STDs Community
Oral gonorrhea - treatment

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Oral gonorrhea - treatment

Dear all,

after having had a mild sore throat for 2 weeks, I finally was diagnosed with gonorrhea in the throat (3 weeks ago I was that stupid to performed unprotected oral on a CSW).

Exactly two days ago I received a shot of antibiotics. Don't remember the name, but it was an injection into my butt.

Does anybody know how long it should take to clear up the symptoms? I read something about 2 days, but I still have this mild sore throat.

Thanks a lot!!

Its still really early, and the meds can take up to a week to work.

If you still have the sore throat in a week, check back with your doctor.

AJ
What is a CSW?  Hope you feel better!  Sorry about your troubles.  
CSW = commercial sex worker (prostitute).

AJ
Thanks you two for your help and wishes. I will try to remain patient. Hope it get's better. It's not really bad, just a mild sore throat, no pain, not the whole day. But it's driving me nuts because I am afraid that I caught anything else besides gonorrhea.
You won't get HIV from oral sex, if that's what you are worried about.

Aj
9 days have passed since my treatment for gonorrhea and possible chlamydia and my sore throat is almost gone.

But what concerns me now is that last Sunday (6 days ago) my groins started to hurt from time to time. Not really bad, but as sensitive as I am after my diagnosed gonorrhea infection it bothers me.

After having read about swollen lymph nodes, I often poked around and finally found (or provoked?) a slight swelling on both my groins. It's not really round, but rather like a little flat and firm worm.

I received a blowjob and performed cunnilingus. I imagine that groin pain is rather not related to the cunnilingus. And actually I already got treated with antibiotics.

Is there any other STD which could cause the pain (and possible swelling) in my groins based on my oral exposures? I don't have any visible sores or other symptoms. Just the pain in my groins. Is it likely that the antibiotics did cure the gonorrhea and possible chlamydia?

Any input is very much appreciated!!
Nope, gonorrhea would be the only one.

Since you are still symptomatic, you should follow up with your doctor.

Aj