STDs Expert Forum
Possible infection of hpv

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Possible infection of hpv

Hello Doctor:

Two years ago I found out that I had a wart in my scrotum; the strange thing is that I haven´t had sexual relations or oral sex or other activities, I was a virgin.. Nowadays I still have the same wart it hasn´t get bigger or smaller, is there any possibility that I am infected of hpv?? what do I have to do take the wart away??
Even without sex, you could have gotten a wart from contact of your scrotum with an infected partner.  Thus, it is possible.  At the same time, I find it a little unlikely, particularly if you have truly had no exposure.  The scrotum is an unusual place for a wart and they typically go away without treatment in less than a year.  There are a number of dermatological conditions which can be mistaken for warts.  My advice would be to see a dermatologist.  He/she can provide you with a diagnosis and, if it is a wart, could likely easily help you get rid of it.  Please let us know what they say.  Hope this helps.  EWH
HI Dr. again thank you very much for your advices!!. Just one more question the little wart or piece of skin change color and it came out alone, I didnt get any damage in my skin or scar in my scrotum, no blood or something secreted. I have the piece of skin, do u think i have to worry to analyze the skin??