STDs Expert Forum
Periodic tip of penis pain after ejaculation, burning

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Hi, I have a very irritating problem. For the past 8 years, since I was a teenager, I've periodically had intense pain after ejaculation. This only happens once every 2 weeks or so, and I've had it from sex and masterbation (masturbation).

This pain will happen anywhere from 5 min to 30 min after I ejaculate, and the pain will stop temporarily when I urinate, sometimes when I urinate it even feels good. This also causes me to feel like I constantly have to urinate. This pain always disappears after an hour or two, and never happens unless I ejaculate. I don't understand this at all because it only happens once in a while, and  there is no common factor to relate it happening to sex and masterbation (masturbation) (as far as material objections like latex etc). It seems like there might be some slight swelling during this period of 1-2 hours also.

The only thing I can think of is sometimes when I exercise for long period of time my groin has a distinct smell from it (bad). This isn't always the case though, I can run 3 miles one day, and stink like this, and the next day I can run 3 miles and smell perfect. I have no marks/bumps/warts etc in my genital area.

I've searched the internet for many hours on this and I can't find an answer, thanks for your time.
This clearly isn't an STD, which is my only area of expertise.  I don't have a good explanation.  I suggest you see a health care provider, perhaps a urologist.  Or consider posting your question on the Med Help urology forum.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
I have the exact same problem you described down to every detail except the stinky groin (although I think everyone's groin gets stinky when they sweat a lot.. just take a shower).  I experience the same thing you described, burning in the tip of the penis after ejaculation.. not after every single ejaculation, but sometimes, and having it persist for up to maybe 30 minutes.  It's happened to me since I was a teenager and started masturbating.  It doesn't matter if it's from masterbation (masturbation) or sex -- it can result from either.  And it's not only after I masturbate frequently, since I can abstain from sex or masturbation for days, then do it and get the pain...sometimes the pain is even more intense the longer I wait between ejaculations (if it's over a day or so).

I have never had any STDs and this started before I was sexually active.  I went to my family doctor in 2000 and got tested for prostatitis (I thought I had it chronically back then), but it was negative.  I think it's probably some sort of congenital plumming problem down there.  The only thing I've noticed is that you have to make sure you urinate before ejaculating, or it will make it much worse.  Also, I find that letting my genitals soak in a hot bath really helps take away the pain quickly, but it's still a hassle.

If you find anything else out about it, please let me know, because it is very painful and annoying.

