STDs Community
Persistent Penis Pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Persistent Penis Pain

I had unprotected sex several time overnight 5 weeks ago.I noticed slight tenderness of the glans (glands) which I though was result of friction and probably hitting her cervix. 2 days later I started having severe pain during urination. There was no discharge. I saw a family doctor and he prescribed Ceftriaxone injection and single dose of azithromycin 2 days after symptoms started. A urine culture was negative and tests for chlamydia and gonorrhea were negative. Symptoms did not improve much but pain was less as long as drank enough water. However, there was generalized dull pain in the whole groin area. 1 week after taking the medication I noticed a small ulcer on my glans (glands) which was not painful by itself but had slight pain upon touch(I am uncircumcised). There were no other bumps or ulcers anywhere else. I called the doctor about ulcer and pain over weekend and he put me on doxycyclin for 2 weeks. Ulcer healed in 3-4 days. Pain with urination improved but 5 days into treatment with doxycyclin part of my glans (glands) started turning red. The improvement in symptoms also stalled. and 7 days into taking doxycyclin I had another small ulcer on my glans (glands) which healed after 3 days. I stopped taking doxycyclin after 12 days and have been off it for 5 days now. The pain during urination is lot less just slightly uncomfortable but there is urgency and a dull ache around penis all the the time. There is no discharge. I am not sure if my doctor know what to do. He says it is unlikely to be herpes since it was only 1 ulcer and I had another one in 7 days and I did not have any swollen glands or anything. Any answer or help here would be appreciated.