STDs Expert Forum
Pimple like bump in Pubic area

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Pimple like bump in Pubic area
I have a situation and I would like your advice. About a week and a half ago, I noticed a single rather small pimple like bump in my pubic area. (In the middle of the pubic hair area to be precise). It had a white head, was painless and didn't itch. A week ago, I gave it a squeeze to see if it would pop and it wouldn't. Being now on a quest, I took a needle a popped the skin. Out came a waxy like small ball. Thats the best way to describe it. I was also bleeding like crazy for about 5 minutes. The following day, the area was red (from the squeezing I presume) and the area has a small indentation where the little ball had been removed. Also, there was no hair coming from the pimple.
I am curious if this could be Molluscum Contagiosum? If so, is it typical to have only one pimple like bump? Also, what should I be doing at this point? The area now is still a bit red but getting smaller. No other bumps or symptoms.  From reading your posts I also feel it is highly unlikely this to be herpes or any other type STD.  
Thanks.
Most likely a sebaceous cyst, as another forum user responded before me (below).  I cannot say for sure it isn't molluscum contagiosum, but MC generally appears as multiple lesions.  If you have other similar bumps, see a health care provder.  It isn't herpes.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
Sounds like one of those Sebasceous Cysts
A related discussion, Is this herpes? help! was started.