STDs Expert Forum
Possible STD?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Possible STD?
Hi Dr.,

About 2 years ago I received a couple hand jobs. I was not wearing a condom.

Then one year ago around February/March I noticed a pimple on my upper groin across my underwear and pants line, and there was another pimple at the base of my penis. They only lasted a couple weeks and cleared up. I did experience a little itching and tingling with these. There also appeared to be a red dot on the head of my penis, but i never felt it and it went away quickly.

Now (February) I woke up about two weeks ago to a pimple at the base of my penis on my groin. It appeared without forewarning. A couple days later another one appeared without warning next to the other one. And just today another one appeared on the left side of my groin almost where it meets my thigh. I have also experienced a little bit of itching/tingling.  

I have not been sexually active since these hand jobs and have not experienced any other symptoms.

Could I be experiencing herpes or another STD? If it is not an STD then what could it be?

Thank you
Welcome to the Forum. I'll be pleased to comment. The pimples you describe do not sound like any STD and, more importantly, there are virtually no STDs that are transmitted by receipt of masturbation (hand jobs) or that would take this cong to appear.  What you describe is more suggestive of a problem called folliculitis than anything else.  Folliculitis occurs when the pores in your skin get plugged.  This allows that normal bacteria that are present on just about every-one's skin to grow and cause what is essentially a pimple.  Some of these just appear as red bumps which may or may not be  tender while others go on to actually form pimples.  In some instances, if you look closely you can see a hair coming out of, or nearby the bump- this too is typical of folliculitis).  the best way to manage follicultitis is NOT to scratch or squeeze them but to wash them with soap and water using a wash cloth of loofah sponge.

I hope this comment is helpful to you. EWH