STDs Expert Forum
Pimples on Vagina and Surrounding Areas
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pimples on Vagina and Surrounding Areas

I have read past posts trying to see if this was covered and if it has been I apologize but for the last ten years or so I get pimple like lesions on my vagina and the surrounding areas.  If you pop them then regular puss comes out and then they go away.  Is this anything serious to worry about or can you just get pimples down there.  When I get these, there are no other symptoms, no burning or itching.  Sometimes the area gets sore if the pimple is pretty big.  thank you!
Related Discussions
239123_tn?1267651214
This sounds like garden-variety acne or minor folliculitis, which is pretty common in the genital area, buttocks, etc.  Of course I can't be certain; if you're still concerned, see a health care provider.

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
2 Comments
Blank
I have developed a very small round, hard 'pimple' on the inside of my outer lip in my vagina. It was first noticed yesterday. I have never had this before, and there are no other symptoms. No itching, burning, unnormal discharge, fatigue, loss of appetite, NOTHING. Just a small bump that is ONLY sore IF touched, otherwise its like its not even there. Is this something I should be terribly worried about or is it simply just a pimple? PLEASE COMMENT!
Blank
A related discussion, pimple looking bumps on vagina was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Pimples around the vagina!! was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
300980_tn?1194933000
Edward W Hook, MDBlank
University of Alabama at Birmingham
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank