STDs Community
Pain in left testicle for over a year. PLEASE HELP!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hey all. I'm a 19 year old male, and I have a problem.
Last year, I had unprotected sex with a girl. A week or so later, my left testicle suddenly descended to an uncomfortable level and began to hang slightly to the side, much lower than usual considering that it had always been higher than the right one, but was now lower than it. Soon after, both testicles began to ache, and cause discomfort. I also experienced rare, but painful spasms in my prostate area. I went to my doctor and he diagnosed me with Epididymitis and a cyst as well. He gave me antibiotics (Cipro for a week) and sent me home. Symptoms didn't improve so I was sent to a urologist who told me to "Not worry about it". He also told me that I had HPV, and I had to get a few warts removed. Eventually I was sent to a real doctor who checked my prostate and diagnosed me with Prostatitis. He gave me 6 weeks of Cipro. After no change, he's sent me for an ultrasound, numerous visits to the doctor, urinalysises, and even a cystoscopy. (Where they shove a camera down your knob) and all tests came up negative. Out of all of it, the only thing he found was that my prostate was inflamed.
My scrotum is red most of the time, and sometimes even becomes waxy and white near the top left of my testicle. Most, if not all the pain is in my left testicle, wich is still uncomfortably low. I sometimes have burning urination, and clear, sticky discharge. No erectile disfunction, or trouble getting it on though. I'm currently on another 4 weeks of Cipro, but I feel like my prostate may have grown resistant to the drug. When inflamed, my testicle droops very low, and causes aches and burning in my testicles, pelvis, and left leg. When not inflamed, my scrotal skin feels slightly thicker, but my testicle sits at the same height as my right one and has no pain at all. I'm getting a little worried that maybe this is something that can't be treated, and I'd really appreciate any feedback as to what this may or may not be.
Thanks all.
Also, I've noticed lumps at the bottom, or back of my testicles that practically seem to disappear when my testicles aren't inflamed.
you've been following up properly on this which is the best thing you can do.  continue to follow up regularly with the urologist .

your current scrotal redness sounds like a fungal infection from all the antibiotics you are on. easy to treat with an otc jock itch cream or powder.

did you test properly for std's at the proper times after your unprotected sex? when to test for what is listed in our read before posting post on the forum.

also this might sound silly but do you wear skinny jeans?  they can put pressure on nerves and cause issues too.

grace
No, I never followed up with any tests because I never showed any symptoms. And I never wore skinny jeans. I used to wear boxers though, but I had to stop since my testicles began to hurt if they didn't have any support.  
follow up on your testing at the proper times so you can cover your bases properly.