STDs Expert Forum
Painless Bumps on Penis - STD? Very Worried!!
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Painless Bumps on Penis - STD? Very Worried!!

Dear Doctor,

I am worried that I might have an STD I'm hoping you can help me.

I am from the US but have been living in Japan for many years now. My fiance and I have been together for two years now.  She is Japanese, but grew up in Brazil.  When we first met and first started having sex, it was always protected.  Even for oral sex, I wore a condom.  After being together for about six months, we talked about our sexual history.  She said that she had been with a lot of guys before, and has had unprotected sex before.  She told me that she was free of STDs and had been tested a year ago, which was before I met her.  I told her that I had never been tested, but never had any sympotms of an STD and compared to her had very few sexual encounters (only six in my life and no promiscuous behavior).  After this, we started having unprotected sex.  I wasn't even thinking about STDs and she is the only person I have had sex with in the past two years.

About three weeks ago, I noticed a small bump on the shaft of my penis. It was flesh colored (maybe a bit red), didn't hurt at all and was hard to the touch. It looked like a small pimple. Since it didn't hurt, I didn't think much of it and thought it would go away. After a few days, it didn't. It was still there, but again I had no pain, no discharge or anything. But it wouldn't go away.  After about two weeks, I was getting kind of worried. I thought that maybe it was a cyst or bad pimple or something, so I tried to pop it. It was very hard to open and when it finally did nothing came out. It just bled and felt like I cut myself. After the "cut" healed, the bump was still there. Again, no pain, no other symptoms. The bump never changed and it has been there for three weeks now. I started to freak out, so I inspected my genital area further. I found a few more bumps in the pubic hair area that are similar, and another one on the underside of my shaft. I have no idea how long they have been there because they were hard to see. None of them hurt but they all look similar. They are not clusterd and are in different spots.

Does this sounds like an STD? I asked my fiance if she has had sex with anyone else, and she said no and I believe her. We have abstained from sex until we find out what they are, and I will go to the doctor but we live in a rural area which makes it difficult. We have to travel very far to get an STD test. A few days ago I feel like I had a burning/tingling sensation in my penis, but I can't see anything besides the bumps and there are no other symptoms, so I don't know if this is just my imagination or something else. Do I have reason to be worried?

My fiance and I have had no problems until this. Could one of us have an STD in a dormant state, and it just showed up now? I know that herpes can cause no sympotms, so I am nervous that I have it. Does it sound like an STD common in tropical climates like Brazil, where my fiance is from? I am really worried.

Thank you for your time!
Tags: penis, Fiance, STDs