STDs Community
Possible STD?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Possible STD?

I'm a 23 year old female and I've had a few different partners. I plan on getting tested, but until then I wanted to see what you guys thought about my symptoms to maybe ease my mind a bit.
I've been with my current partner for a year and a half now and I'm positive that he was a virgin before we had sex.
I have discharge especially around my menstrual cycle and other times throughout the month, but I can't tell if it's normal from what I've researched or not. A few different times over the years I've had a single bump or sore, but it doesn't look like a blister or a wart or anything associated with the pictures of STDs that I've seen. If I develop a bump/sore, it's never around my actual vaginal opening, but is more likely to occur around the perineum or anal area. I've only tried having anal sex with my current boyfriend a couple of times. I do shave in the entire area vaginal/bikini/anal area. Right now there's a dull ache in my labia majora, and I haven't shaved the area in a while because I've been too nervous to do so because about 2 or 3 weeks ago a bump like thing appeared on my perineum closer to my vagina than my anus a few days after my boyfriend and I experimented with anal (which was not pleasant, might I add). The bump was painful, but it never came to a head that I was aware of and believe me, I was monitoring the area very closely. Also, it's embarrassing to say, I've been having discomfort such as itching around my anal area as of late.
Those are the only symptoms I've ever experienced since I've become sexually active.
So in short: a few isolated painful bumps over the years, discharge that may or may not be normal (I think it is), occasional itching around the anus, I haven't shaved since the bump first appeared 3 weeks ago, and as of right now there's a dull ache on my labia majora.
Can anyone try to make somewhat of a diagnosis or relate it to any kind of symptoms of STDs they've heard of or experienced? Like I said, I plan on getting tested, but it won't be for another month or so, so I'm just trying to see if it's something I should be worried about, or normal occurrences that I'm just freaking out about?
Thank you so much!
lube, lube and more lube for anal especially the first few times with a partner!!!

you need to be seen and get this looked at. no more shaving. sounds like you are getting some rashes from that.  better to trim the hair low than to shave it all off.    

if your partner was a virgin before you,, you know these aren't likely to be std related issues. did you follow up with full std testing after your last partner prior to this one? have you ever been tested for herpes to know your status?

grace
We used lube, and believe me it's not something I want to do again!
And no, that's why I'm going to get tested once I get home. Does it even seem like herpes could really be the cause?
I'm honestly freaking out. From what I've looked at it doesn't seem like that would be the cause.
doesn't really sound like a herpes issue.

stop back and let us know how your appointment went :)
Will do :)
Thank you for the piece of mind!
peace*