Thanks, and good luck.
Steve
wow, i can't tell you how long i've been looking for info about this exact condition! i too had thought it was prostitis since that's the only condition whose symptoms are remotely similar. but in most cases what we seem to have is much milder. i don't get it after every ejaculation, it seems to come and go. i'm beginning to think it might actually be a type of yeast infection (candida). has anyone looked into this? anyway, i'm relieved to finally find this characterized in other men. i'm seeing a doctor next week so if he has any ideas i will post again.
Wow I have the same thing LOL and never found info on it before this thanks guys I'm glad its not part of some STD lol! Only happens after I masturbate but only about once every 2 months or something like that. It hurts soooo much though and for me it can last up to an hour. I try to take a shower when it happens or go poop to relieve the pain hehe sounds funny but it works.
Wow, i am absolutely amazed. I have experienced the exact same symptoms as describe above. After i have sex, or masturbate, occasionally i will experience EXTREME burning pain within my uretha. The interesting thing is it only happens once in a blue moon, never on a frequent basis. The pain, interestingly, would subside after i urinated a few times, or after about 30 minutes. This pain has happened seen i was a teenager, before i was sexually active and has continued until now.
   GUYS i have found relief.. Once you begin to experience the pain, take an anti inflammatory (ib profen, acetaminophen, etc). I believe our symptoms come from a swelling/irritation from within the penis. The symptoms are dramatically reduced after you take the medicine. However, after reading this i am consulting with my physician. This almost sounds like we have some sort of rare penal disorder. I mean, you shouldn't have to take medicine after you ejaculate.
  GOOD LUCK and remember take IB PROFEN (sp?) when you experience these symptoms, it really worked for me.
Guys,
Glad to hear I'm not alone.   Wait a minute, that didn't come out right.  Speaking of not coming out right, I have the exact same symptoms as each of you have described.  Painful burning after ejaculation (whether it be sex or mb) and the urge to have to urinate every 2-5 minutes afterward - and each time it burns.  This can last for 15 minutes up to an hour.   Eventually it passes.  And, as you all mentioned, it's not every time and it can simply disappear for months only to show up out of nowhere again.   I've had a catscan, a prostate ultrasound, a bladder ultrasound and the dreaded Cystoscopy (make sure they put you under for this deal - camera up the urethra).  The good news is everything came up perfect, I couldn't look healthier.  The bad news everything came up perfect, we can't figure out what the hell is causing the problem.  I've also been on various antibiotics (no luck) as well as bladder spasm medications (still no luck).  The only thing I can come up with is it must be something in the diet.
Something that gets into the semen (my deduction from the symptoms only occuring after ej).  So, what affects what's in your semen?  I have no idea! Too much protein? Too much acidic stuff, too much something?!?!?  I've tried eliminating alcohol (no change), nicotine (no change), caffeine (no change).  My GP and my urologist are baffled.  I'm flat annoyed.  Please keep posting thoughts, findings and ideas (no matter how insane they may seem).  Eventually we may come (no pun intended) to a conclusion/resolution.  There has to be a common denominator!
I am now 28 and have had this same problem as long as I can remember.  I have noticed that it happens more with not having enough fluid during the day, and it being a while since my last ejaculation.  I did ask my doctor about this, and in not medical terms, he told me the problem resides with the valve the controls the urine and the semen.  It sometimes does not close the way it should, or becomes swollen, allowing both to get through at the same time.  I have found that nothing works.  But I have found that you can speed up the process by sitting on the toilet and trying to force a bowel movement.  That has usually worked for me.  It is just hard to explain that to a new sex partner when you get the burning sensation that completely kills the mood.
Does anyone else have advice on how to speed this process up?

I have searched everywhere about this and all the responses from doctors are "we know that it's not an STD, so you're probably making it up and/or we don't know what it is."

Well kinda, it's not that blunt but...

Anyway I've has this problem off and on since I was a teenager, and I know what causes it, for me anyway.

If I drink lots of fluid and am urinating a lot before I masturbate and or have sex then this problem will occur. I think I have a small bladder to begin with. So, I'll urinate once every 20-30min and I'll know not to do anything sexually until the urination subsides.

If I don't take my own advice, about 2min after ejaculation there is a burning sensation from the tip of my penis and down the shaft. I also have a slight burning sensation on the ball of my left foot.

Urination provides temporary relief, but usually the best way to "get rid of it" is to try and ignore it. You can do whatever that entails; I listen to music and go on the computer.

I had a theory as to why this happens and it has been previously stated in this thread. It looks as though the "plumbing" down there either gets confused or forgets to close or something, and the wrong fluids get in the wrong places. This makes sense in my case because if I'm peeing every 20 min, my body is expecing to pee, but then wham! ejaculation, and it's like "uh where does this go again, oh that's right" but then it's too late and the burning commences.

So, for me, this only happens when or in conjunction with urination, so when I drink lots of alcohol and/or water, I'd best stay away from sex. However, sometimes I can drink lots of fluid and this will not happen, but most times it does.
well what can i say... this has been the cause of much worry and discomfert for me.... i experience symptoms nearyl identical to what you all say... i find that i get this feeling only after i have been drinking, and usualy take a very hot bath or shower and that seems to do the trick almost instantly...good sugestion about the anti inflamitory drugs, that might be a possible cause but i think it is more closly related to the valve malfunction mentioned earlier. im wondering how long this will continue to be a problem for me. its a ***** to think this will affect me for the rest of my life... theres got to be somthing one can do to stop this!! do any of you get this without ejaculation?
HI Guys, I experience the same pain, symptoms etc and have done for yearss, even before i became sexually active. I find it mainly occours when my body is even the slightest bit dehydrated. At home we experience very hot summers and i have noticed it seems to occour more during these months or after drinking alchohol indicatong this may be the case. Even one beer can trigger this pain post ejaculation. Keep any suggestions coming, i have been looking for web sites describing this sort of problem for a long time this is the only place i have found it discussed.
I've had this problem my whole adult life. 95% of the time it happens if I ejaculate after consuming alcohol, tobacco or caffeine. If I avoid those things before sex, I'm usually okay. Urinating immediately after sex also helps prevent the pain.
I have exactly the same problem! Just amazing. I am having it now while writing this comment. I am 43, today we had a 7-mile hike with my family, and then I had a couple of beer and an orgasm
Hi guys.

