STDs Expert Forum
Please Evaluate My Risk
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Please Evaluate My Risk

About 3 months ago, I performed oral sex on a woman briefly. About 2 weeks afterward, I began experiencing some nausea and diarrhea. Soon after that, I began experiencing mild random leg pains and a sore throat. It went on like for a week or so, then I felt ok. Then I had sneezing, runny nose a month later and now (3 months later) I am having nausea, leg pains, sore throat again, as well as some tiredness or fatigue. I had a blood test for hepatitis 4 weeks after exposure which was negative. How accurate is a test at 4 weeks? How risky was this behavior? Does this sound like hepatitis? What should I do going forward?
Related Discussions
239123_tn?1267651214
Welcome to the forum.  But I am concerned you keep asking about the same exposure, always with the same response (HIV professional forum, HIV community forum, herpes forum, STD community forum, hepatitis C forum):  oral sex on women carries little or no risk for any STD.

No STD causes the sort of symptoms you describe.  The risk for hepatitis is zero or close to it, and your symptoms don't even hint at hepatitis; if your test had been positive it would have been necessary to look for other sources of infection.  Judging by your symptoms, you caught a cold, nothing more.  You should stop testing for hepatitis, HIV, or any other STD.  Just go on with your life.  And I also suggest you stop looking for other MedHelp forums to ask the same questions.  Better to save your money, time and energy.

I hope this helps.  Best wishes--  HHH, MD
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you doctor! Your responses are very helpful.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now