STDs Community
Possibly Throat Gonorrhea but I'm on holiday!

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

So 2 nights ago I had a one night stand with a girl in Germany, where I'm currently backpacking around. Today, I woke up with a terribly sore throat, it feels like it's on fire and even drinking cold water hurts. I've read on the symptoms in terms of STDs and apparently throat Gonorrhea can show up as a sore throat after 2 days! Now I'm worried. I'm a guy by the way, 28 years old. Me and the girl gave each other unprotected oral sex and had protected sex. Thinking back on it, I'm sure this girl gets around, that was the vibe I got afterwards anyway. It was a silly mistake on my part. This is my first sexual encounter for about 9-10 months.

The thing is, I have 9 days left in Germany before I go back to the UK and I can't find any STD test centres near me in Germany, plus by now I'm in a very remote location.

So my question is this, is it dangerous to wait the 9 days? and then get tested as soon as I arrive back in the uk. I'm actually very worried about this. I have a crappy immune system at the best of times. What I thought was a bit of fun on my holiday could be the bloody ruin of it.

What should I do!