STDs Expert Forum
Penis Tip Red and burns

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Penis Tip Red and burns

Hi Doctor,
Great site. In a nutshell, I am a 29 yr male. I received a lap dance 2 months ago that included the dancer giving me a hand job, 5 second kissing, and some grinding with her naked and me with just a shirt and/or underwear over my privates. I also touched ger genital area for a few seconds.
Is there a question?  If you're asking whether you are at risk for any STD, including HIV, the answer is no.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
Sorry, lost the post, here it is:

Hi Doctor,
Great site. I am a 29 yr male. I received a lap dance 2 months ago that included the dancer giving me a hand job, 5 second kissing, and some grinding with her naked and me with just a shirt and/or underwear over my privates. I also touched her genital area for a few seconds, afterward I touched myself when urinating before washing my hands.
A few days later I noticed some burning when urinating, followed by the tip of the penis being red and the skin sensitive and rough. It also feels like there is a soar on the inside of the pnis right beneath the head. It reamins so today, 2 months later.
I have seen my primary doctor, county health doctor, Urologist, Infectiouse disease speacialist and a dermatologist. I have also been given Cipro,Zithromax,Metronidazole and an injection in the rear for Syphilis just in case. All the doctors have told me that that exposure is unlikly to pass std's, but the pains are still there. The Dermatologist did find some genital warts on me and froze them. She also thinks it is Exzuma since I have it on other places (beneath the scrotum) and that I have Asthma.
My question, would Exzuma cause pain inside the penis? Or does other std's sound like this. I thought Herpes but the Dermatologist said no, also I have heard that it would not last this long continously. All advice is appreciated.
Best Regards,
Jay  
Apologies for the first response; I don't see comments (including expansions on the original question) before responding.

But in any case, I can't help you.  There is no way I can comment on a problem that hasn't become clear after examinations by several doctors, especially when they include all those specialists.  Clearly you don't have an STD.  Whether exzema (eczema) can cause in the penis is beyond me.

The only thing I can add is to think about having a blood test for HSV-2 (specifically, the HerpeSelect test) to make sure you don't have genital herpes.  However, I would think one or more of the docs you saw would have tested you already.  But if that's what you have, you didn't acquire it from your lap dance episode.

Good luck--   HHH, MD
With apology, I first missed your comment about the dermatologist and herpes.  Nobody can say you don't have herpes, or that it doesn't explain your symptoms, merely by your symptoms and an examination.  Only the blood test will do that.  But I repeat that if you have herpes, you didn't get it from the lap dance.

HHH, MD
Hello Doctor,
Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it. I admit that guilt does play a big role in my psyche as I am to be married in the near future. It is reassuring that whatever this ailment is, it is not a result of my moment of weakness. Thank you again for your help.
Best Regards,
Jay
hi doc,                                                                              i have noticed a burning sensation at the tip of my penis and some pain in the testicals it comes and goes but is not severe i was wondering if you would know what it could possibly be thanks.
A related discussion, what could it be? was started.
A related discussion, why is my penis burning was started.