Periodic tip of penis pain after ejaculation, burning
Hi, I have a very irritating problem. For the past 8 years, since I was a teenager, I've periodically had intense pain after ejaculation. This only happens once every 2 weeks or so, and I've had it from sex and masterbation.

This pain will happen anywhere from 5 min to 30 min after I ejaculate, and the pain will stop temporarily when I urinate, sometimes when I urinate it even feels good. This also causes me to feel like I constantly have to urinate. This pain always disappears after an hour or two, and never happens unless I ejaculate. I don't understand this at all because it only happens once in a while, and  there is no common factor to relate it happening to sex and masterbation (as far as material objections like latex etc). It seems like there might be some slight swelling during this period of 1-2 hours also.

The only thing I can think of is sometimes when I exercise for long period of time my groin has a distinct smell from it (bad). This isn't always the case though, I can run 3 miles one day, and stink like this, and the next day I can run 3 miles and smell perfect. I have no marks/bumps/warts etc in my genital area.

I've searched the internet for many hours on this and I can't find an answer, thanks for your time.
oops
Hi, I am sorry to report that I too have recently developed this problem.  First, I am not a doctor, but I do know a bit about medicine and...With a little humor, what I do know after reading, researching, and a reasonable amount of trial, error, and discussion, is this: The condition is likely, not 100% surely, caused by damage to a nerve or nerves in the head of the penis.  This can be caused by one of two things to my knowledge: A)A sexual "accident" in which the penis is not completely erect and is inserted, etc., causing the head to become bent or squished, ouch, causing a temporary pain that after forgetting, you begin to notice the pain returning some time later, either during sex/MB or during the period of most extreme nerve stimulation, during ejaculation. Grasping the penis too hard during MB could also cause this. B)A slight miscalculation by your doctor when you were circumsised, resulting in nerve damage that you would not necessarily detect until your penis became fully developed or developed enough.  No, this does not mean you can now sue your doctor because he, whether they remember it or not, most likely asked your parents before performing this delicate and easily mess-up-able procedure.  Circumcisions can lead to all sorts of defects of the penis, but it is something that promotes a healthy organ and should be considered in light of religious beliefs as well as far as your children may be concerned. Circumcisions require cutting precisely near the penis head on a baby's penis usually and some people are left with more tissue than others, resulting in some men having a much more developed sensation in their penises during sex. A mm off and you could have damage. To continue, there is little anyone can do for you that would not make the problem worse as far as I understand it. Messing with a highly complex, highly sensitive, microscopically developed organ with macroscopic tools and human hands is not something I would have anyone do to me.  As in back surgery, I assume it might be possible to clip the nerve, but I would have to say that you would then most likely develop abnormal feeling there or none at all. My advice would be to see a nurological specialist of some type, or simply live with the problem.  If it has only just begun, try laying off of sexual activities for a few weeks to allow any possibly damaged areas to heal, if they will. Be aware though, that this condition can be caused by more serious illnesses, especially if it is concerning the testicles, but if your doctor has ruled them out, then it is a possibility that nerve damage is the cause.  P.S. The only way I could imagine that even a doctor could test your penis for nerve damage would be to map all its nerves, which I don't think is possible yet.  An EMG(Nerve test) on your ****? This is just what I believe to be the cause and don't assume I am right because I admit I cannot prove it per se, I just wanted to provide my observations. I have had an "accident" recently which I am almost certain began my current symptoms.  Like an idiot though, I kept on doing it and did not stop to think about what may have happened to my little friend. All I can say to everyone who may be realizing this too, and myself, is: "Would you keep playing football with a sprained ancle?" As for my opinion's other option, perhaps "Dad, why'd you let em do it?"
Good luck to everyone, and as this forum says, check with your own doctor before attempting anything posted on this forum.  It is opinion only and I nor the forum are responsible for your taking actions posted here. I am not a doctor but another sufferer. :)
problem is, it has limited my life, in terms of ive had huge anxiety problems with it, right now ive had a close to burning sensation since i ejaculated for like 1 hour, the pain started 15mins after  i ejaculated which is unusual cuz normally it happens sooner after. Im really pissed off about my problem, with a good lifestyle i managed to forget the anxiety bugging erlyer, but after having sex etc it always was in my hed but i was good. I had no burning for months, then it seems this time of the year again brings it back. Im seriously wondering if this isnt just a shychological issue and not nerve damage etc  but i really dont know. One thing is for sure somebody shud be doing research into this issue as there seems to be many people like me out there. Probably not as bad as me but still with similar issues, lets face it i stumbled over this on google but i bet there r hundreds even thousands of guys out there with similar issues who werent as lucky as us and still to this day have no idea what the hell it is.

