STDs Community
Please help NGU Epipidmitis

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Please help NGU Epipidmitis

Good afternoon Doctor - thank you in advance for your help.

My wife was diagnosed with BV about 6 months ago -
I had received oral about 9 months ago 2 times
I tested negative for Ghonorea (Gonorrhea) and Chlamadya and Syphilis and HIV right after I was aware of my Wifes BV diagnoses about 6 months ago.  The doctor gave me 4 pills of azithro at the time for insurance.  I did have sex with my wife before the pills and after without a condom.
Now 9 months after my initial exposure and 6 months after my wifes BV i was diagnosed with NGU today - I have not had any other oral or any sex outside of the oral 9 months ago - I did get tested after the 4 pills of azithro and was tested negative for all bacterial std's including NGU - However I have had sex with my wife after that test and now I was tested positive for NGU and negative for Ghonorea (Gonorrhea) and Chlamdya =

My questions =
1- does this mean that i got this from me reveiving oral?
2- is it possible i passed it to my wife and i got treated and got it back from my wife?
3- what is NGU called in women - I have read that sometimes NGU is diagnosed as BV in women is that true?
4- What now - She has zero symptoms?
5- My doctor said i show signs of epipidtimis and he is treeating this as well - If i told my wife that I had epipidtimis and that it was a non specific bacterial infection and that she should recheck her BV will that be considered a STD?
6- IF she goes to her OB and explains that I was diagnosed with non specific bacterial Epipdimitis without chlymidia or ghonorea (Gonorrhea) what will they test her for?
7- How do they find NGU in women? and what do they call it?

Sorry for the numerous questions.  I just cannot believe I would get NGU from such a quick oral experince twice and that I would have passed it on and then got it back - how rare is that?

Please let me your thoughts.  I hope this makes sense. - The test was a swab in the uretha and under a microscope right at the office - Can this be anything else?  I know i did a terrible thing and I regret it everyday of my life - I just do not want to hurt my wife and our very small happy kids.  I need to see if I can get her help without letting her know where it came from.  Can the BV have caused this or anything else?

Thank you
you paid to post on the std experts forum and received a reply. continue to follow up there.