STDs Community
Oral sex thru underwear

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Oral sex thru underwear

Hello MedHelp team
Last week, I met up with another gay man and I licked/sucked the guy's ____ through his underwear for about 10 seconds.
Now I am scared to death that I might catch something. Can i possibly get an STD?/HIV from this act?
Also, would you recommend that I get and HIV/STD test?

Kamakura
why if you are so scared of std's, are you meeting strangers and having naked contact with them?  this is the 2nd question you've asked just this week about contact with someone you've met online.

we recommend protected sexual contact because it works. when the clothing comes off, a condom should go on. it'll significantly reduce your risk of a std.

performing brief oral through underwear isn't a risk for anything.

you don't need any std testing from the contact you've had so far.

better educate yourself on std's :) www.ashastd.org has terrific info on all std's and how to prevent them for more reading.

have you had your gardasil shots too?

grace
Thank you for responding to my question. I will admit that I am ill-informed about STDs and their transmission - hence the numerous questions this week. I do appreciate the link to the ASHA website.
Also, I have not had a gardasil shot but will investigate where to get one. Do you recommend one to everyone?
Again thanks for calming my irrational fears.
Yes, everyone should have it
gardasil is a series of 3 shots. it helps to prevent infection with 4 of the most common types of genital hpv infections - 2 that are associated with most external genital warts and 2 that are the most common causes of genital cancers and oral cancers. It's well worth getting whether you are male or female.