I've been affected by this problem since I started masturbating, and it continued when I became sexually active. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the expression "STD" when first glancing through here, but having read on, I'm greatly relieved to hear that it is not that kind of disorder, and also that I am not alone in suffering from this uncomfortable and annoying ailment. I'm only 18, so any suggestions from all those who have suffered for longer than me would be greatly appreciated. At the moment, I'm forced to sit on the toilet for about half an hour, just to stop myself being forced to go over and over again.

Thanks.

Ive had similar problems in the past and im on the par of thinking that this is actually mainly a sychological thing. For example ive had it bad, and its all down to being in the correct fram of mind. I have probably had it v bad, i worry every time i masturbate simply because i know it could always happen. You need to be in a happy mood, dont drink caffine or eat any fatty foods, simply things that irritate your body. Then have something nice lined up afterwards, i often find lying in bed just puts it into my head more. So i go and watch some tv, or read a book, something that can take your mind of it. Its clearly down to mind control, now if you do have it, then its important to remain positive. Go for a pee, but try and focus on the issue, your penis is overheating. Sounds crazy but just look at your penis, it gets to this weird semi erect state. My focus is on getting it regular again, hold the main part of the penis, not the head and focus on cooling it down. Use cold water if u like, something to cool it down. Dont try and push more fluid out once you have peed because it simply dosent work. But although there have been some interesting ideas in here nobody really seems to know what the hell this is. My opinion is its all in your head, the more you worry and dwell on it the more you suffer. I had one the other night and i now call them anxiety attacks. Because i sweat like mad, i feel horrible and its just an anxisious experience. I often cry after calming down because its an intesnse experience. I have long term anxiety about it 24-7, about having it when im not erect. Its generally messed my life around, so im calling this anxiety and nothing else

james f
Same problem. Horrible discomfort after ejaculating lasting 20-30 minutes. Used to happen less frequently but this week it's happened probably three times, which worries me. Used to think it was because I didn't urinate beforehand but I'm not sure if it's a factor anymore. I'm surprised there are so many others with the same problem.

If anyone gets more information about this, be sure to post it!

Well... I'm feel relieved to find this conversation. I've had the same problem for a few years and am experienceing it right now. All the usual things that were already mentioned help for me too... But, I have narrowed my problem down ot one cause: alcohol! I have NEVER had this problem unless have consumed at least one alcoholic beverage in the previous few hours. If I do, however, I can almost guarantee it's going to happen!

I found this on the web, maybe it'll help to explain a few things.

"Here is what is possibly happening to you - some kinds of alcohol are chock full of sugar, and sugar causes yeast infections (candida) in many people. According to conventional medicine, candida is one of the causes of urinary tract infections (UTIs). You come, and your ejaculate is more sugary than usual. Alcohol can irritate your bladder, and can enlarge your prostate. All these things combined could produce the burning sensation of a UTI when you pee. Medical professionals or those with personal experience reading this who may be able to explain this more accurately are welcome to, but, based on my own experiences with booze, yeast and UTIs, that's my prognosis."

Any thoughts?
I think that its fair to say that sugar may be a good cause of this, ive often had this feeling after consuming large amounts o chocolate and fatty foods. I dont think say a small bottle of alchol can hurt you, but bigger amounts probably will, however i never mix sex with alchol anyhow so i never have that problem.

