STDs Community
Oral sex from prostitute
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Oral sex from prostitute

Last month I went to Bali and did something stupid, which is now weighing on my mind.

Basically, I got drunk and ended up getting an unprotected blowjob from a street worker. I am uncircumcised and ejaculated. I have heard that they have extremely high rates of HIV in Bali, and presumably other STDs, so I am worried that i may have an exposure from this act, particularly in case she may have had some blood in her mouth etc.

I didn't have any symptoms in the first 10 days, apart from slightly aching testicles. After the first 10 days i got a bit of a cold.

Teak on the HIV forum has confirmed that this did not pose a risk for HIV. I was wondering what other STDs I may have been exposed to. I'm lead to understand that most STDs received from blowjobs can be appropriately dealt with by antibiotics treatment, so I am obviously more worried about the HIV risk and Teak's answer has given me some assurance.

What is the window period for testing for the STDs i may have caught? And is it something that is common to catch from one instance of oral sex?

Thanks in advance,

John
Tags: oral sex, STDs
580755_tn?1357673215
Oral sex is a low risk activity.
Here are testing times:
Gonorrhea-1 week (but if you have no discharge I would not worry about this)
Herpes-3 months
Syphilis-6 weeks
Blank
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources