STDs Community
Please help - ureaplasma

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Please help - ureaplasma

Hello! I am 36 old woman and with my husband would like to have a baby, BUT from a 1 year and 4 months we have a problem - ureaplsma. Because of this problem all doctors tell us that first we have to clean the ureaplasma before to TRY to have a baby.

For a 1 year and 4 months we took -
Doxycyclin,
Klacid,
Vibrmicin one month,
Erythrocin 500mg for 14 days,
Azitrox in combination with Ofloxin.

20 -30 days after every antibiotic we are doing test and again and again the resolts are positive - we still have ureaplsma. We are using condoms and even there were a period when even we didn`t have any contacts between us. I am vary depressed already of all this.

I want to ask and you dear Doctors, and you other people with this problem - do you think that we can just forget about ureaplasma and to have a baby? I just can`t take any more other antibiotics.!We are merried from 3 years and to have baby is our dream already!

Please, tell me can we have healthy baby never mind the ureaplasma?
Do we have to take more antibiotics or to try with some homeopatic terapy?
What to do and what do think? I am thinking that and before to discover ureaplasma in this world there where babies>
Avatar n tn
You want to be sure you are completely healthy before having a baby any doctor will tell you that. You may need a specialist.  You don't want any possibilities for anything to go wrong.  Goodluck.
Thank for your answer, but you are talking about SPECIALIST - what kind of specialist.....I have 2-3 gin, my husband - urologos + one microbiologos. All of them just afraid to take the response - I am thinking that even and they don`t know the answer......But I am trying, and trying to find this answer
Avatar n tn
Wow! sometimes even they don't have the answers we are looking for. I know this must be a hard thing to go through Don't give up. You seem like you and your husband is  working hard for this baby and I'm sure you would see light at the end of the tunnel.