On the matter of actually solving the pain, or preventing it, peeing before masturbating or having sex seems to have some truth in it, also after you have finished hold hour penis tightly. This will help stop the large amount of blood going to your penis and cause you to go limp and cool down. Combining these things seems to completly prevent the situation although i will keep trying it to see if it is always as good.

james f
*Phew* Finally, I know now that I am merely one of many suffers of this annoying dis-a-whatever it is.  Before I thought it was tied to another common and strange condition I have called "pearly penile papules."  Talking about making me feel like a freak even before I became sexually active.  I know now that both are non std's and are quite common.  I too believe in the hydration theory mentioned above.  After working hard and coming home and cleaning up and what not, if I drank alot of soda the night before...wham, Insta burn! I am going to try to eliminate soda from my diet and stay on water only and I'll re-post if it makes any difference.  Untill then it's warm bathes, bathroom runs and 30 mins of pain for me.  Good luck to us all!!
I have also had this same exact problem for almost 20 years now. I'm happy to have found this forum (God bless Google). Doctors throughout the years have either dismissed it or said it could be a swollen urethra. It seems to be getting more frequent as I near 40 years of age. I experienced something new just last year which really scared me...I had the same exact pain without ejaculating. I was just sitting around and WHAM!! That's happened twice in the past year. I noticed the alcohol connection years ago, and try to stay away from the booze/sex combo as much as possible.

A personal remedy of mine (works much better since I'm married now) is to excuse myself after sex when I feel the pain start, and go to the kitchen, put some ice cubes in a paper towel or handkerchief and place under my shaft (ties into the "cool down" comments). It's silly but it works. I too can confirm the ibuprofen remedy, and the take your mind off it remedy. It does always pass in twenty to thirty minutes. Often, (I don't know if this is the same for any of you as well) I can sense when I'm going to have the pain after ejaculation. Meaning as I begin to engage in sex, I can usually feel a "tickle" kind of sensation that tells me that I'm in for it once I've finished the job. If I don't feel that tickle, I'm usually home free.
Hi, I am sorry to report that I too have recently developed this problem.  First, I am not a doctor, but I do know a bit about medicine and...With a little humor, what I do know after reading, researching, and a reasonable amount of trial, error, and discussion, is this: The condition is likely, not 100% surely, caused by damage to a nerve or nerves in the head of the penis.  This can be caused by one of two things to my knowledge: A)A sexual "accident" in which the penis is not completely erect and is inserted, etc., causing the head to become bent or squished, ouch, causing a temporary pain that after forgetting, you begin to notice the pain returning some time later, either during sex/MB or during the period of most extreme nerve stimulation, during ejaculation. Grasping the penis too hard during MB could also cause this. B)A slight miscalculation by your doctor when you were circumsised, resulting in nerve damage that you would not necessarily detect until your penis became fully developed or developed enough.  No, this does not mean you can now sue your doctor because he, whether they remember it or not, most likely asked your parents before performing this delicate and easily mess-up-able procedure.  Circumcisions can lead to all sorts of defects of the penis, but it is something that promotes a healthy organ and should be considered in light of religious beliefs as well as far as your children may be concerned. Circumcisions require cutting precisely near the penis head on a baby's penis usually and some people are left with more tissue than others, resulting in some men having a much more developed sensation in their penises during sex. A mm off and you could have damage. To continue, there is little anyone can do for you that would not make the problem worse as far as I understand it. Messing with a highly complex, highly sensitive, microscopically developed organ with macroscopic tools and human hands is not something I would have anyone do to me.  As in back surgery, I assume it might be possible to clip the nerve, but I would have to say that you would then most likely develop abnormal feeling there or none at all. My advice would be to see a nurological specialist of some type, or simply live with the problem.  If it has only just begun, try laying off of sexual activities for a few weeks to allow any possibly damaged areas to heal, if they will. Be aware though, that this condition can be caused by more serious illnesses, especially if it is concerning the testicles, but if your doctor has ruled them out, then it is a possibility that nerve damage is the cause.  P.S. The only way I could imagine that even a doctor could test your penis for nerve damage would be to map all its nerves, which I don't think is possible yet.  An EMG(Nerve test) on your ****? This is just what I believe to be the cause and don't assume I am right because I admit I cannot prove it per se, I just wanted to provide my observations. I have had an "accident" recently which I am almost certain began my current symptoms.  Like an idiot though, I kept on doing it and did not stop to think about what may have happened to my little friend. All I can say to everyone who may be realizing this too, and myself, is: "Would you keep playing football with a sprained ancle?" As for my opinion's other option, perhaps "Dad, why'd you let em do it?"
Good luck to everyone, and as this forum says, check with your own doctor before attempting anything posted on this forum.  It is opinion only and I nor the forum are responsible for your taking actions posted here. I am not a doctor but another sufferer. :)
Another thing, I also understand it that many STDs cause burning during urination, but I know of none in which organs develope pain like this during stimulation. STDs usually seem to cause discolorations, infections, burning during urination, or major, system wide or cronic (chronic)/crippling problems.  The point is, nothing as sporatic like this.  The problem is usually progressive with STDs and there or not.  Herpes for example comes and goes, but not in 30 minutes--day(s) or week(s) at least. AIDS may not affect you for 15 years, but when it does it doesn't go away in an hour. Syphilus (~spelling) may go dormant, but when it strikes, you have little red bumpy things all over your body like shingles.  Then I think Ghonoreah (! ~spelling!) causes prolonged burning during urination, but if you go 5 times you burn 5 times no matter how far apart they are I believe.
Oh, also, frequent urination after ejaculation could be caused by a different problem and may not be caused by the same thing that causes the pain.  Some scientists have speculated (I have read) that premature ejaculation, seamen working their way into the urinary tracks early during sex, a combo of the two, an improper timing or control of the muscles holding urine into the bladder, etc., could cause frequent urination after ejackulation and or urine coming out during ejaculation, and or a rare symptom where the urine has back tracked to the prostate or vise versa to the bladder with semen. This can cause an infection and or frequent urination afterward.  I can't remember where I read that.
Glad I'm not alone. I too have had no help from Doctors or the Hospital (I'm in the UK) and they have had to dismiss me without a remedy. Not good. They said one in ten patients are like me and go away without a cure and with this problem. So I'm glad we are discussing it here.

