STDs Expert Forum
Pain in tip of penis

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Pain in tip of penis

I had protected sex about 12 days ago and about 4 days ago I started getting on again, off again dull pains in the tip of my penis. It's mostly gone away. I have had no discharge, no back pain. Sometimes i feel like My joints have a little pain for a split few seconds but then goes away. Maybe it's in my head. I tend to be paranoid about alot of things, and stress is kind of a problem for me. It doesn't hurt when I urniate but I feel like i have to go more although theres not alot when I do go. I have no other known symptoms (no fever, headache, anything).

I know it was protected but isn't there stil a risk of something.

Could a UTI go away this quick?

Dull, on/off penile/urethral pain is not a common STD symptom.  The main symptom of sexually acquired urethritis is abnormal penile discharge.  And as you suggest, a properly used condom (in place before any genital/anal contact or insertion) is 100% protective any such infection.  The symptoms also do not suggest nonsexually acquired urinary tract infections, which in any case are rare in healthy younger men--and usually cause more marked pain on urination and urgent urination.  Finally, as you suggest, a UTI would not be likely to clear up so soon on its own.

I have said many times that when a person suspects his/her own symptoms have an emotional or psychological origin ("Maybe it's all in my head"), s/he probably is almost always right.

If the symptoms continue to fade away and do not recur, I don't think you need examination and can just forget the whole thing.  But of course if they persist or recur, see a health care provder to be safe.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
   You know i kind of have the same feeling. I plan to to take a test because the girl i was with gave me oral sex without condom. She said she is clean and if i am clean she said she will do it. So it happen like 10 days ago. To be honest i am thinking about it tooo much but i do feel a little funny feeling on tip of my penis, the penis hole. No discharge or irratation, or any symptoms related to stds....I do not have any pain when i pee but sometimes i have this feeling of peeing more, it seems like i remember this event before so is this a common or what? Thank you.
interesting...did you pee this much before? Or have u drank more fluids then normal? if not, im not an expert but u might be a worry ward..lol
I also had scares & currently I get that to when I think about it. I think I try to push pee out without it actually going threw but its like I want to pee.

I dont know what that is but I do it too. I worry a lot about these things & I probably over do it, in my head.
It does not hurt when I urinate it just a pain at the pit of my penis. When I do urinate though it tends to smell strong but not everytime. The pain does come and go, sometmes its so bad that when my penis touchs my pants it hurts.pls help