STDs Community
PID PELVIC INFLAMMATION DISEASE

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

PID PELVIC INFLAMMATION DISEASE

MY DAUGHTER IS 14 AND IS IN THE HOSPITAL AS WE SPEAK.  SHE IS SEXUALLY ACTIVE SHE HAS ONLY BEEN WITH ONE BOY HER BOYFRIEND OF 1YR AND 6 MONTHS.  SHE HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH PID A CATSCAN OF HER ABDOMEN WAS DONE AND AN ULTRASOUND.   THE CATSCAN SHOWED THAT HER APENDIX WAS FINE AND THE ULTRASOUND CONFIRMED THE PID I WAS TOLD BY THE DOCTOR.  ALSO TESTING WAS DONE FOR CHLAMIDA AND GONERRA AND IT CAME BACK NEGATIVE.  AND SHE DOES HAVE HERPES UNFORTUNATELY HER BOYFRIEND HAD ONE PREVIOUS SEX PARTNER AND SHE GAVE HIM HERPES AND WELL HE DID NOT KNOW HE HAD IT WHEN HE HAD SEX WITH MY DAUGHTER HE HAS BEEN TESTED FOR OTHER STD'S AS WELL AND NEGATIVE.
WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS HOW EXACTLY DO YOU GET PID IF IT ISN'T FROM AN STD.  I JUST NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS DISEASE.  PLEASE EXPLAIN IN DETAIL HOW IT IS CONTRACTED IF NOT FROM CHLAMIDA OR GONREA?
hi,, i'm sorry,

did you see proof that his STD test came out negativea?  Your daughter was tested and STDs test came out negative.

From what I read PID is associated with STDs/chlamydia and gonnorhea (Gonorrhea).  An IUD can give PIDs too from what I read.  

Could it be your daughter and or boyfriend had an STD and were treated but before they caught it in time your daughter's turned to PID?