STDs Community
Possible STD?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Possible STD?

I'm not sure what topic to put this question in because i really don't know what i have or if it could be a std or hiv. I'm 15 currently and i've had sex before. My first time was back in july 2009. Only probably a week after i was having burning after i used the bathroom. This continued on for a while andi thought maybe it stop. But it never has a i still have it today. Sometimes it will burn when i need to use the restroom or after. It happen at least once a week or once ever two weeks. But only for one time and the burning would last for 30 mins or less. I had discharge everyday, it was always white or clear. My periods were normal, but i have dark brown after them.
Recently i've had my period ,but it never really came. I would use a tampon and blood with mostly brown discharge would appear, but if i walked around with a pad nothing would show. this lasted three days then stopped. So a unusual period for me, there normally up to 5 or 6 days. Anyway, that friday i had sex with a guy friend. The next day was fine no burning but that night when i used the restroom there was that same extreme burning exactly like the first time i had sex.  It last until whenever i feel asleep and was gone in the morning but when i used the bathroom it came back.
I'm not so if this is a urine infection or another infection or maybe a disease?  Please give me or options or opinions please.
honestly you have potentially put your fertility at risk from leaving this go for this long. You need to be seen this week and have a full std screening done. don't put this off any longer.

grace
also if you are having unprotected sex, discuss pregnancy potential and future pregnancy prevention too.
Hey Grace, are you sure this is a STD? because asking my mom to go get me scanned will be really hard, yes she knows what ive done, but can it not be a infection. and fertility is big i do want childern one day so is very important to me
She never said it is an std, though it sounds very possible.  You need to be tested to be sure and get proper treatment. There are other infections a woman can get that would cause PID and in time your fertility.  So, you have a choice to make.

1. Risk ending up in the hospital with severe symptoms of PID and your ability to have children in the future.
2. Tell your mom and get it taken care of.  Even if she gets angry, she will get over it eventually.

You are 15 and have already made the decision to have sex.  With that comes the responsibility of making sure you do not get pregnant, or any disease.  There are people your age having sex and getting diseases like HIV and spreading them because they don't understand the responsibility they have to protect themselves.  Tell your  mother and get to a gynecologist. Don't forget to talk about birth control.
Thanks for letting me know that, i went and got checked today by a close friend of my moms because she was once in the nursing field. I do not have any signs of STD's. I do have different types of Bactiera's but nothing serious. I think i will be good though, I'll be given some medication to help.

To both of you, Thanks for your thoughts and advice i appreciate it very much! :)
did they do a full std screening on you too?

grace
I believe so, it was my moms good friend and when she was checkin she had no doubt in her mind it was NOT a std and i look fine up there.
well why not call and ask what your test results were and ask specifically what you were tested for?

www.iwannaknow.org is a terrific website aimed at teens for more reading on std's so that you can be better educated on them.

grace
i had a UTI test and they said it was jus filled with bateria. i had a friend tell me today they should of done blood work cause STDs can sometimes not be shown..idk if thats true thou. But so far no burning except once every 2 days when i first pee but its not bad, not even really burning. So hopefully bacteria is all that is was.
Well, let me tell you from my own experience.  If they did not send that urine sample to a lab for testing, you could have an std.  The discharge could have mixed in your urine which will cause a positive result for a UTI.  This happened to me.  But when they did the 24 hour culture, it turned out I did not have a UTI.  So, i took antibiotics AGAIN for no reason.  I did not have an std, thankfully, I was already cured.  My symptoms were diagnosed as chronic cervicitis. But my symptoms differ from yours.
Well the burning has not completely stop but it was not like it was before. and the discharge isnt to the amount it was so whatever i may have had i think it is going away. I felt really good today so we will see
did they do blood testing for std's too or did they just send a urine off to check for a urinary tract infection?  

grace
They did a lab test on my urine and figured out everything in it, and i was swabbed up there but idk what the test results for that was. And nope, no blood scan. but the burning hasnt happen for 3 days now.

Madison
you didn't have proper testing done for std's. cover your bases and go somewhere where they will do all the proper testing you need done. your future fertility depends on this.

grace
I got new info coming up bout it cause my mom keeps herself updated with it now. Now it only burns right when i got to the bathroom..no more then that. She said it cud b me gettin over the infection since i had it for so long or..another possible cause that i dont know much info on is it could me my tube where i urinate from cud be to tight or swollen and thats causing it. She remembers when she was little that her urinating tube (or w.e its called) was like that and she burned when she pee'd so she went to a doctor and he put her to sleep and stretched it out. So she thinks i cud have that.. if not we will go back again.