james f
wow, im i glad i found this post.  i was so worried for the longest time.  i thought i was the only guy on the planet with this problem.  i was totally freakin. but u guys are right on.  the pain shortly after ejaculation, the constant urge to urinate.  going back to sum previous posts, i think a big part of this problem is all in our head.  i know shortly after sex/mb, if i begin to feel the pain coming on, i'll try to take my mind off of it.  watching tv, or playing a video game (im only 18...lol), usually helps.  i have also noticed i get the pain more often after masturbation then i do with sex.  maybe we are just a little to rough with ourselves guys.  idk.  hopefully with all this discussion, more people will open up about their same problems and we can finally get these rogue penises under control.  good luck everyone!
I too have a similar problem to this.  I found this alternative article that lends some credence to some of the things mentioned above. http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0603.html   (columbia university's health website)

for those not wanting to go to the website here is the content--

Alice,
About 6 months ago, I experienced pain when urinating after having intercourse. Typically I have pain/burning the first time I urinate after sex, but then the pain tends to go away or diminish. I am a 38-year-old male. I have no pain otherwise.

— Burning

Dear Burning,
Continual or frequent pain with urination usually signifies a urinary tract infection (UTI) or a sexually transmitted infection (STI).

However, infrequent discomfort in urination following intercourse may be due to a number of different things. You may be experiencing an allergic reaction to a specific spermicide that is present on a condom or to a lubricant that you may be using. You can try condoms with different spermicides or different lubricants to see if this may be the case.

Pain with urination after sex can be common if you have a full bladder during sex. Try emptying your bladder right before you have sex, and see if that works for you in alleviating pain. Another possible cause is a condition called "lover's nuts," which occurs if you stay in high arousal for a long period of time prior to ejaculating — everything can be painful afterwards, including urination.

To be on the safe side, you need to see a health provider to discuss your symptoms and be checked for common STIs and UTIs, in addition to making these minor changes in your sexual patterns.

Alice  
-----

As you can read both the full bladder (drinking lots of soda/beer etc) and the length of time between ejaculation (blue balls, lovers nuts, whatever you want to call it) are mentioned here-- both, which in my case at least, seem to be big time risk factors for the pain.  I think many of us probably suffer from slightly different variants of similar problems, thus the differences many of us are seeing in the symptoms.   Anyways, just wanted to add the info I had found as it seems to be along the same lines of what many of us have experienced.
I can say now from my experience that it is not related to alcohol, fatty foods or anything like that. I have been on the Rave diet for over 3 weeks now and that means i have been drinking only water and eating fruit, fish, vegetables, nuts, seeds and thats pretty much it.

From my experience i think it has something to do with masterbation itself. I find that i nearly always get this pain if i "hold it in" for longer than i should. Usually i never get this pain but today after cumming a bit later than i should have i find myself with this burning pain again. And it sounds exactly the same as what you are all experiencing. I am certain its not an STD, and fairly sure that its not a yeast infection. It just seems to me that every few months i dont do it right. And here is the side effect.

I also agree that its partly staying in high arousal for a long period of time prior to ejaculating — everything can be painful afterwards, including urination.

I think its got a lot of relevance to the "valve" that controls the flow of semen and urine.

Well thats my 2 cents. It seemed really embarrasing to talk about, but seeing as we are all in the same boat i dont feel so negative about it. And what the hey, its only about an hour of discomfort every few months.
hey guys, im 16 almost 17, ive been woried that this may be an STD and am SOOOOO relived to hear that its not.  i by far belive that drinking alot of water after the pain begins help alot. ive only been able to test this theory once but it has helped both times.  ive also noticed that alcohol, although i shouldnt be drinking it haha, can be a factor, it is not a defining factor but adds to the dehydration theory because alcohol dehydrates you. this would be why the one guy who doesnt drinks still has this problem, but alot of people are mentioning that after drinking this happens.  also i agree with a previous post, that if you dont *** when you feel you should that it initiates this.  soaking it in warm water has also helped me with this problem.  this has really helped me and am not excited about dealing with the rest of my life but at least i now can live easy knowing its not an STD an also that i have many different methods of trying to stop the pain.

thanks guys
I'm only 15 but have had this problem 5-6 times starting about a year ago. Never thought to check the internet for advice, because it happens so infrequently i thought nothing of it.

