STDs Expert Forum
Possibly Herpes?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Possibly Herpes?

I've had a rough couple of months.

9/22/2012 - Possible exposure to hsv 2. No sex (oral or otherwise). My boxers stayed on, and her underwear stayed on, but there was a lot of thigh to thigh contact. Genitals did not touch.  Hand job, but far away from any genital area.
10/04/2012 - 10/08/2012 - Crazy facial crawling and flu symptoms. Sores in my mouth, but swabbed and not herpes. No appetite for days.
10/20/2012 - Genital crawling starts like crazy all over the genital and leg areas. No flu symptoms at this point.
10/23/2012 - Burning on the tip of the penis. Not painful. Just burning. Crawling and burning. No painful urination.
10/26/2012 - Massive flu attack. Back pain like you wouldn't believe. Drank literally 2 gallons of water and still thirsty. Vomitting, no diarrhea. Most sick I've ever been in my life. Incredible itching all over the genitals shortly followed.
10/27/2012 - Severe depression. No history of depression prior.
11/05/2012 - A couple sores on my rear end. Not painful. Lasted a few days... very spread out. Doctor said doesn't look like herpes' No puss or anything. Opposite side of the body of where I had contact.
11/07/2012 - Nerve tingling (pins and needles) all over the place geintally. Dull pains in legs and buttocks. Enough to not let me sleep. Still plenty of itching. 2 hours of pretty severe nausea.
11/09/2012 - Small paper cut on my outer right thigh. No pain.
11/10/2012 - Tested negative for hsv 1 and hsv 2 igg
11/24/2012 - Nerve tingling has pretty much gone away. Some lasting mild itching, and one 'ant bite' a day. Itching and tingling are generalized and not area specific.

Body still doesn't feel great. But wondering what this is? What should I do now? I feel very lost.
Welcome to the Forum.  The exposure you mention but do not describe in detail sounds very, very low risk for acquisition of HSV and the symptoms you describe do not raise any concern for HSV either.  The "crawling" sensations you experienced are in no way suggestive of HSV and flu-like symptoms could be due to any of a long, long list of causes including any number of non-STD viruses that are commonly acquired in the activities of daily life by folks.  Your negative serological tests for herpes also suggest that herpes infection was not a contributor to the illnesses or symptoms you have described.

It sounds to me as though the past two months have been tough for you.  Herpes however is not a contributor and I would urge you not to worry about it further.  I hope that you recovery will continue uneventfully.  EWH
Thanks Dr. Hook. You're just about my favorite person right now.

When should my blood be tested again? (if ever)
What kind of doctor should I go to about the nerve tingling/crawling? Or if it stops completely, just forget about it?

Last questions. Promise.
I see no reaon for further STD testing.

As for the nerrve tingling/crawling, my suggestion would be to wait a bit and see if it ddoesn't get better on its own.  If it does not, I'd start with your own generalist and see what they think.

Hope this helps. EWH
Dr. Hook, one more follow up. I did retest and came up positive for hsv 1. Could I have HSV 1 genitally even though there was no sores/pain. Generalist didn't have any idea what this was.

Thanks for your patience with this ongoing question.
Most unlikely,  Over 60% of adults have HSV-1 of whom 8 out of 10 do not know it.  No change from my earlier assessment.  EWH