could have another illness going on ( the typical gi type bug that folks pass around the office all the time ), you could have upset your "good" flora in your bowels by being on antibiotics though usually it's just a 1 time dose for chlamydia so usually that's not a huge issue and/or you could have a bacterial or fungal infection around your anal area that the looser stools is just further irritating.  Meanwhile since it's the weekend - increase your fiber in your diet to absorb excess water in your stools so they are firmer. Drink plenty of fluids so you don't get dehydrated ( I know -sounds like I"m giving totally opposite info but really doing both will help ).  Try soaking in the tubby for comfort - you can throw in some baking soda to soften the water or even 2 cups of vinegar to help soothe irritated skin. then anytime you can go bottomless to get cool, drying air to your butt - the better.   When you have to get dressed to go out of the house - try sprinkling some corn starch ( the kind you cook with ) or even some unscented body powder around your irritated anal area to help soothe it and reduce the friction from your clothes rubbing over it.  You could also use a barrier cream too like desitin, zinc oxide, a&d, bag balm etc.

grace