To begin with, i found it only happened if you urinate too soon after masterbation, so i did not allow myself to wee for half an hour or so afterwards.

However, when a couple of months ago it happened straight after MB. That time i had been holding off the orgasm for much longer than i should have, so i think that may be linked.

The pain was real bad that time and caused me to actually fear masterbating for what might happen afterwards, even though it is very infrequent.

Also, I find that i almost 'expect' it to happen these days, making me need to wee after ejaculation, as thinking about it always makes it worse lol.

Anyway, if the pain occurs again i will try the painkillers or hot bath, but most importantly i will not let it scare me.

Its good to know its not just something i suffer from, not so good to know that it may continue for the rest of my life :(

thanks for the help guys.
missed a bit...

also, drinking lots of water when pain occurs can help. Although it does not stop the pain, it can mean that something actaully comes out when you pee, mabye clearing the passage? Most importanlty it stops the pain sooner.

ok done now :)
I too have experienced the same problem.  It happens to me whether it's intercourse or masturbation (with or without lotion or lube)... I think we all share similar symptoms... infrequent occurances, 5 mins - 1 hr of pain, 'itching' right below the head, (by the way - I'm circumcised - I wonder if non-circumcised men have this problem?) urination often relieves the pain temporarily, but it's not an effective treatment option, I also have urges to squeeze the tip of the penis to suppress the pain, and most-often try to distract my mind so I don't think about it.  If I attempt to hold-off on ejaculating during orgasm it seems to happen more frequently, and if I have a particularly powerful ejaculation then it seems to irritate it more.    Anyone else?

Obviously something is being irritated, but I wonder what?  If you examine a diagram of the male urinary tract, you can see that it's obviously not a 'valve' problem.  I wonder if the urethra is being 'stretched' because a lot of fluid is passing through it?  That would explain Advil helping with inflammation in some cases... but perhaps that is a placebo affect.  It normally takes Advil 20 - 30 minutes to work on me, and well, most times the pain will only last that long too.

My guess would be the blood flow to the head of the penis.  Obviously the head of the penis gets gorged with blood right before ejaculation, causing the head to swell a little more (pay attention next time, it really does happen).  My guess is that's a real estate issue and the blood is irritating circulatory passages and nerve endings (that would also explain why the head hurts more than the shaft)  I would believe the reason that urinating relieves the pain because it's warm liquid flowing over the affective region, and we all know how heating pads, etc. help other parts of the body (this also explains why hot baths help too).  I think we can all agree that the most sensitive area of the penis is the underside of the head, so obviously that's where pain would manifest itself.  I doubt we will ever be able to solve this problem, or otherwise prevent it from happening.  There are a few things you can do, such as urinating or not 'holding back' on your ejaculation... but I'm afraid that's as good as it'll get.
Hey guys,
Wow, I've had the exact problem for 7 years now.  I've been to the Doctors, and still nothing.

I have some observations about this problem:
I pee A LOT, maybe like twice a night, and if I drink a single beer sometimes I'll pee 9 times in an hour.  For the most part I've narrowed it down to urination.

This is ruining my life! I'm a very sexual person, and I have sex with multiple women, and every time I'm embarrassed as hell to leave, or for me wishing they would leave cause I'm not in a good mood when this is happing.
I want to enjoy my after sex, maybe with a cigarette, or a good conversation.   But this is really effecting my life.

