STDs Expert Forum
Penis soreness/pain and redness glans(glands) colour change and opaque ...

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Penis soreness/pain and redness glans(glands) colour change and opaque like blister

When I pull my foreskin fully back the shaft below the glans (glands) is inflamed and red-this worsens/improves/worsens over time. I noticed that my glanis changes colour, not uniformly usually, to a bright red or almost purple from the edge upwards for about 2/3rds.  Sometimes lately my glanis becomes very inflamed-ultra tender and weeps blood if washed or rubbed.  A few weeks ago I noticed a tiny opaque spot to the left and near the edge. Now that has gone but following intercourse on a few days ago I have what appears to be an opaque blister that is bleeding around its edge.  I got checked out after the intermitant tenderness, senisitivity and glans (glands) colour changing--the tests were all negative on all std's --various hyrdocorison creams calm it -so they put it down to my scorisis (very infrequent flare ups) now with these newer symptoms I am worried.  I have also been diagnosed with some unpronouceable dermetitis around the entry to my anus which i must keep clean with e-45 wash ---I am so confused by it all.  can you help--My personal hygene has always been good to the extent that for the last 10 years I use clean wipes after toileting.  can you help.
If you have psoriasis (scorsis misspelled??), that sounds like a good bet; psoriasis often involves the penis, and in moist areas (like under the foreskin) often causes "soft" lesions, not the crusty/flaky ones that occur on dry skin.  In any case, It doesn't sound like herpes or any other STD.  Continue to follow through with the health care provider you have been seeing; or ask him/her to refer you to a dermatologist for a 2nd opinion.  Or consider posting your question to Dr. Rockoff on the MedHelp dermatology forum.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
I have some sore / blisters on my penis.  I was prescribed lotrimin i think (anti-fungal cream) i have used it about twice a day for a little over a week now.  I don't really see any changes in its status.  is this normal?  I think it might just be jock itch.
Jock itch doesn't normally involve the penis.  "Sores" or "blisters" on the penis often are herpes.

HHH, MD
The doctor said it was jock itch and i've never engaged in sexual intercourse.  Anyways how long do you think it should take to start clearing up?
there more pimples than blisters and sores.  They don't itch or hurt.  I can't pop them there like rocks when I put pressure on them.  They are just there and I can't get them to go away.  They don't bother me really at all.  I don't know how I got them (thinking baseball cup), I'm really not sure how to get them to go away except use lotrimin or whatever, which i have been for the past week and there hasn't really been any improvement that i could notice.  think you know what it is? or do you need some more information.
If you have never had sex, you can't have an STD; and that is my only expertise.  I am not a dermatologist.  Sorry, I can't help further.  Don't use lotrimin without a doctor's approval.

HHH, MD
A related discussion, worried>>> was started.