STDs Community
Possibility of a false positive gonorrhea test?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Hello!
My girlfriend went to her first gyno appointment last week and they did the usual gonorrhea/syphilis test. Unfortunately, she came back positive for gonorrhea. I don't think I can believe this, because I've been her only sexual partner for over a year, and even then she has been ridiculously safe with everything. Neither of us have shown symptoms of this and we've had protected and unprotected sex (she was on birth control while unprotected). She also swears that she never cheated on me or anything and I believe her 100%. We're just worried because in the past 2 years she's only had 3 sexual partners. Also for me, I've only had one sexual partner before her and was tested and safe.

Our question is: Is it possible for her to have it the entire time and not know? Or would it be more likely that this is a false positive.
Not sure but wouldn't you have it to? Since you had unprotected sex with her? Im only 15 so I can't really help you. Good luck and I hope the test was etong
Well it is unlikely for her to carry it for a year + and not know it and not transmit it to you, and for you not to have symptoms for any amount of time.

If she has not medicated she can retest, and if you have not medicated I suggest you test also.