This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

PID

Hi my girlfriend got diagnosed with PID and had the 2 weeks treatment, and was negative for and STI, i was also negative for an STI and had a stat dose of 4 antibiotics but we had sex 5 days after i took the antibiotics, i was just worried that we had sex too soon? could there be a chance that we could be reinfected by me?

and what also would have caused the PID?
If both have negative STD tests then PID would have been caused by a non-sexual means. Which is possible.

Nothing to reinfect if you don't have a STD.
  • PID now? (1 replies):
    How possible is it that having chlamydia a few years ago...[more]
  • chlamydia and PID (1 replies):
    I cought chlamydia 6 months ago,and after 5 weeks i have...[more]
  • pid (1 replies):
    i have pid because they put the iud the same day i had a...[more]
  • Untreated for 3 months (6 replies):
    I had chlamydia and was left untreated for about 3 month...[more]
  • PID (6 replies):
    I found out that I have PID... My ex boyfriend cheated o...[more]

thank you very much, was just a bit worried we had sex to soon, they did say the antibiotics were just precautionary, could i still pass the infection back to her if i had had it and she is all clear of it through her treatment?
PID is not an infection, it is a condition that results from a couple of different things. So you had nothing based on testing to pass back to her.
ah thank you, what is the couple of things that causing the condition?
You would have to google it. I only know the STD's but know that there are others.
ok thank you for your help was just concerned but thank you