STDs Community
Possible STD in throat?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Possible STD in throat?

Okay this whole situation might seem strange but I am very concerned and would appreciate all the facts to be considered when answering, please. So I am a 16 year old female that gave oral sex for the very first time ever to my boyfriend on this past Sunday afternoon around 5:30-6 (today is Thursday around 8pm.) it was very short, maybe less than 5 minutes collectively. He did not cum in my mouth but I believe there was precum that tasted salty. Both my boyfriend and i have never had vaginal or anal sex with anyone so we are virgins in that sense. I am completely a virgin aside from the one time of giving oral sex. My boyfriend has only had oral with with one other girl ever and she was a virgin as well (total virgin, they were eahcothers first kiss.) The night of the incident, around a few hours afterwards, I started feeling a very slight sore throat. On Monday, It felt a bit worse but still not too bad. On Tuesday I went to our doctor and I didn't tell her what happened but I said I had a sore throat and she looked in my throat and said that my throat was pretty red and she gave me a shot (for sinus I think) and put me on a Z pack. My throat seems to be feeling better and less sore but it is still red. I am not doing oral sex again for a long time because this has scared me so much. So my main questions are

How likely is it that I have some sort of STD? I would say pharangeal gonorrhea is my main concern. But anything in general?

Do you think I should get tested?

I don't want my parents finding out, so can I possibly go to our local health department and get tested for gonorrhea and syphilis, ect for free/low cost without parents knowing?

How long would results take?

How long should I wait to get tested?

Would a Z Pack help even if I had an STD?

Hi and welcome. Oral sex is very low risk for the giver. The problem is that you say everyone is a virgin but you dont really know about your boyfriend.
You took some meds so that might interfer with the test results. For the type of std your talking about the test would show something about 7 days after exposure.
The proper procedure is to give you a test to see if  you have anything instead of automaticlly treating you so testing now might be to no avail.
Cant say is the meds they gave you will work as we dont know if you had anything or if you did what you had.
I personally think you did not have anything.
At this point it would be best to have your boyfriend tested to rule out if he had anything.
I think this was all from anxiety as is a low risk.