To add a bit more detail: firstly I do not drink alcohol at all. But I do eat lots of sweet things, so the sugar/dehydration theory might be relevant even though I drink lots of water. Hmm. Also the nerve one - I had 'the snip' two years ago and shortly after that was when my pain started. So this might be worth exploring too. I am now 43 and had no problem for years. No STDs or any other problem down there.

Seems to make no difference to me how long between, or how long each 'session' lasts. My wife and I are trying lots of different ways but so far no solution that works every time. Still it is fun trying (except for the ending).

I wondered if the pain was in the dorsal vein (the big one running along the top side) and therefore due to blood flow not happening as it should? If so this pain would need to be near the front of this vein as the pain is towards the tip. Still investigating by pressing on the painful area next time to see. Only had this idea today whilst scanning the net.

Could it be a blood flow thing? I say this because this is a big change that is happening after ejaculation - the blood is trying to escape from that area. Could there be a blockage in a vein. Just a theory. Are there any docs reading this?

Between us hopefully we can find a solution.
haha, its fun to read all of your different takes on this thing. I posted a couple of weeks ago... i think were on to something boys...  between all of our efforts i think weve got it, however, there seems to be no magic "cure" that i know we all are loking for.  For now i think were best off not letting this problem get to us... ice your balls, take a bath, ****, do whatever you got to do, but dont let this limit your life!~!~!~!
oops
problem is, it has limited my life, in terms of ive had huge anxiety problems with it, right now ive had a close to burning sensation since i ejaculated for like 1 hour, the pain started 15mins after  i ejaculated which is unusual cuz normally it happens sooner after. Im really pissed off about my problem, with a good lifestyle i managed to forget the anxiety bugging erlyer, but after having sex etc it always was in my hed but i was good. I had no burning for months, then it seems this time of the year again brings it back. Im seriously wondering if this isnt just a shychological issue and not nerve damage etc  but i really dont know. One thing is for sure somebody shud be doing research into this issue as there seems to be many people like me out there. Probably not as bad as me but still with similar issues, lets face it i stumbled over this on google but i bet there r hundreds even thousands of guys out there with similar issues who werent as lucky as us and still to this day have no idea what the hell it is.

