STDs Community
Oral Sex After Treatment

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Oral Sex After Treatment

Hi Doc,

I was diagnose with gonorrhea infection and with on-going treatment for 5 days now. The doctor provided me a medicine which were 3 days injection (completed), antibiotic tablets  good for 5 up to 7 days (esomeprazole, ofloxacine, doxycycline. My wife doesn't no about my issue and I will be back in my home country this coming 24th Jan 13. I feel better now doc but there more clarifications and questions that i know to know the answer.

Q#1. Is it OK to have Sex, Kissing and Oral Sex with my wife which is 8 months pregnant?
Q#2. Is the medicine that I took is enough for the whole 7 days? Do I have to take another medicines just to clear all the bacterial infection.
Q#3. Do I have to tell my wife that I was infected with gonorrhea? sounds like all the dishes blown to my face. lol.hehe

Appreciate highly for your immediate answers Doctor. Thanks a lot!
we recommend waiting a full week after treatment to resume sex. as long as it's been that long, you can resume relations with your wife.

did you also get type specific herpes igg blood testing done to know your herpes status?

since you were evidently having unprotected sex with other partners, hpv is also a concern too.

grace
Hi doc grace,

A full week after treatment would that be safe to my wife even she's pregnant doc? it will not affect the baby after the delivery or even before? I was told by the doctor to get back after 3 months to check my blood results.
I am not a doctor. this is the patient to patient forum.

only takes a week to clear up the infections you had.
Thanks grace.
did you check your status for chlamidya ?? if you had gonorrea you should be secure you dont have VIH too, just for your family's safety