STDs Community
Pimple or STD?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Pimple or STD?

I noticed I got something that looks like a few small pimples on my genital area.  They are on area that is not covered by my panties if that makes sense...It is not in vagina or labia but on the sides.  Noticed it after I waxed and hair started growing back.  At first I thought it was just ingrown hair.  It has been one month now and although all hair has not fully grown back in the waxed areas…the little bumps are still there.  I am worried it may be an STD.  I have been reading about Herpes and HPV.  The bumps don’t look like sores, blisters or warts.  The bumps don’t hurt or itch.  Is it normal for an ingrown hair bump to be there this long?    Is it possible to have some other type of STD that may cause pimple like bumps to appear?