james f
wow, im i glad i found this post.  i was so worried for the longest time.  i thought i was the only guy on the planet with this problem.  i was totally freakin. but u guys are right on.  the pain shortly after ejaculation, the constant urge to urinate.  going back to sum previous posts, i think a big part of this problem is all in our head.  i know shortly after sex/mb, if i begin to feel the pain coming on, i'll try to take my mind off of it.  watching tv, or playing a video game (im only 18...lol), usually helps.  i have also noticed i get the pain more often after masturbation then i do with sex.  maybe we are just a little to rough with ourselves guys.  idk.  hopefully with all this discussion, more people will open up about their same problems and we can finally get these rogue penises under control.  good luck everyone!
I too have a similar problem to this.  I found this alternative article that lends some credence to some of the things mentioned above. http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0603.html   (columbia university's health website)

for those not wanting to go to the website here is the content--

Alice,
About 6 months ago, I experienced pain when urinating after having intercourse. Typically I have pain/burning the first time I urinate after sex, but then the pain tends to go away or diminish. I am a 38-year-old male. I have no pain otherwise.

— Burning

Dear Burning,
Continual or frequent pain with urination usually signifies a urinary tract infection (UTI) or a sexually transmitted infection (STI).

However, infrequent discomfort in urination following intercourse may be due to a number of different things. You may be experiencing an allergic reaction to a specific spermicide that is present on a condom or to a lubricant that you may be using. You can try condoms with different spermicides or different lubricants to see if this may be the case.

Pain with urination after sex can be common if you have a full bladder during sex. Try emptying your bladder right before you have sex, and see if that works for you in alleviating pain. Another possible cause is a condition called "lover's nuts," which occurs if you stay in high arousal for a long period of time prior to ejaculating — everything can be painful afterwards, including urination.

To be on the safe side, you need to see a health provider to discuss your symptoms and be checked for common STIs and UTIs, in addition to making these minor changes in your sexual patterns.

Alice  
-----

As you can read both the full bladder (drinking lots of soda/beer etc) and the length of time between ejaculation (blue balls, lovers nuts, whatever you want to call it) are mentioned here-- both, which in my case at least, seem to be big time risk factors for the pain.  I think many of us probably suffer from slightly different variants of similar problems, thus the differences many of us are seeing in the symptoms.   Anyways, just wanted to add the info I had found as it seems to be along the same lines of what many of us have experienced.
I can say now from my experience that it is not related to alcohol, fatty foods or anything like that. I have been on the Rave diet for over 3 weeks now and that means i have been drinking only water and eating fruit, fish, vegetables, nuts, seeds and thats pretty much it.

From my experience i think it has something to do with masterbation (masturbation) itself. I find that i nearly always get this pain if i "hold it in" for longer than i should. Usually i never get this pain but today after cumming a bit later than i should have i find myself with this burning pain again. And it sounds exactly the same as what you are all experiencing. I am certain its not an STD, and fairly sure that its not a yeast infection. It just seems to me that every few months i dont do it right. And here is the side effect.

I also agree that its partly staying in high arousal for a long period of time prior to ejaculating — everything can be painful afterwards, including urination.

I think its got a lot of relevance to the "valve" that controls the flow of semen and urine.

Well thats my 2 cents. It seemed really embarrasing to talk about, but seeing as we are all in the same boat i dont feel so negative about it. And what the hey, its only about an hour of discomfort every few months.
hey guys, im 16 almost 17, ive been woried that this may be an STD and am SOOOOO relived to hear that its not.  i by far belive that drinking alot of water after the pain begins help alot. ive only been able to test this theory once but it has helped both times.  ive also noticed that alcohol, although i shouldnt be drinking it haha, can be a factor, it is not a defining factor but adds to the dehydration theory because alcohol dehydrates you. this would be why the one guy who doesnt drinks still has this problem, but alot of people are mentioning that after drinking this happens.  also i agree with a previous post, that if you dont *** when you feel you should that it initiates this.  soaking it in warm water has also helped me with this problem.  this has really helped me and am not excited about dealing with the rest of my life but at least i now can live easy knowing its not an STD an also that i have many different methods of trying to stop the pain.

thanks guys
I'm only 15 but have had this problem 5-6 times starting about a year ago. Never thought to check the internet for advice, because it happens so infrequently i thought nothing of it.

To begin with, i found it only happened if you urinate too soon after masterbation (masturbation), so i did not allow myself to wee for half an hour or so afterwards.

However, when a couple of months ago it happened straight after MB. That time i had been holding off the orgasm for much longer than i should have, so i think that may be linked.

