STDs Community
Panick

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Panick

First of all - thanks to thise who help all the people out on this forum.

I am in a great long term relationship and have a young family all . I live in the UK. 5 weeks ago, I did something that has really put all of that in danger and I am struggling to stay sane! I met a girl when working away. To cut a long story short, we gave each other unprotected oral sex and I masturbated her.

To make things worse, I tend to chew the skin on my fingers and I had a cut on one of them!

Even worse than this, I have had unprotected sex with my partner since on one occasion. I have abstained since then, but am now struggling to come up with excuses. I am deeply depressed and worried.

I visited a GUM clinic 3.5 weeks after the incidents and tests were performed for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis B. They all came back negative, but look to have been taken to early. I also had a urine sample taken for gonorhea and chlamydia but have not yet got the results. I was advised that I didn't need to be tested for gonorhea of the throat or NSU.

I am concerned that I could have either of these and pass them on to my partner. I have developed an uncomfortable feeling in my right testicle in the past week and it is a little painful to touch. Over the past couple of days, I have had a painful neck. It feels as though my head is heavy and I can't hold it up!

Is there anyway anyone could re-assure me!

Many many thanks.
Oral sex is low risk and you don't have any STD symptoms. Overall I would not worry. Guilt and anxiety does not mean you have a STD.
Thanks Vance. Would you recomend that I wait another 7 weeks to undergo another blood test and also insist on test for NSU and gonorhea of the throat?
No to both
Thanks again. I got the result back from my gonorhea and chlamydia testa nd they were thankfully negative. I do have a sore throat and slightly stiff neck though, I worry that this is gonorhea. I am going to get a swab because I believe that I could pass this on to my partner. Am I being overlt cautious?

Thanks again.
Especially given the following statement from Dr HHH:
"Clarification:  The information above is an accurate reflection of common knowledge and the informaiton currently in the research literature.  However, I checked with Dr. Hook.  It turns out he is aware of new research, not yet published, suggesting that gonorrhea of the throat may be contracted more frequently by cunnilingus than previously believed."
So you did checking in the expert forum, did you read that oral STD's are rare/uncommon?
Sorry. I did see that. I can't help worrying. The likelihood of winning the lottery is about 14,000,000 to 1 but I still do it. Uncommon or rare are reassuring, but only to an extent. I will not bother you further.

Thanks agaion for the advice.
Sorry again.....
Without wishing to become a serial poster, I am feeling neck pain (more like tired muscles) to the sides and a little lower than my Adams Apple. Could this be a sign of anything?
no