STDs Expert Forum
Pain inside penis

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Pain inside penis

I am a 40yr old male.  I am having an issue where I have a pain/burning(?) about 1cm below the tip of my penis inside.

I have no pain with urination, no discharge, no pain with ejaculation, no fever, vomiting, no physical sign of anything on my penis, nothing.  Just this stupid pain and I dont know what it is.

Started about 3 days ago and it seems that when I urinate, it kind of feels better. I searched the net but nothing really fits that I can think of or find.

Full physical about 8 months ago and all my levels were fine. Can guys get UTI's? Could this even be a UTI?  I dont want to goto the doctor yet if possible as both me and my wife were recently laid off and money is better spent elsewhere at this time.

The only thing I can think of is about a week ago, me and my wife were sharing a bath and she was playing around.  She held the head of my penis and was ( this is embaressing ) making it talk by opening and closing the uretha.  Could water or soap irriatated it? HPV? HIV? Gonohrea? Clamydia (chlamydia)?...The more I search the net, the more afraid im getting.

I started taking some cranberry pills today and lined up a whole bunch of water to drink.  I have some amoxycillian pills from a tootache awhile ago, should I take them?
Welcome to our Forum.  It would be unusual for an STD to cause the sort of pain you describe without also causing discomfort on urination or having a discharge present.  One possibility that comes to mind is that you might have a stone inside your urethra but those usually are flushed out pretty quickly.  

You also do not describe anything that is suggestive of an STD in terms of exposure.  

As far as the "talking penis" questions, if you had irritation due to soap or something similar, I would expect it to have started soon after introduction of the irritant and to get better in  a day or two.  So, to summarize, this really dies not sound or suggest and STD.  Not sure what it is however.  No harm from drinking lots of water and it might help.  

I would not recommend the antibiotics at this time.  They just tend to "muddy" the water.  

Hope these comments are helpful.  EWH
Thank you for your response Dr.Hook.  I will just see if it flushes out on it's own and go from there :)

I do have a question though, are kidney stones genetic?  My father gets them all the time and when he has one, you sure know it.  I usually take him to the Dr. doubled over.  I never gave a stone a thought, but then again I am getting older and drink a lot of iced tea.

Oh, and last thing I didnt add in the first post.  I would tink, that is it is an infection of some sort, I would have a discharge or cloudy urine?
Good questions:

There can be a genetic tendency to have kidny stones.  

If this were an infection you urine would probably be cloudy although there are exceptions.  EWH
Dr Hook,

Thank you.