The pain was real bad that time and caused me to actually fear masterbating (masturbating) for what might happen afterwards, even though it is very infrequent.

Also, I find that i almost 'expect' it to happen these days, making me need to wee after ejaculation, as thinking about it always makes it worse lol.

Anyway, if the pain occurs again i will try the painkillers or hot bath, but most importantly i will not let it scare me.

Its good to know its not just something i suffer from, not so good to know that it may continue for the rest of my life :(

thanks for the help guys.
missed a bit...

also, drinking lots of water when pain occurs can help. Although it does not stop the pain, it can mean that something actaully comes out when you pee, mabye clearing the passage? Most importanlty it stops the pain sooner.

ok done now :)
I too have experienced the same problem.  It happens to me whether it's intercourse or masturbation (with or without lotion or lube)... I think we all share similar symptoms... infrequent occurances, 5 mins - 1 hr of pain, 'itching' right below the head, (by the way - I'm circumcised - I wonder if non-circumcised men have this problem?) urination often relieves the pain temporarily, but it's not an effective treatment option, I also have urges to squeeze the tip of the penis to suppress the pain, and most-often try to distract my mind so I don't think about it.  If I attempt to hold-off on ejaculating during orgasm it seems to happen more frequently, and if I have a particularly powerful ejaculation then it seems to irritate it more.    Anyone else?

Obviously something is being irritated, but I wonder what?  If you examine a diagram of the male urinary tract, you can see that it's obviously not a 'valve' problem.  I wonder if the urethra is being 'stretched' because a lot of fluid is passing through it?  That would explain Advil helping with inflammation in some cases... but perhaps that is a placebo affect.  It normally takes Advil 20 - 30 minutes to work on me, and well, most times the pain will only last that long too.

My guess would be the blood flow to the head of the penis.  Obviously the head of the penis gets gorged with blood right before ejaculation, causing the head to swell a little more (pay attention next time, it really does happen).  My guess is that's a real estate issue and the blood is irritating circulatory passages and nerve endings (that would also explain why the head hurts more than the shaft)  I would believe the reason that urinating relieves the pain because it's warm liquid flowing over the affective region, and we all know how heating pads, etc. help other parts of the body (this also explains why hot baths help too).  I think we can all agree that the most sensitive area of the penis is the underside of the head, so obviously that's where pain would manifest itself.  I doubt we will ever be able to solve this problem, or otherwise prevent it from happening.  There are a few things you can do, such as urinating or not 'holding back' on your ejaculation... but I'm afraid that's as good as it'll get.
Hey guys,
Wow, I've had the exact problem for 7 years now.  I've been to the Doctors, and still nothing.

I have some observations about this problem:
I pee A LOT, maybe like twice a night, and if I drink a single beer sometimes I'll pee 9 times in an hour.  For the most part I've narrowed it down to urination.

This is ruining my life! I'm a very sexual person, and I have sex with multiple women, and every time I'm embarrassed as hell to leave, or for me wishing they would leave cause I'm not in a good mood when this is happing.
I want to enjoy my after sex, maybe with a cigarette, or a good conversation.   But this is really effecting my life.

