STDs Community
Possible STD, pain, doctor visits no help

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

This may or may not be an STD, I don't know, but please help, in anyway you can.

sexual history:
- I was with 1 girl for many years, at the very start, we both realized we had chlamydia but never figured out the source, then we both got it cleared up. neither of us had any symptoms. but this was over 2 years ago.
- recently I hooked up with a girl, no sex, but genitalia made contact for an extended period. she was rough with me so at first I thought that was my issue. She said she had not had sex in 6 months, and has told me recently when i talked to her about this that she has no symptoms at all, but has had many UTIs in the past.

tests and symptoms:
- after our hook-up, the next day, the tip of my urethra had a light, but sharp pain, which I attributed to the roughness. but after 4-5 days it was still there, and on the 5th day I started to feel a slight burn in my crotch, which was in concentrated areas, but would come and go, yet still slight.
- after 5 days I saw a doctor, he tested blood and urine for STDs: syphilis, HIV, chlamydia, and gonorrhea: all negative. He also tested for UTI, which he said was positive, but a light case of, since there was a high white cell count in the urine and some discharge. He visibly checked me too.
- the results took 4 days to come in, but he immediately put me on the anti biotic doxycycline after our visit, which I was on for 4 days, and made my stomach quite sick. after the 4-5 days of that, when the results came in, he switched me to what he says is a more powerful anti biotic and was better for the UTI (don't recall name), as doxy is more for chlamydia. I switched to that and took it for the full 7 days
- after the full time of anti biotics I went back for a 2nd visit to the doctor. at this point I still felt a slight burn in my penis towards the end half, but never too strong. but also, the itch/burn above my penis, and between my legs (upper, inner thigh) felt at its worse. It hurt my upper, inner thigh to walk and I feel it sitting down at my desk. i also started getting a bad itch around my butt hole. he visibly examined me, saw no redness, no crabs, checked for hemorrhoids, all negative. he didn't know what to do and only suggested Benadryl to help with the itch a little...said come back if I ever have a rash, or sores, etc. which I still have yet to see.

- at this point, it has been about 5 days since the 2nd visit, and the last couple days -- still right now as well as I type this I feel a burn in my crotch upper my penis and a slight tingle near my anus. I only have some very light redness in the key areas, but likely due to be rubbing on rare occasion from the pain (I try not to itch anything). I also still feel that slight tingle in my upper penis, but still no sores. It has been a total of about 3 weeks since I was first with the girl (I am still seeing but we have not had sex).

Life Style:
- The only thing different in my life, other than the encounter with the girl, is that i used to take hot showers 4 days a week, and now I take them 7 days a week, and am in for about 8 minutes. However, I started this about 1 month before any of this happened.
- As of this week I started using a detergent with no fragrant nor perfume in case it is an allergic reaction. I do get some seasonal allergies, but it mainly only makes me rub my eyes a little
- 2 weeks ago when the symptoms first started getting bad I cleaned everything in my house, just to be extra safe: sheets, blankets, clothes, towels. I like to think I am already a fairly clean person though.

Let me know if you need more information, I just really want this irritating pain to go away.
Also, it does NOT hurt to pee, and hasn't before. It just makes me aware of the slight penis pain. But the burn/itch above my penis, inner thighs, and around the anus are much worse than the penis feeling. again they are generally in sharp areas, not all over the place.
Oh and during the time I had heard I had the UTI I drink lots of cranberry juice, but it didn't seem to help.
It could be prostatitis. You may want to visit a Urologist to help. Prostates are hard to treat. Believe me.  I had one after my last surgery. Hope you are well soon.
When the doctor checked me he inspected me front and back, feeling my testies and visually inspecting the rest. I take it it is still possible this could have been overlooked?

Yesterday the sensation was very minor and same with today. If I continue to feel OK should I assume all is well or is this something that could come back to haunt me? I feel about at 90% now and the worst days about 65%
You need to have a rectal exam to find out if you have a prostate infection.  Its up to you on if you get it checked, but if symptoms persist, you should definitely get it checked.

Aj
k. I will give it a few days and see how I feel, then make an appointment with a urologist. thank you for all the help thus far.
I still have symptoms. It comes in waves, sometimes worse than others. Never super terrible, but enough to frustrate and really worry me.

I will make an appointment for a urologist tomorrow.

Thank you for the help thus far.
symptoms persist -- seeing a urologist on Monday -- my butt and legs feel weak lately too...not sure if that is related...i'm only 27...scary stuff this all is...
just like AuntJessi stated, return too your doctor if symptoms persist. what i would like too mention also is that, if your stressing & experiencing a whole lot of anxiety, whatever minor thing you maybe experiencing such as jock itch like in my case, you can it all worse. i did just that. i had a rash, i worred, and it messed with my body. adding silly symptoms which threw off the doctors. try and relax. if it persists, get it checked out. whats done is done now. take the necessary precautions if things persist.  
cool thanks. And as stressed as I have been sounding in this thread I am generally a level headed, logical person, so I feel like I have been as calm as possible with this. Tomorrow is my appointment so we'll see how it goes...
So here is the long over due update to my situation, and yes I am still seeking advice:

All of the problems wen't away but one: I still have the sting in my butt...and multiple doctors later I am told it is a yeast infection. They have had me try different things, from various creams to pills. It always comes in waves (ups and downs) which usually has nothing to do with using the cream or not, although using one of the creams does give temporary relief. I even had a sigmoidoscopy performed and nothing was found other than the yeast infection.

So here is the troubling part: the last dermatologist told me that this is very likely something I will have to live with for the rest of my life and that it is common. How can this be true? I have never even heard of this happening until it happened to me, and is there really nothing I can do? He wants me to keep a log of everything I eat and only use the creams when it is bad now, but still said it will always come and go my life....
Oh and note that one of the creams they gave me, they said to use it every day 2-3 times a day even if I didn't feel anything. this was something they had me try for 5 weeks, and it didn't work even though I was very persistent and did all the little tips they told me like drying off very well after a shower, not sitting on the toilet for long periods, not itching the area, etc.