STDs Community
Pelvic pain, vaginal discharge, fever

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Pelvic pain, vaginal discharge, fever

I need some help with the following question for a class:

A patient has been complaining of pelvic pressure, low back pain, vaginal discharge, headache and a low-grade fever. The patient tells the doctor that she is in a monogamous relationship and an STD is not likely, even though the symptoms point in that direction. What might be the doctor's diagnosis and how should the condition be treated?

It seems to me that the symptoms are also pointing towards an ectopic pregnancy, is there an STD that I'm just overlooking?

I greatly appreciate any help that you can give me with this.
chlamydia sound like it the only thing i don't see is painful to use the bathroom... if you look it up that is the main symptoms of this std. well you have to get tested and then you will have to take a large dose of antibiotics but it is cureable so no worries but if left utreated you can get pelvic inflamatory disease and even worse unable to conceive children....
She most likely has PID, which may or may not be caused by Chlamydia or other STI.