STDs Community
Oral Sex Risk

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Oral Sex Risk

I recently (5 days ago) had unprotected oral sex with a guy. He finished in my mouth & I swallowed it (I know that is detailed but figured it'd help). Since then I have swollen limp nodes, and a sore throat. The day after I was nauseous and fatigued. Now my throat is just a little sore and my limp nodes are still swollen (however probably more so because I keep messing with them).

My question is, how early is too early to be tested for STDs? I started getting symptoms the next day. Is this too early to have HIV symptoms? I want to get tested now, but I think it takes a while to show up in test.
You don't get symptoms in one day.  Gono and clymidia 5 to 7 days.

Hiv and herpes 3 months.

Syphillis (syphilis) 6 weeks.