Where are the DOCTORS on this problem?????????? Pleaseeeeee..........
A related discussion, Hope this helps was started.
A related discussion, occasional burning after ejaculation was started.
A related discussion, possible solution was started.
A related discussion, Post ejaculation pain was started.
A related discussion, Belly button pain too? was started.
A related discussion, Penis Pain (Burning) was started.
A related discussion, I feel your pain was started.
A related discussion, im 21 and suddenly i have pain was started.
A related discussion, Testicular pain and burning after ejaculation was started.
A related discussion, Squashed testicle was started.
A related discussion, i think i know what many of you have! was started.
A related discussion, Burns when you pee after sex or mb, continued. was started.
A related discussion, pain after ejaculation was started.
A related discussion, Male Hot Tip was started.
A related discussion, male hot tip was started.
A related discussion, After eyaculation Pain SOLUTIONS! was started.
A related discussion, wtf was started.
A related discussion, I will try was started.
A related discussion, Prep-h was started.
Glad to find this. Have had many of the same issues. Only I have some others also. I had a very bad car accident 9yrs ago, where my entire track was crushed. For 2 mnths I had a super pubic catheder. Goes thru the stomach into the bladder. Had it cause I couldent pee. One night still in the hospital, ipissed all over myself, even with a cathader. Drs were confused, but happy to see it work. Me to. For to yrs to follow I had very frequent urinations. Every ten min like clock work. And pain, and low flow most times. It has gotten better over the yrs since. Still pee frequently, about evry hr or couple hrs. I do find it better to stay hydrated. But I deffinatly think the cause is an internal flow, or direction, slash timing of flow issue. Which may be dirrectly related to prostate size. But I have another twist. When this/what you are all expeirencing, I also expeirence. Only several hrs after, or the next day in my bowel movement, or in passing gas, I will also excrete seminal fluids out the rear. Not comfy. I refer to it as ssb or severe seminal backup. And am trying to figure out if my theory holds water. Theory being, this ssb, or whatever, seems to be much more common in the last 10 to 20 yrs. Who's wearin what?  Whitey titetys. Or boxers. I realy do wonder if this makes ne difference. Looking for common denominators
I was worried I was alone. Same prob for me. For years I was also worried it was an std. I must say I am on the side of the dehydration theroy. The only cure for me has been the hot shower or bath.
Btw im a 35 year old. Had this problem since 19. Two years after I was active. That's where the std worries came from. But I always tested clean.
STAND UP RIGHT AWAY, PEE, AND REMAIN STANDING UP FOR 30 MINUTES. Problem solved.
A related discussion, burrning after ejaculation was started.
I've also had it since I was a teen.  After I eliminated GLUTEN from my diet last year realized that is what it was. At least for me. If I eat gluten containing food, orgasm the next day, I'm almost guaranteed to get the burning for about 20min and that intense need to pee.
I've been going through the same thing for years. I don't think it's diet related...it seems too random, I can't really identify a particular action that makes it more likely to happen. For me it happens much more often after masturbation...I've only had it happen once or twice after sex.  I usually take a shower right after masturbation or sex, and I was sure that I was getting soap into the tip of the penis.
6 years later, I write to tell you all that I am experiencing this right now. I haven't had any sexual experience yet so I make do with masturbation, but it usually happens to me when I don't pee PROPERLY before urinating.
My simple logic is that when you shake it it gets warm inside. Thus the pee that comes out passes through the warm part and ***** you in a non-pleasure sort of way. No real solution... What I'm doing at the moment is sitting in a bathroom on the seat, writing all this and peeing very little every 1 minute or so. Been 20 mins and I can feel it's about to end.
I mean before masturbating!
In think it caused by a slightly thinner urethra then most, which develops small tears when orgasm is reach and large amounts of seman are pumped through. I drink a ton of water then wait until my bladder wants to burst, then I pee very clear liquid and "flush" out the wounds. I believe you have to dilute your urine so its not very acidic, wich will irritate the tears. That's my guess hope it helps. I also sometimes fill up on water before hand, so I'm prep'd to pee to fix the problem afterwards
Hey im so glad ive seen this, i had this problem a couple of years ago and it just came back and have had it 3 days in a row but i have realised that i have drunk beer beforehand each day which may be linked with the dehydration theorys. I gennerally pee alot, then try cause a bowel movement followed by a cold shower and finally a cigarette to help take my mind of it and usually helps. Cheers
I have this problem but it'd a bit different its when I masturbate at night then go to bed and wake up in the am and go pie it dosent hurt till after I pie the helmet I get that burning in the tip and it ***** because I have to **** like 15I times beforeits gone and its just little bits of pie not like fully out going
Let me re put that my phone changes words when I don't want it to the problem is the same what're it hurts when I get up in the am after masterbate at night at go pie and it hurts till I pie about15 times and im wondering if its still the same problem as you others
If you think so let me know and post on this blog
Thanks,Zachary
My boyfriend has this problem, we will have sex and he is always is in a lot of pain afterwards, and finds it painful to pull out. The pain normally dies down after about 30-40 minutes, people say it's probably just muscle ache but has anyone got any other ideas to what it could be?
A related discussion, Maybe this could help was started.
A related discussion, I Get This To! was started.