STDs Expert Forum
Oral sex concerns
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Oral sex concerns

Hello doctor, thank you for your time. I am a 28 yr old straight male. Last month I got involved with a woman who is married for 7 years. I've known her this entire time and never knew her to stray, but her husband has. Her and I got briefly involved for several weeks in physical contact . Mostly unprotected oral sex, only me receiving and me fingering her, i am quite sure at times with cuts on fingers and hands. haven't seen her in nearly 4 weeks and have had zero issues physicslly since. I am concerned about my risks,if any, or if testing is needed. I have read much info about oral sex and vaginal fingering with open wounds on fingers and hands with respect to hiv risk and other stds so I probably know what you'll tell me. But I suppose hearing your exceptional expertise directed specifically towards me will provide solidified reassurance. I suppose i may have an ocd/anxiety type issue with irrational worrying.Thank you so much.
239123_tn?1267651214
Welcome back to the forum.

Based on this and the questions you asked in three separate threads last summer, it seems you have unnecessarily heightened anxieties about various STDs and your risks for them.  You really shouldn't be needing to ask about any exposures other than unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse.  Oral sex, even unprotected, is zero risk for some STDs and low risk for all; and fingering or hand-genital contact are entirely safe -- maybe with very rare exceptions.  Your question suggest you know this -- and I'm confident you have in fact predicted my response.  In addition to the low risk nature of the sexual practices mentioned, you describe a partner who seems to be at low risk.  Anyway, it really shouldn't be necessary to see reassurance after individual low risk exposures.

Those comments already allude to my judgment about the specific situation described above:  you are at low risk for any STD and I do not recommend testing on account of the exposures described.

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
300980_tn?1194933000
Edward W Hook, MDBlank
University of Alabama at Birmingham
MedHelp Health Answers