STDs Community
Possible STD?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Possible STD?

Hello All

I am a 23 year old male and the other day I protected sex with a female.  Before this she gave me oral sex.  Also my penis without a condom touched and went a very small amount into her vagina unprotected for a split second before I put a condom on.  I woke up the next day, only about 8 hours after this experience with a pain/annoyance in my left groin.  I noticed a swollen, tender lymph node.  The pain felt increased during the day and was discomforting.  I still have the swelling and pain today and also feel a little pain in my testicles and lower abdomen.  

I went to a physician today to check if it was a hernia or swollen node.  He said it was a node.  He told me that an STDs like HIV, herpes, and syphilis can lead to STDs.  This scared me although he did not say it was positive and he gave me an antibiotic.  

A couple of other notes: 5 days earlier to the sex I got a massive scrap/cut on my left hip.  I didn't treat it at all.  Also I shave my pubic region about once every 2 to 3 weeks.

I have 3 questions.

1) Do you think my sexual experience is enough to transmit possible STD's?

2) Do you think 1 day is enough to attribute a swollen lymph node to an STD?

3) Could my shaving or cut be enough to induce a swollen lymph node?
Thank you.  All help and information is greatly appreciated.
1) The oral sex could transmit a STD but symptoms do not show up that soon.
2) No, most STD's do not have that as a symptom
3)No clue...that would be for a Dr.

Your symptoms 8 hours later have nothing to do with an STD. I can't say you don't have an STD, but I can say that getting oral sex is not very likely to tansmit a STD. It is possible but it is low risk.