Where are the DOCTORS on this problem?????????? Pleaseeeeee..........
A related discussion, Hope this helps was started.
A related discussion, occasional burning after ejaculation was started.
A related discussion, possible solution was started.
A related discussion, Post ejaculation pain was started.
A related discussion, Belly button pain too? was started.
A related discussion, Penis Pain (Burning) was started.
A related discussion, I feel your pain was started.
A related discussion, im 21 and suddenly i have pain was started.
A related discussion, Testicular pain and burning after ejaculation was started.
A related discussion, Squashed testicle was started.
A related discussion, i think i know what many of you have! was started.
A related discussion, Burns when you pee after sex or mb, continued. was started.
A related discussion, pain after ejaculation was started.
A related discussion, Male Hot Tip was started.
A related discussion, male hot tip was started.
A related discussion, Answe: Periodic tip of penis pain after ejaculation, burning was started.
A related discussion, After eyaculation Pain SOLUTIONS! was started.
A related discussion, wtf was started.
A related discussion, I will try was started.
A related discussion, Prep-h was started.
Glad to find this. Have had many of the same issues. Only I have some others also. I had a very bad car accident 9yrs ago, where my entire track was crushed. For 2 mnths I had a super pubic catheder. Goes thru the stomach into the bladder. Had it cause I couldent pee. One night still in the hospital, ipissed all over myself, even with a cathader. Drs were confused, but happy to see it work. Me to. For to yrs to follow I had very frequent urinations. Every ten min like clock work. And pain, and low flow most times. It has gotten better over the yrs since. Still pee frequently, about evry hr or couple hrs. I do find it better to stay hydrated. But I deffinatly think the cause is an internal flow, or direction, slash timing of flow issue. Which may be dirrectly related to prostate size. But I have another twist. When this/what you are all expeirencing, I also expeirence. Only several hrs after, or the next day in my bowel movement, or in passing gas, I will also excrete seminal fluids out the rear. Not comfy. I refer to it as ssb or severe seminal backup. And am trying to figure out if my theory holds water. Theory being, this ssb, or whatever, seems to be much more common in the last 10 to 20 yrs. Who's wearin what?  Whitey titetys. Or boxers. I realy do wonder if this makes ne difference. Looking for common denominators
I was worried I was alone. Same prob for me. For years I was also worried it was an std. I must say I am on the side of the dehydration theroy. The only cure for me has been the hot shower or bath.
Btw im a 35 year old. Had this problem since 19. Two years after I was active. That's where the std worries came from. But I always tested clean.
STAND UP RIGHT AWAY, PEE, AND REMAIN STANDING UP FOR 30 MINUTES. Problem solved.
A related discussion, burrning after ejaculation was started.
I've also had it since I was a teen.  After I eliminated GLUTEN from my diet last year realized that is what it was. At least for me. If I eat gluten containing food, orgasm the next day, I'm almost guaranteed to get the burning for about 20min and that intense need to pee.
I've been going through the same thing for years. I don't think it's diet related...it seems too random, I can't really identify a particular action that makes it more likely to happen. For me it happens much more often after masturbation...I've only had it happen once or twice after sex.  I usually take a shower right after masturbation or sex, and I was sure that I was getting soap into the tip of the penis.
A related discussion, The solution i use for shaft and tip of penis stinging and pain was started.
A related discussion, why is there not a doctor responding to these question i mean what do they want money for 5 minuites of their time? was started.
6 years later, I write to tell you all that I am experiencing this right now. I haven't had any sexual experience yet so I make do with masturbation, but it usually happens to me when I don't pee PROPERLY before urinating.
My simple logic is that when you shake it it gets warm inside. Thus the pee that comes out passes through the warm part and ***** you in a non-pleasure sort of way. No real solution... What I'm doing at the moment is sitting in a bathroom on the seat, writing all this and peeing very little every 1 minute or so. Been 20 mins and I can feel it's about to end.
I mean before masturbating!
In think it caused by a slightly thinner urethra then most, which develops small tears when orgasm is reach and large amounts of seman are pumped through. I drink a ton of water then wait until my bladder wants to burst, then I pee very clear liquid and "flush" out the wounds. I believe you have to dilute your urine so its not very acidic, wich will irritate the tears. That's my guess hope it helps. I also sometimes fill up on water before hand, so I'm prep'd to pee to fix the problem afterwards
Hey im so glad ive seen this, i had this problem a couple of years ago and it just came back and have had it 3 days in a row but i have realised that i have drunk beer beforehand each day which may be linked with the dehydration theorys. I gennerally pee alot, then try cause a bowel movement followed by a cold shower and finally a cigarette to help take my mind of it and usually helps. Cheers
I have this problem but it'd a bit different its when I masturbate at night then go to bed and wake up in the am and go pie it dosent hurt till after I pie the helmet I get that burning in the tip and it ***** because I have to **** like 15I times beforeits gone and its just little bits of pie not like fully out going
Let me re put that my phone changes words when I don't want it to the problem is the same what're it hurts when I get up in the am after masterbate at night at go pie and it hurts till I pie about15 times and im wondering if its still the same problem as you others
If you think so let me know and post on this blog
Thanks,Zachary
My boyfriend has this problem, we will have sex and he is always is in a lot of pain afterwards, and finds it painful to pull out. The pain normally dies down after about 30-40 minutes, people say it's probably just muscle ache but has anyone got any other ideas to what it could be?
A related discussion, Maybe this could help was started.
A related discussion, I Get This To! was started.