Possible vitiligo?
Hi Doctor,
I am a twenty five year old male. Last January I got out of the shower and noticed a white spot (smaller than size of dime) near the base of my penis. It can be best described as loss of pigment as my penis and genitals are a tan color and this white spot looks like the same color as my skin on other parts of the body. It is flat, painless, and not perfectly round on skin. I shaved around my genitals during that shower, but I have been doing this for years now. I also have been having unprotected monogomous sex with my girlfriend of two years. I remember she had a bacterial infection in late November/early Deccember (1-2 months prior to appearance of white spot) and we refrained from having sex for a month or so.
I had a physical done last February (3 weeks after appearance of white spot) and when doctor (family doctor, not dermatologist) saw it he acted as if it was normal. When I aked him what it was he said it was a loss of pigment and is common on the genitals of males, although he didn't know why. It has been nine months now since it appeared and it hasn't changed shape or color, at leat not noticeably.
I guess that even though I went to family doctor and he said it was ok, I am still a little self contious about it even though my girlfriend thinks its cute and says I'm special because I have it. I didn't ask doctor if it could have came from my girlfriend's bacterial infection. If it was bacterial though I probably would have had some pain or changes in color though, right? Also, do you think I should see dermatologist about it and is there any way that it will go away by itself or with inexpenisve creams? ( I do not have good health insurance so I really do not want to go to dermatologist)

Not the Dr's site and this is not STD related.
See a dermatologist if concerned.
How do I delete it form this forum?
No need to delete it, it's fine here.