STDs Expert Forum
Pinched feeling in head of penis, STD or something else?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

I am 43 and went to a Health Spa. The girl put the condom on with her mouth while giving me head ((1) Can you get Chalymedia or gonorhea from mouth to penis.)  We also had sex. This is the first time in 11 years of marriage that I have cheated on my wife. A few days later I started having a slight feeling of discomfort in my penis. After reading about the symtoms (symptoms) I have examamined and pulled on my penis for the last 2 weeks looking for discharge and have had none. Now more inside of the head is sore with a slight pinching sensation which seems to come on more when I am sitting. and of course when I am stressing about my affair, which is pretty constant. There is no pain while urinating or ejaculating.  I had a vasectomy about 3 years ago and since have had more frequent urination problems (which runs in the family.) About 2 months ago I had my first prostate test and exam and the Dr said I was fine and the uritnation problem was just from getting older. I mastrubate at least 4 or 5 times per week and if lucky have sex once per week. I have noticed that my semen is not near as thick and is clearer. The girl even noticed that I had very little semen. (2)Do I really need to be worried about an STD, (3)have I mentally manifested a problem or (3)is this something else to do with the masturbations or other prostate/urethra problem? Thank you so much for your advice.
The risk of getting an STD from a single episode of oral sex, even without a condom, is low; and you probably were substantially protected by the condom, even if she applied it orally.  Your symptoms are pretty subtle and I suspect are more related to anxiety than anything else.  However, it would be reasonable to see a health care provider to be examined and tested for common STDs.  For practical purposes, gonorrhea is the main one to be concerned about.  However, it is very rare to have gonorrhea without an overt discharge from the penis, usually in pretty large amount, and significant pain on urination.  Herpes and syphilis are theoretical but low risk possibilities from oral sex.  Chlamydia has never been shown to be transmitted by oral sex; if it happens, it is rare.

1) See above about gonorrhea and chlamydia.  No STD causes a change in urine frequency, or in the amount, consistency, or color of semen.

2) As I said above, the STD risk is very low.  I don't think you need to be worried and don't recommend testing.  But if in doubt, visit your health care provider or your local health department STD clinic for professional evaluation.

3) Are you asking a question or stating that you have a mental problem?  Your symptoms might be as much emotional as anything else, but I can't make any particular diagnosis on line.  Here too, return to your if you are concerned.

4) All I can say is that it is very unlikely you have any STD.  The doctor who already examined you is in a much better position than I am to assess the possiblity of a urethral or prostate problem.  They seem unlikely to me, but I can't say more.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
Thank you so much for your time and comments!!!
On the subject or urethritis-

Dr. Handsfield,

Just thought I would let you know that my HSV IgG results are in

On a scale of 0.90

HSV-1 IgG Ab - 0.47
HSV-2 IgG Ab - 0.23

I'm guessing this is pretty reliable 13 weeks after possible exposure and herpes wasn't causing my urethritis. Oh well. Just thought I'd share the results

Have a good one
Congratulations.  Of course I'm not surprised, even if you are.  You can rely on the result.

HHH, MD
During an xxx encounter last week, the condom broke upon the first penetration. I immediately withdrew and changed the condom. What are the chances of getting infected with any STD virus ??. Please need some expert advice.