STDs Expert Forum
Penis Tip Tingling Sensation

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Penis Tip Tingling Sensation

Hi Doctor, Thanks for your time. i appreciate it! Im 20 yr old male and i engaged in unprotected sex (my virginity) 4 months ago. Nothing ever since. Shes a friend, who said she was tested clean & wont lie to me. Then, about 3 months later after i lost my virginity i had pain in my groin area and a tingling sensation at the tip of my penis that stays & doesn't go away. I went into depression & gone to immediate care. The doc said no ulcers, blisters, redness or discharge on your penis so he ruled out std's and herpes. Theres a red coin rash size on the very bottom of my scrotum which has been there months before evrything and said that has nothing to do with it and has probably been there longer than you thought. It doesn't bother me at all just itchy smtimes. He said the pain and tingling started this late (3 mnths) then it cant be stds(hsv2). and symptoms do not last this long only a few days to a few weeks. I was still scared so i saw a Urologist. He visually examined my genitals as well. said it looked healthy & no stds. He prescribed me with Cipro500 mg and that got rid of the pain after a few days. Tingling not so lucky. (Not in my head) My pee sample was clean no bacteria but i feel like not all comes out. After a month in the tingling is still there. a few (rare) times i urinated it stung during and after for a bit & lately my eyes are constantly tired and i wanna sleep all day which worries me too. I wanna know why it wont stop and can i relax about Herpes and other STD's. Please give me any news straight. I just want a healthy family when i get older.
Welcome to our Forum.   I agree with the doctor that you spoke with first.  There is really little reason to worry that the symptoms that you are experiencing are due to STDs of any sort including HSV.  You have been examined and he found nothing to worry about.  

It sounds to me that the urologist you saw may have treated you "just to be sure" and the treatment that he provided should not make you think that you might have an STD of some sort.  

It occurs to me that having recently become sexually active you may be a bit anxious about your risk for STDs.  Sometimes after an exposure that, in retrospect, one wishes they had not had, persons tend to examine themselves and be far more attuned to genital sensations than in periods when they are not concerned.  This in turn leads to noticing what turn out to be normal sensations that might have been not noticed or ignored at other times.  Perhaps this was a contributor to your situation and the tingling you continue to experience.   EWH  
Thank You doctor. I am extremely happy that you agree with the doctors i saw. Again then the urologist just recently diagnosed me and said i have prostatitis. is there anyway you can rephrase that second paragraph of what you said about the Urologist because i am having a hard time understand what you mean, especially with the quotes. Yes, i have been paying more attention to my genitals and groin area lately but the tingling occurred while the groin pain began. Do you have any idea what could of caused the tingling at the tip of my penis. It goes away for a few minutes after i urinate and what else it might be besides a psychological aspect?
Your tingling could be due to prostatitis and if that is what you have, cipro is the correct therapy.  Prostatitis is not an STD  Your tingling however could stillg be for the reasons I suggested.  EWH
I completely understand what you mean and i have a few more questions to ask you if you do not mind. Im still new on this and i dont want to annoy you and take up much of your time. So i will apologize if i have done so.

1. How long do herpes symptoms usually last and would it of occured earlier if it was. instead of 2 and a half to 3 months later? The only symptoms i have is sleepyness and tingling on the tip. (since the pain subsided a month ago)

1. Typically a first episode of HSV occurs in people within 2 weeks of exposure and can last up to 3 weeks in total duration.  It woul dbe most stypical for a HSV episode to appear after 21/2 to 3 months.

Your symptoms really do not suggest HSV.  EWH
I have had this lump on my left upper labia for about 3 months now. I have had it tested for herpes and they said that if I didn't hear anything in a week I was fine. I still haven't heard anything. There is not a head on it or anything. It is just a hard lump that won't go away. I try not to mess with it but it bugs me just knowing it is there. I am tired of stressing over this and I wish it would just go away. Any suggestions.